Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
AILET 2020 is around the corner and is re-scheduled to be conducted on September 26, 2020. The exam had to be postponed due to COVID-19. Many law entrance exams are postponed because of COVID-19. This necessitates the urgency among all the NLU, Delhi, aspirants in mastering all the sections included in AILET 2020. In order to crack the Logical Reasoning section of AILET 2020, logic is the only key. Logical Reasoning has a weightage of a total of 35 questions which demands more importance and practice. To attain a high score in AILET 2020 Logical Reasoning, you must undertake a productive course of preparation.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted every year by National Law University, Delhi for admission to its five-year B.A LL.B and one-year LL.M course. AILET 2020 will be conducted in CBT mode across various test centres in India.
Now, let's come to the AILET 2020 Logical Reasoning section, which can be a bit time-consuming but also a section that anyone can have a good hold over with enough practice. This article gives you a quick outline of AILET 2020 Logical Reasoning along with the important topics for AILET Logical Reasoning 2020, and few of the best preparation tips for the section. Scroll through to find the tried and tested preparation tips for the logical reasoning section.
Important Topics of AILET Logical Reasoning 2020
Logical Reasoning tests are nothing but a way to test your ability to interpret number sequences, patterns, coding, decoding and so on. Given below is the detailed syllabus of the Logical Reasoning Section of AILET 2020:
- Series (Letter + Number)
- Coding decoding
- Seating Arrangement (Single + Multiple)
- Statement and Conclusion
- Alphabet Test, Statement and Course of Action
- Puzzle Test
- Ranking Test
- Blood Relation
- Direction & Sense Test
- Eligibility Test
- Statement and Assumption
- One Word Substitution
- Logical Sequence of Word
Tips to Prepare for AILET 2020 Logical Reasoning Section
Before we begin with the preparation tips for Logical Reasoning AILET 2020, candidates must have a distinct plan to go about it. Here are the top 9 preparation tips that can surely help someone score well in this section.
- Be an active reader and think while you are reading the question. Determine the topic, understand the complicated parts and ask yourself questions about the passage. Make sure you clear the problem in your head before you deduce the answer.
- Develop a mental checklist of strategies to comprehend the logical reasoning questions including shapes, sizes, numbers, etc. This will assist you with a more methodical approach to the AILET 2020 Logical Reasoning section.
- Do not burden yourself with the complexity of the question/passage. There may be a lot of data in the question which are incorporated to confuse you. Focus on the question and the aspect that it is based on.
- Identify the Type of Question: Logical Reasoning questions must always be identified and your approach must depend on the type of question you are answering. For instance, if the question is an assumption-based question, you must learn the gap between the evidence and conclusion first. The right answer shall be the option that reaches the conclusion at once.
- Circle important keywords which will help you find the right answer.
- DO NOT assume anything and consider only the information that is available in the given passage/question.
- There will be a mix of difficult and easy questions. The questions that you find difficult can be handled in a different way - Try drawing diagrams in order to confirm your thought process and the idea or assumption is given in the passage.
- Practice previous years' question papers along with online or offline mock tests. This will help you identify your weaknesses and strengths and give you an idea of the exam environment.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
The AILET 2020 will have 150 Multiple Choice Questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within 1 hour 30 minutes. The AILET has sections on English, Basic Mathematics, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. Check out the AILET Exam Pattern Overview below.
Total number of questions
Duration of the Examination
1 hour 30 minutes
There will be Negative Marking in AILET 2020-21. The formula for the negative marking will be 0.25X4=1.
AILET 2020 Subject Areas and Marks Distribution
To have a better understanding of AILET 2020, marks distribution has been provided for all the sections:
|Exam Section||Marks Distribution|
General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History,
Geography, Economics, Civics)
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
Also Read: Difference Between CLAT, AILET and LSAT
This article will help you in making a well-informed strategy for the section. Rest assured, with positivity and a clear mind, you can easily ace Logical Reasoning AILET 2020.
You can fill-up the Common Application Form (CAF) of CollegeDekho or dial the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 to talk to our admissions experts regarding college admissions. If you have any questions regarding the same, you can leave them in our QnA Section.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to get more information on AILET exam!