- Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Dates 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Application Process 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Application Fees 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Merit List 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Selection Process 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2020
- Gujarat MBBS Admissions Documents Required 2020
- Gujarat NEET MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
- Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
All candidates will be admitted to Gujarat MBBS and BDS courses 2020 on the basis of NEET result 2020. The registration process for MBBS admissions in Gujarat has begun. The Admission Committee for Professional Under Graduate Medical Educational Courses has started Gujarat NEET Counselling 2020 at medadmgujarat.org. To complete the registration process, candidates are required to purchase a pin, register their documents, and verify at a help center.
If you are one of the aspirants for MBBS in from the state of Gujarat then this article is the answer to all of your questions. You may have a lot of confusion or doubts about which step to take next so, read the full article below and find out about it all.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
NEET cut-off 2020 and AIIMS MBBS cut-off will be the basis for the selection of candidates for Gujarat MBBS admissions 2020. State-wise merit lists will be available online and candidates will be able to analyse the colleges that they can secure admission in through mock choice filling. Results conducted for the state of Gujarat by the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) is also an important aspect of analysing the medical colleges in Gujarat. Check the details of Gujarat MBBS eligibility criteria, Gujarat MBBS application process, Gujarat MBBS reservation policy, and other details below.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Dates 2020
The registration for Gujarat MBBS admissions have begun. The important dates are as follows:
Candidates can purchase PIN Number from the bank or online from
1st November 2020
Gujarat MBBS and BDS application forms to be available online
1st November 2020
Deadline to submit Gujarat MBBS and BDS forms
Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions document verification to take place from
Gujarat MBBS and BDS admission NRI applicants list to be published on
Gujarat MBBS and BDS merit list 2020 to be released on
Mock choice filling and result for Gujarat MBBS admission to be conducted from
First round of counselling for Gujarat MBBS and BDS to be conducted from
Deadline to report at allocated colleges after first counselling round
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
Candidates must have passed class 12 from CBSE/ ICSE/ Gujarat or other recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
Candidates must also have cleared NEET 2020 to appear for Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions. Check the percentage criteria below:
Unreserved or general category candidates must have an aggregate score of 50% in class 12 boards.
40% aggregate score is the minimum requirement for reserved category students including physically disabled students belonging to the reserved background.
Physically disabled students from unserved categories will need a minimum aggregate of 45%.
Nativity/ Domicile Requirements for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
Candidates seeking participation in Gujarat MBBS and BDS admission need not pass class 10 from the state, according to the interim order issued by Gujarat High Court.
Candidates just need to possess Gujarat domicile in order to participate or must fulfil the following criteria:
Candidates who have passed class 10 and 12 from a school or institute in Gujarat will also be eligible for admission under state quota even if they do not possess a domicile.
Candidates who have completed class 12 from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) based outside the state of Gujarat are also eligible, provided they have completed education class 8 from any of the JNVs in Gujarat.
Nationality Requirements for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
Indian citizens, OCIs and NRIs can apply for Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions 2020 on the basis of NEET UG 2020 scores.
NRI candidates applying for admissions will have to provide Provisional Eligibility Certificate’ from the respective university within one month of securing admission. Admission of NRI candidates will be done under management or NRI quota.
Candidates whose parents are not Indian citizens but are of Indian origin will have to provide submission proof to ACPUGMEC prior to counselling in order to secure admission in Gujarat medical colleges. These candidates will also have to provide a certificate to prove that they have acquired Indian citizen by the end of July.
Age Requirements for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2020
17 years as on December 31, 2020, to 25 years as on May 7, 2020, is the age bracket between which candidates will be able to apply for Admission to Gujarat medical colleges.
Candidates who qualify the above criteria and wish to change their course at any year will be able to do so if they pay the entire fees of the course they are currently pursuing, as per the rules laid down by the Fees Regulatory Committee.
A No Objection Certificate issued by the current institute will also need to be submitted to the Admission Committee in such cases and candidates can withdraw their documents to change course and institute through counselling.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Application Process 2020
Gujarat MBBS and BDS application forms can be filled online. Check the comprehensive application process below:
Registration and Application Fee: The first step in the Gujarat MBBS application form is payment of fees after which a PIN will be generated. The PIN number is essential in order to complete verification and start registration for Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions. To pay the fees, follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions and click on New candidate option and select the default course name i.e. Medical and Paramedical.
- The next question will be whether the candidate has appeared for NEET 2020 or not, select ‘yes’ to answer this question.
- Candidates will then have to register by filling in the details asked in the Gujarat medical admission forms. An OTP will be sent to the registered email ID or mobile number in order to confirm registration.
