Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is conducting online assessments from May 24 to June 11, 2022. TISS will conduct Online Extempore and Personal Interview (PI) rounds for the final selection. Candidates qualifying for the TISSNET 2022 cutoff will be eligible to appear for these online assessment rounds. The online extempore and PI rounds are conducted to test and analyze the candidates on the grounds of social and political awareness and their views on complex and sensitive matters. Candidates are critically examined on their understanding of current affairs, social, economic, environmental, and cultural significance. Hence, here are some topics to prepare for before appearing for the online extempore or PI rounds. TISSNET 2022 was conducted on February 26 and the results were announced on March 23, 2022.
Highlights of TISS 2022 Online Assessment
Given below are the highlights of the TISS 2022 Online Assessment
First, candidates will have to prepare for online extempore.
During online extempore, candidates will be given a topic, on which they have to speak for 2-4 minutes. The topic will be given on spot.
Candidates must attend this round to be qualified for the PI Round.
Candidates qualifying for the online extempore round will then have to appear for the personal interview rounds.
Highlights of TISS 2022 PI
Below are the highlights of the TISS 2022 PI.
Candidates who qualify for the TISSNET cutoff will be allowed to appear for online extempore. Further, candidates who successfully qualify for the round will have to appear for the PI Round.
Candidates will face one-on-one interaction with the interviewer.
Questions from various fields, social, economic, political, cultural will be asked.
Based on the performance of the candidate in all three rounds, the final merit list will be declared.
TISS 2022 PI Topics for HRM Courses
The HRM programme at TISS is considered equal to the programme offered by the top B-Schools in India. And, the essay topics are slightly different. Here are some of the examples of the topics for the HRM, ODCL, Globalisation & Labour Programmes:
- How to reduce workplace harassment
- Role of change management in organization’s growth
- Is HR a cost centre or profit centre in India?
- Role of Ethics in Human Resources Management
- Leadership development and adapting to changes
- Importance of change management in HR management
- Importance of ensuring gender diversity in the workforce
- How Indian workforce can leverage globalization without brain drain
TISS PI Topics for Other Programmes
Candidates can take a look at the list of topics that are likely to be asked PI rounds for the TISS selection process:
- Overcrowding and other problems in Public Hospitals
- Global Warming: Reality or Myth
- Developed countries vs Underdeveloped countries
- Resistance to change: Reasons and your recommendations
- CSR has become a strategy of the organization
- How to tackle extremism in India?
- Indian Judicial System: From here to where
- Privatization of Higher Education in India
- Impact of CEOs on company’s performance micro and macro level
- Leadership development in a corporation
- CEO from within and outside an organization
- Retaining talent at the top
- Thinking beyond the boundaries to excel in business
- Increasing corruption cases and their consequences and measures to control
- The rising cost of Medicines is affecting the common people
- T-20 vs other forms of cricket
TISSNET 2022 PI/Online Extempore Topics: Government Schemes
TISS also questions candidates on the government schemes and their opinions on them. Candidates must be aware of the remarkable government schemes to answer accurately. These questions also analyse the understanding and sensitivity of the candidate. Here are some of the government schemes that are usually a part of the TISS essay questions:
- Atal Pension Yojana
- PM Ujjwala Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat-PM Jan Arogya Yojana
- Pradhanmantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana
- Swacch Bharat
- Smart Cities Mission
- Pradhanmantri Sadak Yojana
- Digital India and job creation
- Pradhanmantri Mudra Yojana
- Deen Dayal Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
TISSNET 2022: Other Topics
Here are some of the important topics that candidates must prepare for the Online Extempore rounds:
- Mental Health
- Disability Studies and Action
- Dalit and Tribal Studies and Action
- Children and Family
- Women Centred Practice
- In Rural Development and Governance
- In Education (Elementary)
- Social Work in Rural Development
- Public Health
- In Development Studies
- Criminology and Justice
- Community Organisation and
- Development Practice
- Public Health
- Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship
- Social Innovations and Entrepreneurship
- In Public Policy and Governance
Importance of PI and GD in TISSNET 2022 Selection Process
Candidates who qualify for TISSNET have to appear for the GD and PI rounds. The weightage of these rounds is in the ratio of 70:30.
TISSNET Entrance Test
Personal Interview (PI)
The candidates who qualify both the stages of TISSNET and TISSMAT for HRM, LR, and ODCL courses, the final score calculation weightage will be as follows:
Personal Interview (PI)
Ask any doubts or questions directly to our experts through the Q and A zone. Or fill out the Common Application Form (CAF) to get answers. Candidates can also call us through the student helpline number.
For more information and all the latest updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!