Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
AILET 2022 is set to be held on June 26, 2022. Candidates aspiring to appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2022) need to understand the key points from the previous year's AILET question papers. This will not only help them prepare for the AILET exam but it will also fetch them a higher score through effort and intelligent planning.
The National Law University, Delhi (NLU D) holds AILET 2022 every year to offer admission to BA LL.B (Hons), LL.M, and PhD programs. The exam will be executed offline, in a pen and paper format. The law entrance exam consists of 150 questions that students must answer in 90 minutes. Join us in this guide and learn how to boost the chances of getting a higher score in the AILET 2022 by comparing and analyzing the AILET previous year's question papers and exam trends.
We have provided you with the essential features and takeaways from the AILET previous year's question papers in this article. We have attempted to cover all of the important and relevant information here that will assist you in achieving a good score in AILET 2022.
Also Read: What is a Good Score in AILET 2022?
AILET 2022: A Brief Overview
The highlights of the AILET 2022 exam have been provided below.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi)
June 26, 2022
BA LLB (Hons) & LLM
Number of Questions
150 for BA LL.B, 100 MCQs for LL.M and 10 descriptives (Answer any 2 from the descriptive section)
Type of Questions
MCQ for BA LL.B and MCQ and Descriptive for LL.M
Yes (0.25 for each wrong answer)
Highlights from Previous Year AILET Question Papers
NLU Delhi releases previous years' AILET question papers to help students prepare for the exam. The last years' question papers of AILET will give the aspirants a better idea of the BA LLB or LLM question paper of AILET 2022.
After reviewing the previous year's AILET question papers and trends, we have compiled the following points. All candidates who plan to take the law entrance exam this year must go over all of these points to understand them better.
- One of the primary features of AILET question papers is that time management is a critical factor in answering the questions and securing a respectable score. Applicants must ensure that they manage their time efficiently while taking the exam to attempt all questions.
- The applicant's final score is heavily influenced by accuracy. Since incorrect answers are penalized in AILET, candidates must be thorough in their responses. They must avoid too much guesswork and should only select answer options when confident.
- AILET has no sectional time limit. Candidates can thus use this to their advantage and solve the paper. For example, a student who is good at an individual section can finish it faster and use the extra time for other areas.
- Knowing the AILET exam pattern pre-hand will help students predict the question paper.
- A good number of AILET questions are based on passages, therefore, candidates must improve their reading speed. They can save time by quickly reading the passage without skipping any details.
- Questions in the GK section of AILET 2022 will include recent events. Candidates should not skip over the most recent events when preparing for this section. Candidates must also read about government policies and initiatives and understand them while preparing for the GK section.
- Applicants must be familiar with pictorial questions and graphs. Many questions in the paper can include graphs, charts, and other visual data representations.
AILET Previous Year Question Paper Trends
Below we have curated the AILET previous year's paper trends for BA LL.B (Hons.). Review the table mentioned below to get an idea of the total number of questions asked in each category of the AILET.
No. of Questions
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
For LL.M, the question paper will have 100 MCQs and ten descriptive questions. Out of the descriptive questions, candidates will be required to attempt any two questions. The major topics asked in AILET LLM exam include:
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Tax Law
- Environmental Law
- Labor Law
- Family Law
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Industrial Law
- Law of Contracts
- Criminal Law
- International Law
- Law of Torts
Section Wise Preparation for AILET 2022
The AILET 2022 exam will consist of 150 questions divided into five sections and it will last 90 minutes. Each correct answer receives +1, while incorrect answers receive -0.25. It is advised that the students go through the AILET previous year’s question paper highlights and trends here to comprehend the AILET exam difficulty standard. The links mentioned here will help the aspirant prepare for all the sections of AILET 2022.
Important Highlights of AILET 2021
Here we have tabulated the difficulty level for each section of the AILET 2021. Candidates appearing for AILET 2022 will get an idea of the expected exam level and thus prepare accordingly.
AILET 2021 Difficulty Level
AILET 2021 Section-Wise Analysis
Find the section-wise paper analysis of AILET 2021 here.
- This section was unexpectedly simple. In comparison to other areas, students described it as more straightforward.
- The reading comprehension questions in the English section were mostly direct.
- Most of the students could conveniently answer 29-30 of the 35 questions.
- In the 2021 AILET, there were eight questions from static Legal GK, one from Legal Current Affairs, and 26 from Principle Facts.
- The queries based on principles and facts were extensive.
- Those who have practiced such queries, on the other hand, had no trouble answering them correctly.
- The legal knowledge questions were primarily based on recent legal events.
- This section was quite simple, and any student could have attempted most of the questions with ease.
- The static GK questions in AILET were slightly more complex than the current affairs questions.
- This section had 26 verbal and critical reasoning questions and nine analytical reasoning questions.
- No questions on deductive logic or conditionals were asked.
- Analytical reasoning questions required more time than critical reasoning questions.
- The difficulty level was moderate for this section.
- Anyone with a basic understanding of Mathematics was able to answer at least 7 out of 10 questions on the exam.
Important Highlights of AILET 2020
Check out the section-wise paper analysis of AILET 2020 below.
- The majority of the questions were based on vocabulary.
- Some questions focused on parts of speech, while others focused on grammar.
- The Reading Comprehension test was not that direct.
- This section included questions on reasoning and general knowledge.
- Principle-Fact-based queries were extensive, but students who had practiced them could quickly answer them accurately.
- The question ratio was 50:50 between Legal Knowledge and Legal Reasoning.
- This section had questions based on current events related to legal issues such as Right to Privacy, Triple Talaq, Petition to Reopen the Case of Mahatma Gandhi's Assassination, Ganga and Yamuna's "living entity" status, and so on.
- Almost a third of this section was devoted to current events.
- Questions in the Logical Reasoning section included LR problems and a few CR problems.
- Circular Arrangement, Puzzle, Clocks and Calendars, Blood Relations, Short Passages (Critical Reasoning), Coding-Decoding, and other topics were covered in this section.
- This section's difficulty level was moderate.
- This section included questions from Permutations and Combinations, Mixtures and Allegations, Arithmetic Mean, Profit Loss and Discounts, Interest, Pricing, and so on.
Preparation Guide for AILET 2022
Here we have listed some crucial instructions for AILET 2022 preparation.
Making a schedule always saves time. It aids in resolving the dilemma of what to study first. Aspirants must make sure they have equally devoted time to each subject while preparing the timetable.
Practice is the key to scoring well. The more aspirants practice, the better they will become at the subject, saving them time during the exam. Also, students must refer to the recommended books and study materials while preparing for the test.
Studying Previous Years' Papers
This will give the prospects an idea of the exam's question format. Solving these papers with timers will help them see how much time they need to dedicate to an individual section, allowing time management.
AILET 2022 aspirants must go through the following articles to boost their chances of scoring higher in the exam.
Cracking the AILET 2022 is not that difficult if the candidates follow a disciplined preparation and study the previous year’s question papers and exam trends. We hope the above strategies and analysis will help the aspirants ace the exam.