Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Education is regarded as the key to achieving aspirations in the competitive world, but not every student has sufficient resources to bear the cost of education and turn their dreams into reality. For the students who belong to the weaker sections of the society such financial aid to continue their education, plays an important role. Scholarships for class 10th pass students play a major role in one’s life. This scholarship not only provides students with financial support but also gives them a lot of encouragement and confidence.
Scholarship for 10th passed students is offered both by the government and private institutes. Most of the scholarships are available online and offered to the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in Class 10th. With the announcement of CBSE class 10 board result 2020, this is the right time to have a look at the Scholarships for class 10th passed students. However, there is various type of scholarships such as need-based, merit-based, college-specific, and career-specific. CollegeDekho has listed down some of the most popular scholarships for class 10th Passed Students with other necessary details.
Table of Content
1.Vidyadhan Scholarship for 10th Passed Students
It is one of the most popular scholarships for class 10th students run by the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation (SDF). The foundation offers a financial scholarship to meritorious students after completion of 10th grade. Vidyadhan scholarship is provided to over 1500 students every year across states including Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, etc. Students selected for Vidhyadhan Scholarship will receive a maximum amount of Rs. 6,000 per year for the 11th and 12th class.
Eligibility for Vidyadhan Scholarship:
- Students who score 90% marks or above in class 10th results are eligible to for the scholarship
- Students with a family income of fewer than 2 lakhs per year.
Steps to Apply for Vidyadhan Scholarship:
- Students can apply for the Vidyadhan scholarship online by registering themselves.
- Click on the link- 'Apply Now' and a verification email will be sent.
- Verify the account and apply online by selecting the appropriate scholarship program.
- After successfully completing the application form, an email will be sent.
- However please note that the application will be considered complete only after you upload the mandatory documents and photographs.
- Please check your email regularly for communication and updates.
2. Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship for 10th Passed Students
Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship is an initiative of the Modi Foundation which helps underprivileged students from class 8 to 12 .This scholarship works on the motto “no youth should be deprived and left behind from education. Top 5 rank holders will be given a cash prize of Rs 8,000 to Rs 50,000 and candidates can apply for the same online on the official website.
To claim this scholarship students need to take Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship 2018. The scholarship amount has to be divided into the following categories
|Ranks||Scholarship Amount||No. of Students Offered|
Eligibility for Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship:
- Students who are studying in class 8 to 12 are eligible for the scholarship test.
- It is also mandatory for the students to be citizens of India.
3. All India Meritorious Scholarship for 10th Pass Students
All India Meritorious Scholarship offers young minds financial assistance so that they can showcase their talent and realize their dreams. This is one of its kind as students have the privilege to take the tests from their home itself. AIMST is offered both on a mean and merit basis. To apply for the AIMST Scholarship students can visit the official website and register there to fill the application form.
Eligibility for All India Meritorious Scholarship:
- Students of Class 11 and Class 12 students are eligible to apply.
- Merit-based scholarship- 62 meritorious students will receive scholarships to felicitate academic excellence. Selection will be on the basis of students’ AIMST scores and their performance in the personal interview.
- Need cum Merit-based scholarship- 62 students, coming from the weaker financial background and the overall meritorious record will receive scholarships to continue their higher education. Selection will be based on the cumulative family income, AIMST score, board score, and personal interview.
- The total number of scholarships awarded will depend on the number of applications received by the authority.
Steps to Apply for All India Meritorious Scholarship:
- To register yourself create the login id and password.
- Pay the application fee and start filling the online application form.
- Start attempting the online exam.
- The candidates will be required to submit their Class 10 mark sheet, Class 12 mark sheet (if eligible), Identity proof and proof of family income while filling the online application form.
4. Jio Scholarship for 10th Pass Students
Jio offers 2,800 deserving students whose financial support to pursue higher education. The scholarship offered by Jio bear expenses such as tuition fees and incidental expenses that are dependent on the institution and the board. Interested students can register for Jio Scholarship 2018 both in online as well as offline mode. To fill the form offline, students can visit any Jio office in their area and collect the scholarship application form.
Candidates who are interested to pursue higher studies in the field of humanities, liberal arts and sciences are also eligible and are encouraged to apply for this Jio Scholarship. This is eligible for 10th, 11th, 12th & B.Tech, M.tech, degree students.
Steps to Apply for Jio Scholarship:
- Eligible candidates can fill the application forms for the scholarship.
- The application forms for the same are available at Jio Offices.
- Fill in all the details in the application form and submit the application.
The Jio Scholarship is divided into three broad categories:
Jio Merit-Based Scholarship: Students who are doing well academically and in other abilities such as artistic and athletics will be awarded this scholarship. These kinds of scholarships are paid directly to the institution where the student belongs to.
Jio Need-Based Scholarship: Candidates who are planning to make a career in the field like nursing are eligible for this scholarship.
Jio Student -Specific Scholarship: This scholarship is for the candidates who will be eligible in certain categories like gender, race, religion, family, and medical history and various other factors like these.
5. CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) offers CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme to the single girl child. The main aim of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is to encourage the meritorious girl students to perform well and get a quality education. Eligible candidates will be provided with a scholarship of Rs. 500 per month for 2 years.
Eligibility for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship:
- Parents having a single girl child.
- Candidates who have scored 60% or 6.2 CGPA in CBSE class 10 board are eligible for the scholarship.
Steps to Apply for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship:
- Candidates can apply online on the official website of the CBSE.
- Enter the roll number and certificate number as mentioned on the Class 10th mark sheet to submit the online application form.
