Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is offering direct MBA admissions in 2022. IGNOU OPENMAT is not being conducted this year, so students will have to complete IGNOU MBA registration to get shortlisted for the MBA courses offered by the university. The last date to submit the application form for the July 2022 session is September 22, 2022. It is not yet clear whether IGNOU will continue to conduct the OPENMAT exam for the upcoming sessions.
IGNOU OPENMAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The exam is conducted for admission to the various postgraduate management courses offered by IGNOU. If you are looking to pursue an MBA from IGNOU, you must refer to the list of courses offered through IGNOU OPENMAT, along with fees, duration, admission process, and more.
List of Management Courses Offered by IGNOU
Here are the postgraduate management courses offered through IGNOU. The OPENMAT exam is not being conducted this year, so you can apply directly for these courses by completing the registration.
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU’s Management Courses
Candidates who are applying for MBA offered byIGNOU need to satisfy the eligibility criteria decided by the college. The eligibility criteria of all the management courses offered through IGNOU have been provided below.
Master of Business Administration
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management
Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice
Selection Process for MBA Courses Offered by IGNOU
IGNOU is offering direct MBA admissions this year. So, interested candidates just need to submit the application form as no entrance exam is being conducted. The application forms are scrutinized by the IGNOU staff and confirmed for admission subjects if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The admission forms are processed region-wise on a first come first serve basis. If you submit the application form as soon as they are available on the official website, your chances of getting admission will be high.
When IGNOU conducts the OPENMAT exam, candidates are shortlisted for MBA admissions based on their scores. Here’s the complete selection process of IGNOU when the entrance exam is conducted.
Online Registration: Candidates interested in studying MBA from IGNOU need to apply for admission by filling out the application form available on the official website. Here are the steps to fill out the application form:
- Visit the official website- ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in
- Click on the tab that reads “Register Yourself” if you are a new candidate.
- Fill in all the required details carefully and provide your active email address and mobile number to receive the username and other important details from IGNOU.
- Choose a password and enter the Security Code.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After the registration process is complete, submit the application by entering all the mandatory details like personal information and educational qualification.
- Next, upload scanned documents like passport-size photograph and signature.
- Pay the examination fee through online mode. General Category candidates have to pay Rs. 800, while Reserved Category candidates must pay Rs. 600 only.
- Wait for payment status after the fee is paid.
- Submit the application form after getting an update on fee payment.
- Download the application confirmation page and take a few printouts for future reference.
IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card: Students have to check the website for the admit card dates. Students can download and print their admission cards as soon as they are made accessible on the IGNOU website.
Take the OPENMAT Exam: Candidates need to appear for the OPENMAT exam at the center chosen by them on the dates announced by the conducting authority on the website. On the day of the exam, students must bring their admission cards. There will be 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering topics like Quantitative Aptitude, English Language Proficiency, Reasoning, and General Awareness in the three-hour exam.
Announcement of the OPENMAT Result: On the university's official website, the OPENMAT results will be released, and the scorecards will be mailed to the applicants who took the test. By entering their login information, students can access their OPENMAT result on the IGNOU website. The candidate's qualification for admission based on the university's cutoff will be displayed on the result card. Candidates will be selected on the basis of how well they scored on the IGNOU OPENMAT entrance exam. The OPENMAT cut-offs are used to determine the final admission.
Apply for Admission: Candidates who qualify for the exam must submit an application for admission to the IGNOU regional center's regional director. Students can submit the admission form to their regional IGNOU center by downloading it from the MBA/PGDM prospectus. The shortlisted candidates are called for counseling. The counseling procedure is organized based on the candidate's location and is fixed at a nearby study center. It typically occurs on the weekends. Apart from this, this university also introduces interactive sessions through its online presence, informs students of the study schedule that will be followed, and provides knowledge of the other academic curriculum of the topics.
Documents Required to Apply for Courses Offered through IGNOU OPENMAT
Here is the list of documents required to fill the admission form:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates
- Graduation degree mark sheet and certificates
- OPENMAT scorecard (if applicable)
- OPENMAT application form (along with confirmation copy)
- OPENMAT Admission Form (Form no. 2) with a recent photograph
- OPENMAT admit card (if exam is conducted)
- Work Experience certificate by employers (if required)
- Reserved category certificates if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- Identity card (duly filled up)
- Demand Draft of course fee Rs. 1,800 drawn in favour of 'IGNOU' and to be payable at the city where the regional centre is located
IGNOU OPENMAT Highlights
Provided below are the important highlights of the IGNOU OPENMAT examination.
OPEN MBA Admission Test or OPENMAT
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)/National Testing Agency
MBA and PGDM
Twice a year
No of Sections
Name of Sections
General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning
+1 mark for every correct answer
Candidates who have any query regarding the IGNOU OPENMAT examination can ask questions on the Collegedekho QnA zone. Those who want admission-related assistance can fill out our Common Application Form.