- Madras University Distance MBA Admission 2022
- Madras University Distance MBA Specializations 2022
- Madras University Distance MBA Important Dates 2022
- Madras University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria 2022
- How to Apply for Madras University Distance MBA Admissions 2022?
- Madras University Distance MBA Application Fee 2022
- Madras University Distance MBA Selection Process 2022
- Madras University Distance MBA Course Fee 2022
- Other Distance MBA Offering Colleges in India
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Madras University is a well-known and reputed university established in the year 1857 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The first to introduce autonomous colleges within the University system in 1978-79. Since then, out of 115 affiliated institutions, 23 have become autonomous. Later the university established the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE) in 1981. University of Madras Distance Education popularly known as UNOM IDE offers admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated, MBA, and MSc courses. The UNOM IDE provides candidates with an option to pursue higher education who are unable to pursue the same regular mode.
The centre was established to enable learners to achieve career, educational and personal goals. Currently, the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE) is offering 15 undergraduate, 61 degrees, 20 postgraduate, 8 PG Diploma, 11 Diploma, and 8 certificate programs.
Madras University Distance MBA Admission 2022
Candidates looking forward to Madras University Distance MBA admission for 2022 will be required to apply for the same in online mode. The admission of the candidates to various MBA specializations offered by the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE), University of Madras, Chennai is based on the entrance exam. Candidates can find all the details pertaining to Madras University Distance MBA Admission 2022 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, course fee, etc here.
Madras University Distance MBA Specializations 2022
Madras University, Chennai offers MBA (Master in Business Administration) in various specializations. Candidates who want to take admission may check all the six specializations offered by the university mentioned below.
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA Financial Management
- MBA Hospital Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA Marketing Management
- MBA Systems Management
Madras University Distance MBA Important Dates 2022
The official notification is not out yet. Check out Madras University Distance MBA tentative dates here:
Application Start Date
August 1, 2022
Last Date of Application Submission
August 31, 2022
Madras University Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria 2022
For admission to the distance MBA course at Madras University, the candidates must meet the eligibility. Check out the Madras University complete eligibility criteria for distance MBA here:
- Candidates must have a bachelor's/master's degree from Madras University or any other university recognized either by AIU or UGC.
- Candidates need to clear a professional degree in Technology/ Engineering/ Architecture/ Law/ Medicine.
- Those who have qualified for any professional qualification in Cost & Works Accountancy/ Accountancy/ Company Secretaryship.
Note: Besides clearing any one of the mentioned criteria, candidates must have cleared the entrance test conducted by the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE), University of Madras, Chennai.
How to Apply for Madras University Distance MBA Admissions 2022?
To apply for admission at Madras University in distance MBA mode candidates will first have to register themselves. The application is available both in online and offline mode.
Admission through single window admission center (At the Institute of Distance Education, Campus)
The University of Madras has a single-window admission center opened at the university campus, Chennai. Candidates may refer to the steps mentioned below to apply through a single-window admission center.
Candidates need to submit the application form to the admission counter.
While submitting the application form need to submit the required documents mentioned below:
Filled-in application form
Photostat copies of the Certificates
Filled-in Computer Coding Sheet
Certificates other than Tamil/ English an authenticated translation in English duly attested by a Gazetted Officer
Submitted photocopies will be verified and the original certificates will be returned to the candidates.
Candidates will have to register for the entrance test conducted by IDE after paying the application fee of INR 400/-.
Admission through Online Mode
Candidates must note that the applications are open to Indian nationals only. The complete procedure to fill out the application form is mentioned below.
- Candidates need to apply online by visiting the website:www.ideunom.ac.in.
- Candidates are advised to check the instructions and eligibility criteria decided by the university before proceeding to fill out the application form.
- Candidates will then have to fill in the required details mentioned on the application fee along with the application fee.
- Once done, candidates will then have to send the photocopies of the Provisional Intimation slip and passport size along with the original certificates through Speed Post / Registered Post or Courier addressed to the Director, Institue of Distance Education, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005 within 15 days from the date of online registration for verification purpose and return. Any delay may lead to application rejection.
- Candidates may also come personally for document verification at the university campus.
Admission through learner support centers (Within Tamil Nadu)
Learner Support Centers are established by the university to facilitate admission. The complete process to apply for admission via learner support centers is mentioned below:
- Candidates need to download the prospectus and application form from the official website of the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE), University of Madras, Chennai.
- Once downloaded, candidates will then have to submit it to the coordinator of any of the available learner support centers with the required certificates/ documents as mentioned by the university.
- An enrollment number will then be assigned to the candidates. Candidates may then submit the requisite fees online or through offline triplicate Challan of Indian bank and submit the same through the Co-ordinator, Learner Support Centers.
- Candidates need to register for the MBA entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE), University of Madras, Chennai.
- The Fee Challan shall be forwarded by the Learner Support Centers to the Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras, and on receipt of the same, Students' Identity Card and Study materials will be sent to the concerned Learner Support Centers.
Madras University Distance MBA Application Fee 2022
The registration fee for the distance MBA program at Madras University is mentioned below:
Fee for Entrance Test conducted by ICE, Chennai
Madras University Distance MBA Selection Process 2022
The selection of the candidate for the Madras University distance MBA course for the 2022 academic year is based on an entrance test conducted by the Institute of Correspondence Education (ICE), University of Madras, Chennai. The candidates must pass the entrance exam for the distance MBA course. Candidates who cleared the exam will be sorted out based on marks scored in the required degree. Once done, candidates will be called to the documents verification round. All the original documents will be returned to the candidates and photocopies will be kept at the campus after verification is done. All the candidates who got selected need to submit the fee for the first year with the help of the enrolment number provided to them. Any candidate who delays in submitting the academic fee may lose his seat.
Madras University Distance MBA Course Fee 2022
Candidates who got selected for admission need to freeze their seats after submitting the course fee. The fee structure for the distance MBA Program at Madras University is mentioned below:
Break Up of Fee
Type of fee
Fee Applicable for First Year Only
Examination of Other Board (+2) / Universities in India
HSC Examination of Other Board / Universities outside India
For Every Year
Study Materials Fee
Project Fee (if Applicable)
MBA Total Fee Detail
Name of Program
Madras University Graduate
Other University Graduate
Ist Year MBA
Ist Year MBA (Online Admission)
Note: The fee structure can be changed by the university without any prior notice.
Admission to all the courses available at Madras University will be provided to Indian nationals only. Applicants who are enrolling for admission need to state clearly the Specialization of MBA Programme for which they are applying for admissions. Candidates may visit the official website of ICE, Madras University, Chennai for further information.
Other Distance MBA Offering Colleges in India
Many other MBA colleges in India offer distance education. You can check the table provided below to know some well-known Distance MBA Offering Colleges in India
|Chandigarh University||INR 55,300|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 1,19,000|
|Jagannath University||INR 27,000|
|University Of Petroleum And Energy Studies||INR 72,500|
|Graphic Era University (GEU), Dehradun||INR 18,000|
Candidates can apply to any of the colleges provided above by filling out the Common Application Form.