Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) is one of the most popular schemes of the government of West Bengal for the admission of students in the under graduate colleges following the West Bengal joint entrance examination. This scheme has been adopted by the state government for assisting economically backward and meritorious students (5% seats exclusively reserved as per AICTE). As it is declared that the WBJEE Mains are to be held on the 23rd of April, 2022, the benefits of the TFW scheme can be drawn as; the entire fee is to be paid by the government. This scheme is entitled to the tuition fees only, as the student has to pay for the other expenses involved in the entire session. There are some rules and regulations that are needed to be followed for the TFW Income Certificate:
- The candidates have to submit the income certificate according to the proforma that has been provided.
- The candidates who are availing for the same must be able to submit relevant certificates submitted by the competent authorities as mentioned below
- An officer in the rank of Assistant Secretary or above in the state or central government.
- District magistrate
- Sub-divisional officer
- Block development officer
Also read: AICTE extends TFW scheme for PG courses
TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) Documents Required
The important documents required for the TFW are:
- The TFW Rank holder must have to submit the income certificate. In case of any failure in producing an acceptable income certificate then the seat may not be allotted to the candidate under the TFW category.
- The domicile certificate has to be produced during the time of admission and counseling.
TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for TFW WBJEE are as follows:
- The annual income source of the students has to be less than Rs. 2.5 lacs per annum.
- The student has to be a domicile of West Bengal. The domicile certificate is mandatory to be produced during the admission and counseling of the student.
- The students have to submit the photocopy of their domicile certificates of their guardian during the time of admission and counseling of the candidate.
- The students have to submit a photocopy of the income certificate of their guardian during the time of admission and counseling of the candidate.
TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) Registration process
- To avail of the benefits of the TFW scheme by the government, the students are advised to select the TFW category at the time of the registration and form fill-up of WBJEE 2022 exam.
- If the candidate has fulfilled the eligibility criteria of the TFW, a TFW rank will be issued to them at the time of publication of the grade card along with the GMR rank of WBJEE 2022.
- After all of the procedures mentioned above, if the candidate has submitted the Domicile certificate and the Annual Income Proforma as given in the WBJEEB format.
- After the procedures have been followed, if the candidate is allotted a TFW reserved seat, then only he/ she will be able to enjoy the benefits of the tuition fee waiver.
For more information regarding WBJEE 2022, stay tuned with College Dekho!