Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CUET Passing Marks 2022: CUET 2022 is one of the most sought-after entrance tests at this moment. It is a national-level entrance test that provides admission to numerous UG courses after class 12th. According to reports, with a total registration of around 14,90,000 candidates, CUET UG 2022 has surpassed JEE Mains to become the second biggest entrance exam in India after NEET UG.
Candidates appearing for Common University Entrance Test, need to be well aware of CUET 2022 Passing Marks. It will tremendously help them in making a well-informed decision after the exam is over. Knowing the CUET qualifying marks will provide an idea about the colleges that students can shortlist and apply for UG admissions. Read on to find out everything about passing marks of CUET 2022.
CUET Result 2022 (LIVE UPDATES)
CUET Passing Marks 2022
To clear the CUET 2022, candidates must score around 300-400 marks. However, if an individual is looking to get admission into a specific university, he/ she should go through the CUET eligibility criteria and target for the same. Each CUET participating university has its set of requirements that aspirants are required to meet.
Additionally, students should keep in mind that a few universities provide 85% weightage to CUET marks, and the remaining, 15% weightage, is calculated during the personal interview.
CUET 2022 Maximum Marks and Exam Pattern
The CUET entrance test is being held in 2 sessions. The first slot is from 9 AM to 12:15 PM while the second one is from 3 PM to 6:45 PM.
For every correct answer, candidates will receive 5 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt. Students should note that if any question or option is found to be incorrect or dropped, all candidates who attempted that question will be awarded five marks.
Provided below is a glimpse of CUET maximum marks per section.
CUET 2022 Qualifying Marks: Section-wise
CUET 2022 has multiple sections including Section I, Section II & Section III. The detailed section-wise CUET 2022 Qualifying Marks are captured below:
Section I: Language
Sections IA and IB of CUET 2022 allow candidates to select a maximum of three languages. The questions in this section are designed to evaluate the vocabulary and literary ability of the students. Candidates will be provided with a time of 45 minutes to answer at least 40 questions out of 50 questions in the language of their preference.
The minimum CUET 2022 qualifying marks in the language section are around 80-90 each. This implies that for sections IA and IB, students should collectively acquire a total of 160-180 marks. Reserved category students will be provided with a relaxation of 5%.
Section II: Domain-Specific Subjects
Apart from the three language options, candidates can choose up to 6 domain subjects out of a total of 27. Candidates must attempt at least 40-50 questions on every domain test to qualify CUET. Every domain is limited to a time span of 45 minutes.
The maximum mark an individual can obtain in this section is 300. To qualify for CUET 2022 Domain section, aspirants must score over 120 marks.
Section III: General Aptitude Exam
The general test for CUET will judge the general knowledge, quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning abilities of students. Students will be provided with an option of 75 questions out of which they will have to answer 60 questions in 60 minutes. Similar to section II, candidates are expected to score at more than 120 marks to pass this section.
Who Determines The CUET Cut-Offs?
All the CUET 2022 participating institutes will be responsible to determine their individual cut-off scores. Students are required to obtain equal or higher than the announced cut-off points to make it to the CUET 2022 merit list. The CUET Cut-offs for each course and category will be different.
If an individual scores 640 marks out of 800, their CUET Exam percentile will be 80. Candidates with 80 percentile or more can apply for admission to various top colleges. And if an aspirant wants to opt for moderate colleges, he/ she has to acquire more than 500.
Apart from the qualifying 60% marks in CUET 2022, students should score equal or over the CUET cut-off released by the desired university. The participating universities can select whether the CUET cut-off will be expressed in the form of rankings, marks or a percentile. Only aspirants who satisfy or exceed the CUET cut-off marks will be shortlisted for admission.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more information on CUET 2022!
Candidates can check the CUET Exam results by clicking here after it has been completed. cuet result 2022 Click here!