- Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Admissions 2022
- Calcutta University LL.M Admission 2022
- Calcutta University MCA Admission 2022
- Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Specialisations 2022
- Calcutta University LL.M and MCA 2022 Important Dates
- Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Eligibility Criteria 2022
- How to Apply for Calcutta University LLM and MCA Admission …
- Documents Required for Calcutta University LLM and MCA Admission Process …
- Calcutta University LLM and MCA Application Fees 2022
- Calcutta University LLM and MCA Selection Process 2022
- Calcutta University LLM and MCA Entrance Exam Pattern 2022
- Calcutta University LLM and MCA Course Fees 2022
- Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Syllabus 2022
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Calcutta also known as Calcutta University (CU) is a state public university established in 1857 and located in Kolkata. In NIRF 2021 University Category, Calcutta University has secured 4th rank. The university also came 33rd in the research category according to NIRF 2021. CU was founded as the first western-style multidisciplinary secular educational institution in India. NAAC and UGC recognised the university as the ‘Centre with Potential for Excellence’ and a ‘Five Star University.’
Calcutta University offers a variety of courses in the fields of Science, Art, Humanities, Medicine and Allied Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering and Architecture, Computer Application and IT, and Pharmacy. The courses offered by the university are BA LL.B, LL.B, BA (English, History, Political Science, Sociology, Geography and many more), B.Lib.Sc, BA Library and Information Studies Hons, B.Com, M.Com, M.Sc, MA, MPhil, PhD, etc. The University of Calcutta has almost 60 departments divided into 6 categories; commerce, arts, law and science, social welfare and business management, journalism, engineering and technology, fine arts, music and home science.
The University of Calcutta has collaborated with quite a lot of foreign universities such as the University of Tokyo, University of Turin, Italy, Japan, Korea, Chungbuk University, Palm Oil Research Institute, Malaysia, China, Philippines, Chinese University of Hongkong, ISAS National University of Singapore. Students will get all the facilities in the university that will help them in their studies.
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Admissions 2022
The LLM and MCA courses admissions 2022 at Calcutta University are subject to the performance in the common entrance tests and University entrance tests. Not all Calcutta University-affiliated colleges offer LL.M and MCA courses. The total number of seats offered by Calcutta University and its affiliated colleges for LL.M and MCA admissions in 2022 are given below:
Calcutta University Hazra Campus
Jogesh Chandra Chaudhary Law College
Surendranath Law College
A.K. Choudhury School of Information Technology
Calcutta University LL.M Admission 2022
Calcutta University offers a 2-year full-time LL.M programme specializing in Business Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law, Torts and Crime and International Law. The LL.M course at CU is recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The admission to the LL.M course is based on the marks scored in BA LL.B (Hons)/ BA LL.B/ LL.B (Hons)/ LL.B exams. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in the University Entrance Test followed by a counselling session.
LLM admissions 2022 at Calcutta University will be done taking two things into consideration:
- Performance in any of the honours or general LL.B courses, BA+LL.B, B.Ed+LL.B and B.Com+LL.B
- Performance in the University Entrance Exam of LL.M
Calcutta University MCA Admission 2022
Admission to the Calcutta University MCA (Master of Computer Application) course will be based on the marks obtained in the WB JECA 2022 examination. After the counselling round of WB JECA if some seats are left vacant, then CU conducts its own examination. The MCA program at Calcutta University is a full-time course for a duration of 3 years. MCA Admissions 2022 at Calcutta University will be taken after considering the factors given below:
- Performance in the West Bengal Joint Entrance for Computer Application (WBJECA) test
- Performance in B.Sc (For Non-WBJECA candidates)
- Performance in the University Entrance Exam (For Non-WBJECA candidates)
The following scoring pattern is followed for selecting the candidates:
B.Sc (Hons.) Marks
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Specialisations 2022
The MCA course at Calcutta University does not have any such specialisations whereas the LL.M course at CU has quite a few specialisations. The specialisations for the LL.M course are as follows:
- Human Rights
- Civil Laws
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Constitutional Law
- Company Law
- International Law
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA 2022 Important Dates
Aspirants of LLM and MCA admissions in Calcutta University 2022 should be aware of the important dates. Below given are the dates for LL.M and MCA courses:
Calcutta University LL.M Important Dates 2022
Availability of Application Form
Last Date of Application
Release of CU Entrance Admit Card
To be Notified
Date for Entrance Exam
To be Notified
To be Notified
Overall Merit List and Category-wise Seat Capacity
Calcutta University MCA Important Dates 2022
Beginning of WBJECA 2022 Application Form
January 25, 2022
Last Date to Submit WBJECA 2022 Form
February 1, 2022
Correction of WBJECA 2022 Form
February 3 - February 4, 2022
Release of WBJECA 2022 Admit Card
May 12, 2022
WBJECA 2022 Exam Date
May 15, 2022
Release of Provisional Answer Key
May 20, 2022
Challenge the Provisional Answer Key
May 20 - May 23, 2022
WBJECA 2022 Result
To be Announced
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Eligibility Criteria 2022
Eligibility criteria for LL.M and MCA admissions in Calcutta university 2022 are defined differently according to the courses. 50% of seats for LL.M at Calcutta University 2022 admissions are for students who have completed their LL.B from Calcutta University. There are certain eligibility criteria set for LL.M and MCA courses in Calcutta University admissions 2022 which are as follows.