- After filling the OTP proceed to the payment page and pay the application fees. The application fee submitted for Gujarat MBBS application form is non-refundable.
- Candidates can either retrieve the PIN from designated bank branches or can get it online in order to start filling the application form.
Uploading Documents and Application Details: Once the registration and payment are completed, candidates will have to fill their personal and education details. NEET registration number, roll number, and score need to be provided in the application form. Candidates are also required to upload a passport size photograph (40KB) and signature (20KB) as per the size specified.
Credentials: After completion of the above step, candidates will be issued their login credentials (login ID and password) basis which they will be able to apply for counselling. Candidates can change the default password allocated to them and set their own password.
Editing and Submission: In order to confirm participation for Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions 2020, candidates will have to click on ‘Submit Registration Details’. Candidates must double-check all the details filled in the application before submitting the final form as they will not be able to edit the details after submitting it. Taking print outs of the forms is advisable for later references.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Application Fees 2020
The table below shows the category-wise application fee for Gujarat MBBS admissions in 2020.
General Category Students
Reserved Category Students
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Reservation Policy 2020
Schedule Tribe Candidates
Schedule Caste Candidates
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
Unaided medical colleges and institutions
75% of the state quota seats
15% of total seats
Management quota seats (including NRIs)
25% of the total seats
Gujarat MBBS Merit List 2020
Gujarat MBBS BDS merit list will be released for candidates to check their state ranks by logging in to their accounts after the results are out. Apart from the Gujarat state ranks, the merit list will comprise NEET details of the aspirants. Only those candidates who have completed the Gujarat MBBS admission document verification process will be mentioned in the state’s merit list. Gujarat MBBS counselling 2020 will also be conducted on the basis of the Gujarat MBBS state merit list.
For a better understanding of Gujarat MBBS merit list 2020, check the category-wise merit list Gujarat medical admissions 2019.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Selection Process 2020
Gujarat MBBS selection process is based on the category under which the candidate is registering and the domicile criteria set by the ACPUGMEC. However, no student will be admitted without the NEET 2020 score as it is a mandatory requirement. Other than this, Gujarat MBBS merit list 2020 is referred to at the time of seat allocation and students are offered seats in their highest college preference available with reference to their state rank in the Gujarat MBBS and BDS merit list. For more details regarding Gujarat MBBS and BDS selection process, keep reading.
Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2020
Gujarat MBBS and BDS counselling will be conducted in online mode and candidates can use their application login credentials to fill up their college preferences. Check the details below:
- Candidates can fill their course preferences and as many colleges as they want in the list of their choices in order of decreasing preference. This list can be edited by the students according to the changes they prefer before the deadline.
- It is important to confirm submit the choice list for Gujarat MBBS and BDS counselling before the deadline otherwise the choices filled will be locked automatically after the last date.
- Once the seat allocation is done, candidates will be given a provisional letter, fee receipt basis which they will be able to report at the allocated college in order to secure admission.
- Candidates who are unsatisfied with the first seat allotment of Gujarat MBBS and BDS seats can apply for the second round and change their preferences after cancelling their previous choices. The result of the second round will be on the basis of the most recent or edited preference list.
- Candidates seeking admission through the mop-up rounds will have to report at the allocated centres and time set by the authorities. Seat allocation in this round will be on the basis of merit number and the seats that remain vacant.
Gujarat MBBS Admissions Documents Required 2020
- NEET scorecard and admit card
- Pass certificates and mark sheets of Class 10 and Class 12
- Gujarat MBBS BDS registration and application forms 2020
- ID Proof
- Date of birth certificate
- Certified proof for physical disability (if applicable)
- Respective Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of candidate’ signature
- Non-Creamy layer certificate for candidates applying for a fee waiver
- Domicile Certificate
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Local Candidate Certificate issued either by the Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research (SMIMER), Dean of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College (NHLMMC), Ahmedabad or depending on the region in the state where a candidate is applying.
- Documents to prove NRI status for candidates seeking admission in Gujarat medical colleges.
- Candidates hailing from minority communities have to provide proof of their minority status along with a written statement of willingness to take admission in the respective minority college or institution.
Gujarat NEET MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
Gujarat medical colleges provide good medical education in UG level (MBBS) under many governments and private medical colleges situated in the states, some of the best colleges students can try if he/she has goof NEET score is as follows,
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot
- GMERS Medical College, Junagadh
- GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar
- Pramukhswami Medical College
- Government Medical College, Surat
- GMERS Medical College, Vadodara
- GCS Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust Medical College, Ahmedabad
- MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar
Stay tuned with CollegeDekho for more details regarding Gujarat MBBS and BDS admissions 2020.