Common Management Admission Test (CMAT - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a Proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept Clarity rather than Rote Learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII Concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Create Login ID & Complete the Onli...|
|Step 2||Uploading Scanned Copy of Documents|
|Step 3||Payment of Fees|
CMAT 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
CMAT 2016 News and Updates
Noida-based Jaypee Business School (JBS) invites applications for its MBA programme, which is a two-year full-time course for the next academic session of 2017. JBS is a constituent of Jaypee eInstitute of Information Technology (JIIT) and the institute has got the Deemed to be University ...Read more
CMAT is the test for admission in MBA Programmes in AICTE approved institutions and University Departments of the states, and one of the five tests for PGDM programs. Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) Cell has been constituted to coordinate all activities related to conducting of first national level test for admission into all management programs in AICTE approved institutions.
CMAT 2016 Conducting Body
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set-up in November 1945 as a national level Apex Advisory Body to conduct survey on the facilities on technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner. And to ensure the same, as stipulated in, the National Policy of Education (1986), AICTE be vested with statutory authority for planning, formulation and maintenance of norms and standards, quality assurance through accreditation, funding in priority areas, monitoring and evaluation, maintaining parity of certification and awards and ensuring coordinated and integrated development and management of technical education in the country.
CMAT Contact Details
|Address||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) 7th Floor, Chanderlok Building, Janpath New Delhi -110001|
|Phone no||022 – 40679404|
1) When and how do I register for CMAT ?
Online registration for CMAT January will begin on 10th October 2016 and close on 10th December 2016. Detailed instructions for the online application and registration process are available on official website.
2) Who is eligible to take the test?
Candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) Programmes or who have appeared in the final year examination from a recognized institution/university can also appear in the test.
3) Can I appear for CMAT for practice purpose, though I am aware that I am not eligible?
No. Only eligible candidates can appear for the test.
4) What is the fee for the test?
The fee for General / OBC candidates appearing for CMAT is Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable; whereas for Female /SC/ST/PWD category candidates fee is Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable
5) Where can I pay my fees?
Candidates are appearing for test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking).
6) When will CMAT be held and can I choose a test city?
CMAT in India will be held on 28th January 2017,29th January 2017 is a reserved day. Yes, you can select up-to 3 cities in India giving order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of city will be given due consideration and weightage. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
7) Does the name need to match with the names appearing on the identification documents?
Your name needs to be exactly identical to the name on your Xth Mark sheet or equivalent for candidates appearing for CMAT. Note: - If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, you must show the relevant document such as Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Document and submit a photocopy at the time of the examination of CMAT and interview and at the time of joining a programme at institutes.
8) What are the timings to contact the helpline?
The FAQs, IVRS and online instructions are designed to enable self-service. You are requested to use these tools which can guide you through the entire process and help answer most of your queries. In case you are still facing issues, then CMAT Customer Care Support is available by phone and email from 8.00 am - 10.00 pm everyday
Helpline number: 022-66258304
Fax number : 022-25814283
E-mail id: email@example.com
Phone support availability: 5th October 2016 – 6th March 2017, 8.00 am - 10.00 pm everyday Daily Webmail support will be available from October March . Queries, received by webmail, will be responded within 2 business days. Do not send the same email multiple times, as it will delay the response process
9) Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash? Where do I pay my fees?
No. Fees cannot be paid through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque. It can be paid through online or Cash at any of the SBI branch. For making cash payment, you need to generate Challan through the portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of challan generation to pay the cash.
10) Is CMAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?
No. From academic year 2016-17 onwards, the CMAT exam will be conducted only once a year, The CMAT-2017 will be conducted on 28th January 2017. 29th January 2017 is a reserved day.
11) Can I make any changes to my postal address after I have submitted my application form?
No, Once you submitted your application form, there is no way to change your information.
12) How do I get my Admit Card, whom should I contact?
You need to login on the website www.aicte-cmat.in using your username & password and select “Admit Card” to print your Admit Card directly from the website. In case you are unable to take the printout you may seek help of Call Centre / Helpdesk at the following contact : 022-66258304.
13) After submission of CMAT registration fee, can I cancel my application and apply for refund of fee?
