- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Important Dates 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Application Process 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Application Fee 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Course Fee 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LLB Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Seat Availability and Intake 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Exam Pattern 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Syllabus 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Admit Card 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Result 2022
- Nirma University B.Com LL.B Selection Process 2022
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Nirma University is a private university established in 2003 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat under the supervision of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF). It is a NAAC accredited Grade ‘A’ University that received the Center of Excellence from the Government of Gujarat in January 2022. The university has also achieved the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework is a ranking methodology system approved by the Ministry of Education to rank higher education institutions of India) ranking in the rank band between 101-151 in 2021.
Nirma University offers multiple courses in the domains of technology, management, pharmacy, science, commerce, architecture, and law. In this article, we will discuss the university’s law program, more specifically, its undergraduate B.Com LL.B program which is a 5-year integrated law program offered by the Institute of Law, Nirma University. The Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) has incorporated the Outcome Based Education Model for the all-round development of its students; the approach to study is based on the experiential learning and construction of knowledge rather than acquiring knowledge and then proceeding towards the application part of it.
Why Should You Choose the Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU)?
A few of the important reasons to study B.com LL.B at the Institute of Law, Nirma University are mentioned below:
- More emphasis on goal-based learning allows students to better understand a problem and find innovative and quality solutions to real-life problems.
- The presence of expert faculties along with a state-of-the-art curriculum ensures that students are well aware of the recent developments in the field of law and further involves them in the research-based learning journey to allow the growth of critical thinking and expansion of conceptual knowledge.
- Multiple assignments and practical components like research writing, mock trial, project work, case study, moot court, etc. arms students with in-depth knowledge and allows them to gain a better insight into the working of the legal profession.
- Meticulous 4 weeks internship in every semester with Trial Court, High Court, NGOs, Supreme Court, law firms, etc. for the students to strengthen their job placement and apply the practices along with legal concepts in real professional front.
- Identification of slow and quick learners by the faculty for all the courses and then disseminating knowledge and concepts via various advanced delivery mechanisms to make each student effectively understand the concept without any confusion.
- Availability of customized courses based on the career choice of students and presence of foreign language courses of international repute.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Important Dates 2022
The important dates of Nirma University B.Com LL.B admissions have been given below:
|Application Process Commences||7th January 2022|
Application Process Ends
10th May 2022
Note: The application form deadline is 11:59 p.m. on 10th May 2022, after which no request to fill the online application form for this session will be entertained. So, to avoid any inconvenience and last-minute rush, candidates are requested to fill out and submit the application form well in advance.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Application Process 2022
There is only one mode of application process offered by Nirma University i.e online mode. For the candidates to apply online they will have to register themselves online first by creating a login account. Admissions will strictly not be offered to the candidates who haven’t registered themselves online, therefore, aspirants are required to carefully go through all the eligibility criteria and other requirements before applying. They can follow the steps given below to apply for Nirma University B.Com LL.B.
- Visit the link - https://bit.ly/3D6zsFv to go to the new candidate registration page OR if you have already registered, you can log in using your registered email ID and password.
- Once you have registered you’ll get an email containing your login ID and an auto-generated password on your registered email.
- Login using your registered email ID and password.
- Click on New Application.
- Read all the instructions carefully and follow them all for filling up the form.
- Submit the application form by paying the application and processing fee (non-refundable).
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Application Fee 2022
The application fee for B.Com LL.B at Nirma University is different for various categories as mentioned below in the given table:
Total Application Fee
INR 2,500 + 18% GST = INR 2,950
NRI/ NRI Sponsored
INR 3,500 + 18% GST = INR 4,130
- The NRI/ NRI sponsored category students will also be eligible for a merit list under the general category subject to fulfillment of basic eligibility criteria.
- Application fee payment will be accepted only through online mode via debit card/ credit card/ internet banking.
- The hard copy of the payment confirmation is not required to be submitted to the university.
- Please verify and cross-check all the information before you submit the filled application.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Course Fee 2022
The fee structure for a 5-year integrated B.Com LL.B course for General and NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category at Nirma University for the years 2022-23 are mentioned below:
For General Category
INR 2,73,800/ Yearly
Seminar, Orientation, Welcome kit
INR 1,200/ One Time
Refundable Securities (Refundable)
INR 7,000/ One Time
University Enrolment Fee (One Time)
INR 1,000/ One Time
Semester End Exam, Initial Registration & Semester Grade Report
INR 7,000/ Yearly
Students Activity fees
INR 22,000/ One Time
INR 1,000/ One Time
Internship and Placement Facilitation Charges
INR 5,000/ One Time
For NRI / NRI Sponsored Category
|Tuition Fee (inclusive of all except refundable deposits, University fees, student activity, and alumni fees)||$ 7500 per annum|
Nirma University B.Com LLB Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for B.Com LL.B criteria for the general category and NRI/ NRI sponsored category are mentioned below:
- The candidate should have passed the higher secondary/ intermediate examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized board with not less than 45% aggregate marks.
- The candidates who are appearing for their 10+2 examination in April/ May 2022 are also eligible for applying to the institute. However, they’ll have to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of taking admission to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates applying to the institute must have received their 10+2 examination results by the date of declaration of ILNU merit.
- There’s no upper age limit for applying to this undergraduate course as per the orders by the Supreme Court dated 3.3.2017. However, it is subject to the final order of the Supreme Court and Bar Council of India regulation.
- The eligibility for the age criteria will be the same as prescribed by the CLAT Authority in 2022.