- Note down the registration number, it will be required while uploading the documents and for future reference.
- Print the undertaking as provided in the "Guidelines Document" fill it, paste the photograph and get the same attested from school.
- Prepare affidavit, as per the format provided in the -Guidelines Document.
6. Indian Oil Academic Scholarship
Indian Oil Academic Scholarship is offered to the students in Class 11 and 12. Students with outstanding classs10th results receive an amount of Rs.1000 per month for two years (during class 11&12). The total value of the scholarship is Rs.24,000. Students taking admission in class 11 can apply for IOCL scholarship. The cumulative income of the family should not be more than Rs.1 lakh per annum. To apply for the IOCL scholarship candidates can visit the official website and register themselves.
7. NCERT Scholarship
NCERT Scholarship for class 10th pass students is to recognize talented students and provide them with financial support to pursue higher studies. As a part of the selection criteria, the test is conducted in two stages where the first level test is conducted at the state level by the Department of State Education Research and Training whereas the second level is organized by the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) at National Level. Students who qualify the test will be provided with complete financial assistance.
Eligibility for NCERT Scholarship:
- Any regular student of class 10th can apply for the qualifying test.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be more than 18 years old.
8.Saraswati Academy Scholarship for 10th Pass Students
Saraswati Academy offers a scholarship to the class 10 students. The scholarship aims to provide the most deserving students with an opportunity to achieve their goals by becoming top professionals. To avail, the scholarship students need to appear in the SAST entrance test 2018. There is no negative marking in the entrance test and candidates can apply for the same online. The application fees for the entrance test is Rs.200.
The SAST entrance consists of multiple-choice questions and the exam is conducted in offline mode.
The scholarship segment is divided as follows:
- Rank (1-5) – 100% on overall fees
- Rank (6-15) – 70% Only on tuition fees
- Rank (16-30) – 60% Only on tuition fees
- Rank (31-50) – 50% Only on tuition fees
- Rank (51-100) – 40% Only on tuition fees
- Rank (101-200) – 30% Only on tuition fees
Eligibility for Saraswati Academy Scholarship:
9. Post Matric Scholarship
The post-matric scholarship is given by the union territory authority in UTs and by the state governments in states. The scholarship is aimed to push the students falling under ‘Economically Weaker Section’ or EWS Quota. Students after passing 10th will have to apply to their respective state and UT authorities for the scholarship with due photocopies of the Class 10 Mark sheets.
Students shall be entitled to have school fees allowance, book allowance etc under the scholarship.
Eligibility for Post Matric Scholarship
10. Nishkam Scholarship
The Nishkam Scholarship Programme is conducted for the needy students who have passed the 10th standard with a good mark. There are multiple schemes under the Nishkam Scholarship Programme and it offers monetary scholarships to needy students. The scholarship is partly funded by the Relief Committee of Greater New York. This scholarship is not only for 10+ but students studying from 8th to 12th standard can apply for the scholarship. A monetary amount starting from 12,000/- to 24,000/- is awarded to students. The application for the Nishkam Scholarship can be filed from schools.
Eligibility for Nishkam Scholarship
- The student must be studying in government or private schools in Delhi and Shahabad
- The candidate must undergo a written test and scholarship
11. National Institute of Certified Education (NICE) Scholarship
National Institute of Certified Education (NICE) conducts a ‘National Scholarship Exam’ in which the students can choose to take part in. The scholarship examination is designed to test a students knowledge in Mathematics, General Knowledge, English and Science.
The students who rank between 1st to 3rd position secure the scholarship and a consolation prize is given to students ranging from 4th to 100th position. The scholarship is available for students studying from class V to XII
Eligibility of National Institute of Certified Education (NICE) Scholarship
- The students must sit for the examination
- The student must be from the ICSC/CBSE/SSC board
- The students will have to pay 350/- rupees for examination fees
12. Nationwide Education And Scholarship Test (NEST) Scholarships
A scholarship for students studying from class IX to Class XII can avail the scholarship benefits of NEST which is the abbreviated form of Nationwide Education And Scholarship Test. The students who have passed 10th and appearing for 11th can apply under NEST Scholarship Junior I & II.
The scholarship application will have to be filled online. The students can receive up to 50,000/- rupees of assistance in the format of a cash reward.
Eligibility for NEST Scholarship
- The students will have to sit for a scholarship eligibility test
- For appearing in both Junior I & II scholarship tests, the student must have passed 10th level
13. Ryan Merit Cum Means Scholarship
The Ryan Merit Cum Means Scholarship is focused to help students belonging from the Economically Weaker Sections or EWS Category. This scholarship scheme does not require an eligibility test but is judged on performance in the last qualifying examination. A total of 10 students will receive 10,000/- rupees of assistance.
Eligibility for Ryan Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- The students must study from class 8 to 12
- The student’s annual family income is not more than 2 lakh rupees
- The student has scored a minimum of 80% in last qualifying school or board examination
14. Bighelp National Merit Scholarship
The aim of the Bighelp National Merit Scholarship aims to help the students from economically weak families who are meritorious enough to pursue their studies post 10th class. The students can avail the application form of Bighelp National Merit Scholarship from the month of May.
Eligibility for Bighelp National Merit Scholarship
- The students shall pass 10th Class
- The student’s annual family income is less than 1,00,000 rupees
- The student has scored more than 98% in Xth passing exam
- The student studies in government/public schools
Click on the links given below to know more:
For more information about scholarships for 10th pass students, Stay tuned to Collegedekho.