Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Vocational Courses specialize in providing practical knowledge as compared to theoretical knowledge. They deal in diverse fields with industry-oriented skills. Vocational courses are unique and different from normal courses. There are many vocational courses that are opted by students after class 10th. The students who are economically not very sound often opt for vocational courses as it helps in getting jobs after practical training in any field. These are basically non-academic courses that engage students in training activities to know the nuances of different types of industry. Students learn mainly through practical exposure and hands-on training. Vocational Courses after class 10th are normally short-term certificate or diploma courses. Vocational courses are job-oriented and hence attract students. There are several institutes and colleges that offer vocational courses to the interested aspirants after class 10th.
The demand for Vocational Courses is increasing in the current scenario. Vocational courses prepare students for doing technical courses that are normally job-oriented. It is also called career and technical-oriented courses. The popularity of vocational courses is increasing after class X as many institutes are offering vocational courses under numerous streams. Many multinational companies also visit campuses these days to recruit youngsters who have done vocational courses. Vocational courses must be promoted by different levels of government both at the state and center level as it will enhance the employment opportunities for the youngsters. Vocational courses are also referred to as Career and Technical Education (CTE) or Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Vocational Course Types
There are basically three types of vocational courses after class 10th that students can opt for depending upon their choice and feasibility.
Type of Vocational Course
3 Months- 6 Months
Vocational Courses after Class 10th
The popular vocational courses that can be opted by the desiring students after class 10 are as follows:
Hospitality Management Courses
Engineering and Technology
Miscellaneous Diploma courses
Agriculture and Vocational Courses
Top Colleges for Vocational Course after Class10th
There are many colleges and institutes for vocational courses across the country. However, there are certain colleges and universities that are top-listed colleges. The aspirants who wish to be a part of such colleges might have to give entrance and the fee is also very nominal. The fee may vary from institute to institute. The list of top colleges for the vocational course after class 10th are as follows:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), School of Agriculture, New Delhi
- Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, New Delhi
- Amrutvahini Polytechnic, Sangamner
- Industrial Training Institute, New Delhi
- Aarupadai Veeru Medical College, Pondicherry
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- Aryabhatt Institute of Technology – ABIT
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya, Nadia
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology (MPUAT), Udaipur
- VLCC Institute of Beauty and Nutrition
- Atharva School of Business, Mumbai
- ADMEC Multimedia Institute
- Digital Academy India
- Gujarat Technical University
Fee Structure Vocational Courses after Class 10th
The students must keep an account of the fee structure for different types of vocational courses after class 10th offered by multiple institutes/colleges. The fee structure ranges from 10000 to 1,50,000 rupees depending upon the courses selected by the candidates. The course fees of some of the prominent courses are mention in the table given below.
Name of the Courses
Course Fee (Per annum)
Diploma in Engineering
ITI Vocational Courses
Diploma in Medical Courses
Diploma in Information Technology
Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
Certificate in Sericulture
Certificate in Poultry Farming
Certificate in Bee Keeping
Diploma in Agriculture Science
Beautician and Hairdressing Courses
Social Media Marketing
Diploma in Food Technology
Admission Process for Vocational Courses after Class10th
The admission process in the vocational courses varies from institute to institute. However, the aspirants can check the normal procedure of admission as mentioned below.
- The admission for the vocational courses is done on a merit basis. In certain courses, the respective institute also conducts entrance examination
- Some private colleges also offer direct admission to various vocational courses depending upon the number of seats available.
- The student can apply online/offline for the desired courses and can take admission on the basis of the merit list released.
- The student will pay the fee as applicable for the courses selected to confirm their admission.
Vocational Course Eligibility Criteria after Class 10th
The aspirants can check the eligibility criteria before applying for the vocational course. The eligibility criteria for vocational courses are not very rigid.
- All candidates who have completed class 10th from a recognised board can take admission to vocational courses
- The age group of the students should be from 14-25 years to pursue vocational courses
- In certain courses, the students can join vocational courses even after class 8th.
For more information, related to the vocational course, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!