Under no circumstances, cancellation of application and refund of fee will be allowed.
14) Can I use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s email address when registering for CMAT?
No, you need to have a valid and unique email address of yourself which you will be using at least for the next eight months.
15) From where can I get the list of test cities?
A list of test cities is available on official website
16) What are the Eligibility criteria for admission to these programmes? Eligibility criteria for admission to these programmes varies from B-school to B-school.
However the eligibility criteria for different Post Graduate Management Programme in AICTE affiliated institutions, Is as follows:
- Candidate applying for the course must possess graduation of at least three years of duration .
17) For which programmes I am eligible after giving CMAT exam?
You will be eligible for PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM and Executive PGDM programmes.
18) Within how many days can I expect the results?
CMAT results are expected to be declared on 10th February 2017 on official website
19) When will I get my Admit Card?
You can PRINT your ADMIT CARD by going to official website from 13th January, 2017.
20) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, CMAT Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
21) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
22) Can I give CMAT exam via paper pencil mode later in case I missed the Online examination?
CMAT is a computer based online exam scheduled on 28th January 2017. 29th January 2017 is a reserved day. It cannot be taken in paper-pencil mode.
23) How many sections are there in the CMAT test?
There will be four sections in the test. The sections are
(a) Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
b) Logical Reasoning
c) Language Comprehension and
d) General Awareness
24) How many questions are there in each of these sections?
There will be 25 questions in each section.
25) Can I move back and forth between the four section?
Yes. You move back and forth between the four section.
26) How long is the CMAT exam score valid?
The CMAT exam score will be valid for the admissions to academic year 2017-18 only.
27) Will there be a sectional cut off in the examination?
No. there is no sectional cut off in the CMAT examination.
28) Does CMAT have a syllabus for exam preparation?
No, the CMAT exam does not have a defined syllabus for CMAT preparation. However, you can take our mock test to understand the pattern of exam and types of questions. Check the CMAT website regularly for the announcement of mock test.
29) Is there any age restriction for appearing in CMAT?
No, there is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT.
30) What does a Computer Based Test look like?
CMAT trial test is available on official website for candidates to get familiarized with the functionality and navigation of the actual Computer Based test.
31) Will I get to see my scores on the test day?
No. You will not get to see scores on the test day
32) Will the CMAT result show marks or percentile?
CMAT results will show both .
33) Will the Admit Card be sent to me as a hard copy by mail?
No. Apart from the ADMIT CARD made available ONLINE on the website, the admit card will be sent to the email address provided by you. It is therefore, mandatory for you to have a valid email account throughout the selection process. Note: Admit Card is a mandatory requirement in order to take the test. You must bring a print out of your Admit Card to the test centre.
34) What is the duration of the test?
The duration of test will be 180 minutes.
35) Will there be negative marking in CMAT exam?
Yes. There will be negative marking in CMAT exam.
36) What is the scoring pattern and rule for negative marking?
For each correct answer there are 4 marks, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted.
37) Can I take the test from any computer?
No. A candidate will have to take the test on a pre-assigned computer at the test venue.
38) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
39) Do I have any breaks during the test?
No, you will not be given any breaks during the test.
40) Will I be provided with any scratch paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
At the test centre, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room. On completion of the test, candidates will have to hand back all the scratch paper to the Administrator.
41) If I complete my exam before three hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled three hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
42) How is the computer-based online examination different from the conventional paper-based examinations?
The computer-based online examination is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil/pen to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.
43) Which universities / institutes will consider CMAT scores for admission?
All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges of Universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at CMAT website; www.aicte-cmat.in.
44) Will CMAT score be considered for admissions to Part Time MBA courses?
CMAT score will be considered for admissions to all AICTE approved part-time programs.
45) I have learnt that the test will not disqualify anybody, but will just give a rank to all test takers. The colleges, based on their individual merit list can decide if candidate of a certain rank is eligible for admission. Is the CMAT score only to rank candidates?
CMAT has been designed to assess all the candidates who appear in the test based on their aptitude towards the management education in the order of their merit. The objective of the test is not to eliminate the candidates from the process of seeking admission in the AICTE approved management programmes, rather to facilitate the institutions to select the suitable candidates as per their merit.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place