A premier university in the country, the University of Delhi (DU) is a popular stop for students looking to make a career and colleges in the field of science, commerce and arts courses. Delhi University offers more than 200 bachelor’s and master's degree courses for which lakhs of students from all across the country apply year after year. Apart from the regular courses, a variety of part-time language courses at Delhi University are also up for grabs. With the world turning into a global village and different foreign firms entering the Indian markets, there are a large number of job opportunities that are being created to tackle the demand from these investment firms. Delhi University offers certificate and diploma courses in languages such as Romanian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. Given below is the detailed information of the Delhi University colleges that offer language courses along with the DU language course eligibility criteria and DU language course selection process.
Although there are top colleges in North Campus of Delhi University as well as top colleges in South Campus of Delhi University, not all offer language courses. CollegeDekho has gathered a list of colleges in both the campuses of Delhi University which provide an option of pursuing language courses. You can check the details below.
DU North Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses in 2020
Check the list of colleges offering languages courses in North Campus of Delhi University here along with the course type which is offered at each college.
|Language Courses Offered|
|1.||Diploma, Certificate and Advanced Diploma in French & German|
|2.||Diploma, Certificate and Advanced Diploma in German & French|
|3.||Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi||
Diploma, Certificate, Advanced Diploma in French, German, Spanish & Italian
Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Delhi
|Certificate in German & French|
|5.||Certificate in German, Spanish & French|
|6.||Certificate in Spanish, German & French|
|7.||Certificate and Diploma in French & German|
|8.||Certificate in German & French|
|9.||Certificate in Spanish & German|
|10.||Certificate in French, German, Italian & Spanish|
DU South Campus Colleges Offering Part-Time Language Courses in 2020
Check the list of colleges offering language courses in North Campus of Delhi University here along with the course type which is offered at each college.
|Language Courses Offered|
|1.||Certificate in German|
College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Phase-II, New Delhi
|Diploma and Certificate in French & German|
|3.||Certificate in French|
|4.||Certificate, Advanced Diploma in Spanish, German & Spanish, Diploma in French|
|5.||Gargi College, Siri Fort Road, New Delhi||
Certificate in German
Diploma in German & Spanish, Certificate in French, German & Spanish
|7.||Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma in French & German|
Also Read: 8 Advantages of Studying in Delhi University
DU Part-Time Language Courses Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria to pursue language courses at Delhi University (DU) will differ and vary from course to course. There is a slight difference in eligibility for the diploma, certificate and advanced diploma language courses that are on offer. Please check details of eligibility below:
DU Certificate Language Course Eligibility Criteria:
- For the certificate courses in a foreign language, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 45 %.
- Admission to the diploma courses will be on the basis of merit.
DU Diploma Language Course Eligibility Criteria:
- For admission to Diploma courses in foreign languages at DU, candidates must have passed the certification exam of Delhi University.
- The admission will be on the basis of merit.
- Candidates who have a language certificate from any institute other than the University of Delhi will be required to take up the admission test.
DU Advanced Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria:
- For admission to the advanced diploma courses, candidates should have passed the diploma exam in the respective language.
- Candidates who have a diploma in the respective language other than Delhi University will have to appear in an admission test.
DU Part-Time Language Courses Admission Process 2020
If you are planning to take admission in any of the part-time language courses available at Delhi University colleges, you must keep the following points in mind:
- All relevant information regarding the language course eligibility, syllabus, curriculum, duration, schedule of classes, admission process, etc. are available on the Delhi University’s official website.
- Interested applicants can also find information on the respective college website or reach out to the administrative department of the college with respect to clarifications related to DU language course application form, documents required, application fees and others.
- Candidates need to keep in mind that they can only pursue one part-time language course from the respective department in an academic year.
DU Language Course Syllabus 2020
The Delhi University part-time language course syllabus is pre-defined by the university. The colleges impart training and classes to enrolled students according to the same. The syllabus for language courses at DU is different for the diploma, advanced diploma, and certificate courses. However, more or less, the course structure consists of the following:
- Comprehension of text
- Translation of sentences
- Essay on different topics - general as well as specific
- Functional and advanced grammar
- Expression of opinion
- Discussion on general and common interests
- Language for business and tourist trade
- Discussion on political, socio-economic and film topics
Language courses at DU affiliated colleges are a great career choice as they enable you to take up translation officer, customer support, marketing roles in the multinational companies that have gained momentum in India.
For all Delhi University Updates 2020, please stay tuned to CollegeDekho!