- Part-time Language Courses at DU (Delhi University)
- DU North Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses
- DU South Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses
- DU Part-Time Language Courses Eligibility Criteria
- DU Certificate Language Course Eligibility Criteria
- DU Diploma Language Course Eligibility Criteria
- DU Advanced Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria
- DU Part-Time Language Courses Admission Process
- DU Language Course Syllabus
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Delhi University (DU), the country's premier university, is a popular stop for students seeking a career and colleges offering Science, Commerce and Arts courses. Year after year, lakhs of students from all over the country apply to Delhi University's more than 200 bachelor's and master's degree programmes. Aside from regular courses, Delhi University offers a variety of part-time language courses. As the world becomes a global village and various foreign firms enter Indian markets, a large number of job opportunities are being created to meet the demand from these investment firms.
Delhi University offers certificate and diploma programmes in languages such as Romanian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian. The Delhi University colleges that offer language courses are listed below, along with the DU language course eligibility criteria and the DU language course selection process.
Although there are top colleges on both the North and South campuses of Delhi University, not all of them offer language courses. CollegeDekho has compiled a list of colleges on both campuses of Delhi University that offer language courses. Details are provided below.
Part-time Language Courses at DU (Delhi University)List of DU colleges that offer part-time language courses:
- Bharti College
- Daulat Ram College
- Hans Raj College,
- Kalindi College
- Lakshmi Bai College
- Mata Sundari College
- Miranda House,
- Ramjas College
- Satyawati Co-ed. College
- Shyam Lal College GT Road
- SGTB Khalsa College
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College
- Shivaji College
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
- St. Stephen’s College
- Acharya Narendra Dev College
- College of Vocational Studies
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Gargi College
- Jesus & Mary College
- Kamla Nehru College
- Maitreyi College
- Sri Venkateswara College
DU North Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses
Check out the list of colleges offering language courses in Delhi University's North Campus, along with the course type offered at each.
|Language Courses Offered|
|1.||Diploma, Certificate and Advanced Diploma in French & German|
|2.||Diploma, Certificate and Advanced Diploma in German & French|
|3.||Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi|
Diploma, Certificate, Advanced Diploma in French, German, Spanish & Italian
Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Delhi
|Certificate in German & French|
|5.||Certificate in German, Spanish & French|
|6.||Certificate in Spanish, German & French|
|7.||Certificate and Diploma in French & German|
|8.||Certificate in German & French|
|9.||Certificate in Spanish & German|
|10.||Certificate in French, German, Italian & Spanish|
DU South Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses
Check the list of colleges offering language courses in North Campus of Delhi University here along with the course type which is offered at each college.
|Language Courses Offered|
|1.||Certificate in German|
College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Phase-II, New Delhi
|Diploma and Certificate in French & German|
|3.||Certificate in French|
|4.||Certificate, Advanced Diploma in Spanish, German & Spanish, Diploma in French|
|5.||Gargi College, Siri Fort Road, New Delhi|
Certificate in German
Diploma in German & Spanish, Certificate in French, German & Spanish
|7.||Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma in French & German|
Also Read: 8 Advantages of Studying in Delhi University
DU Part-Time Language Courses Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to pursue language courses at Delhi University (DU) will differ and vary from course to course. There is a slight difference in eligibility for the diploma, certificate and advanced diploma language courses that are on offer. Please check details of eligibility below:
DU Certificate Language Course Eligibility Criteria
- For the certificate courses in a foreign language, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 45 %.
- Admission to the diploma courses will be on the basis of merit.
DU Diploma Language Course Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to Diploma courses in foreign languages at DU, candidates must have passed the certification exam of Delhi University.
- The admission will be on the basis of merit.
- Candidates who have a language certificate from any institute other than the University of Delhi will be required to take up the admission test.
DU Advanced Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to the advanced diploma courses, candidates should have passed the diploma exam in the respective language.
- Candidates who have a diploma in the respective language other than Delhi University will have to appear in an admission test.
DU Part-Time Language Courses Admission Process
If you are planning to take admission in any of the part-time language courses available at Delhi University colleges, you must keep the following points in mind:
- All relevant information regarding the language course eligibility, syllabus, curriculum, duration, schedule of classes, admission process, etc. are available on the Delhi University’s official website
- Interested applicants can also find information on the respective college website or reach out to the administrative department of the college with respect to clarifications related to DU language course application form, documents required, application fees and others
- Candidates need to keep in mind that they can only pursue one part-time language course from the respective department in an academic year
DU Language Course Syllabus
The Delhi University part-time language course syllabus is pre-defined by the university. The colleges impart training and classes to enrolled students according to the same. The syllabus for language courses at DU is different for the diploma, advanced diploma, and certificate courses. However, more or less, the course structure consists of the following:
Language courses at DU affiliated colleges are an excellent career choice because they prepare you to work as a translation officer, customer service representative, or marketer for multinational corporations that have established themselves in India.
For all Delhi University Updates 2023, please stay tuned to CollegeDekho!