- Admission is based on the All India merit rank of CLAT 2022.
- Candidates should fill CLAT 2022 application form before filling in ILNU Application Form.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Seat Availability and Intake 2022
The available number of seats for the 5-year integrated B.Com LL.B undergraduate program at Nirma University in 2022 for the general as well as the NRI/ NRI sponsored categories are mentioned below:
B.Com LLB (Hons.)
102 (85% Seats)
B.Com LLB (Hons.)
NRI/ NRI Sponsored
18 (up to 15% seats)
|Total 2022-23 Seat Intake||120|
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Exam Pattern 2022
Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) conducts no internal examination for admission to their 5 years integrated B.Com LL.B course. Candidates will be selected based on the All India merit rank of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022. CLAT exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs). The CLAT UG 2022 exam highlights are mentioned below:
Type of Questions
Comprehension based objective type questions
Number Of Questions
150 (for UG courses)
+1 mark for a correct answer & -0.25 for an incorrect answer
Once a Year
The CLAT exam comprises 5 sections namely: Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude. The tabulated data below shows the no. of questions and percentage weightage for each topic.
The topic-wise exam pattern for CLAT 2022 is mentioned below:
No. of Questions
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of the Nirma University B.Com LL.B course has been provided below"
Year - 1
|Sociology: An Introduction|
English I (Communication)
Political Science: An Introduction
|Law of Tort Including Consumer Protection Laws and M.V. Act|
Principles of Economics
|Skills Lab I|
Year - 2
|Cost and Management Accounting|
Legal Research and Legal Writing
Constitution Law I
|Criminal Litigation I (IPC, Cr. PC and Evidence Act)|
Contract Law II
|Internship II (Trial Court)|
Skill Lab II
Year - 3
|Corporate Law I|
Family Law I
Drafting Skills (Law of Pleadings in Civil Matters)
Law of Evidence
|Contract Law II|
Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
Year - 4
Law of Taxation
Real Estate Law
|Labour and Industrial Law I|
Merger and Acquisition
Drafting Skill III (Conveyancing)
Law of Education
Banking and Negotiable Instrument Act
Penology and Victimology
|Financial Market Regulations|
Law of Trademarks, Design, and Practice
|Copyright Law, Prospects, and Protection|
Law and Public Policy
|Theorizing India: Construction, Contestation, and Critique|
Corporate Professional Training
Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
Internship with NGO / Trial Court / High Court / Law Firm / Supreme Court
Year - 5
Law of Writs
Foreign Trade Law
Law on Infrastructure and Project Finance
|Fiscal Responsibility and Management|
|IP and Antitrust Law|
|International Criminal Law|
Legislative power under the Constitution of India
Financial System and Fraud
|Private International Law|
Comparative Criminal Procedure
|Theorizing India: Construction, Contestation, and Critique|
Intellectual Property and Artificial Intelligence
International Commercial Arbitration
|Real Estate Law|
Law and Public Policy
|Corporate Professional Training III|
|Agrarian Reforms and Law|
Litigation Advocacy III
|Internship with NGO / Trial Court / High Court / Law Firm / Supreme Court|
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Admit Card 2022
The admission to the B.Com LL.B course is done based on the All India merit rank of the CLAT 2022 examination. The CLAT 2022 exam will be conducted on 19th June 2022 and the tentative release date of the admit card is the fourth week of May 2022.
The steps to download the admit card are as below:
- Visit the official website of CLAT 2022 i.e consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- Click on the admit card link in the notification box
- Login with your registered ID and password to download the admit card (you’ll see a “Download Admit Card” option).
- On the next screen, you’ll see your CLAT 2022 admit card getting displayed.
- Download and take a printout of your admit card for the examination.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Result 2022
Nirma Univesity B.Com LL.B admission will be conducted based on the All India Rank in CLAT 2022 results. Once the CLAT 2022 results are out, Nirma University will release its merit list of all the candidates who had applied for admission.
Steps to download CLAT 2022 results are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CLAT 2022.
- In the notification section, click on the CLAT 2022 result link.
- Log in using your registered mobile and password.
- The CLAT scorecard will get displayed on the screen.
- Download and save the scorecard for future reference.
Nirma University B.Com LL.B Selection Process 2022
The Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) will select students based on their CLAT 2022 All India Rank. Candidates will only be selected if they achieve a valid score in CLAT 2022 examination. After the CLAT 2022 results are out, the university releases its merit list which will feature all the candidates who apply for admission. They will be shortlisted as per their CLAT ranks and preference will be given to those with a higher score.
The institute of law, Nirma University (ILNU) is a perfect launchpad for all the bright legal aspirants who want to pursue their careers in law. Some of the important reasons for candidates to pursue B.Com LL.B from ILNU are given below:
- BCI Approved course
- Outcome-based education model with clinical pedagogy
- Student Mentorship Services
- Legal Aid Clinic for clinical training and social outreach
- Scholarships worth INR 2.88 Crore
- International Standards of Education
- Moot Court Debates and competitions
- Expert Faculty
- Placement ready program along with industry exposure
- Personal and professional skills development through Lawyers Incubation Clinic and diverse Skill Labs
ILNU has also won several prestigious awards like IP Campus of the Year 2021 (Legal), Best Law Education Institute, etc. All these accolades and rankings along with a state-of-the-art curriculum make ILNU one of the best law institutes to study in India.
To know more about law admissions and exams. stay tuned to CollegeDekho!