Calcutta University LL.M Eligibility Criteria 2022
LL.M eligibility criteria in Calcutta University 2022 admissions are set by the Faculty of Law, Calcutta University. The department mentioned is responsible for the changes made in the LL.M eligibility criteria 2022.
- The candidate who wants to join the LL.M course at CU must have passed a bachelor’s degree in general or Honours course of BA+LLB or B.Com+LLB or LLB or B.Ed+LLB with at least 60% aggregate marks from any recognised university in India.
- Candidate’s performance in Calcutta University’s LL.M Entrance Test.
- Students of Bachelor of Law courses at Calcutta University are exempted from taking the entrance test.
Calcutta University MCA Eligibility Criteria 2022
Aspirants seeking admission to Calcutta University MCA 2022 Course have to appear for WBJECA (West Bengal Joint Entrance for Computer application). Calcutta University MCA Admission 2022 will be primarily based on the WBJECA test. The remaining seats in MCA will be filled by direct admission through the MCA entrance test at Calcutta University.
The Non-WBJECA category entrance test has the following eligibility criteria for MCA 2022 admissions at Calcutta University.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must pass B.Sc from any recognised university with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates must have B.Sc (Hons) degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 structure under a recognized university.
- Candidates must pass Secondary or equivalent with at least 60% in Mathematics.
- Candidates must pass Higher Secondary or equivalent with at least 60% in Mathematics.
- There is no age limit for admission to the MCA course.
How to Apply for Calcutta University LLM and MCA Admission 2022?
The candidates who want to apply for LL.M and MCA 2022 admission at Calcutta University should thoroughly go through the application procedure for a better understanding. The detailed application procedure is mentioned below for LL.M and MCA courses.
Calcutta University LLM Application Process 2022
- Candidates have to download the admission form from the official website of Calcutta University.
- Candidates must submit LL.M Application fees at Calcutta University Hazra Campus by Cash Challan distributed from the Department of Law, CU Hazra Campus.
- Filled-up application forms should be submitted on the same date at 51/1, Faculty of Law, Calcutta University Hazra Campus, Hazra Road, Kolkata - 700019.
Calcutta University MCA Application Process 2022
- Candidates must visit www.caluniv-ucsta.net to fill up the online application form.
- The applicant must fill up and submit the MCA application form with the due application charges at, Office of the Secretary, UCSTA, Calcutta University, 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata – 700009.
- Take a printout of the filled application form and the challan.
- Cash Challan has to be submitted with fees on the same date of application submission at the same office.
Documents Required for Calcutta University LLM and MCA Admission Process 2022
Candidates must be ready with the set of documents required for the admission process of Calcutta University LL.M and MCA courses:
Documents Required for LLM Admission Process
- Passport-sized photograph
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Marksheet of Class 12 (10+2 or equivalent)
- Marksheet of LL.B or LL.B joint bachelor course completion
- For offline process, submit all the documents mentioned above.
Documents Required for MCA Admission Process
For admissions to the Masters of Computer Application (MCA) at Calcutta University, the following documents should be uploaded while applying for MCA admissions after having the score of WBJECA.
- A recent passport-sized colour photo in .jpg or .jpeg format in less than 20kb
- A scanned signature of the candidate in .jpg or .jpeg format
- Scanned copy of 10th or equivalent mark sheet
- Scanned copy of 10+2 or equivalent mark sheet
- Scanned copy of candidate’s B.Sc results
For MCA at Calcutta University 2022 (only for non-WBJECA candidates), candidates are required to provide the same documents in the offline method. All documents submitted during the application process will go through scrutiny at the time of counselling. All original documents are mandatory to be present in counselling by the candidate.
Calcutta University LLM and MCA Application Fees 2022
The application fees for LL.M and MCA courses at Calcutta University 2022 admission is already set. The reserved category candidates get 50% relaxation in LL.M and MCA application fees.
Calcutta University Application Fees 2022 for LL.M and MCA are as follows:
Fees (for General Candidates)
Fees (for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Disabled Candidates)
Calcutta University LLM and MCA Selection Process 2022
The selection procedure for LL.M and MCA courses at Calcutta University is completely based on merit. After the merit list is published, the university will provide a notice on its official website about the counselling location and the date. The merit list for LL.M 2022 will be tentatively out in September 2022 while the date for the MCA merit list will be notified soon after WBJECA 2022 examination result is out.
Calcutta University LLM and MCA Entrance Exam Pattern 2022
The university sets the entrance examination questions for LL.M and MCA courses at Calcutta University, 2022. Any change in the Calcutta University LL.M and MCA question pattern is directly associated with the concerned department. LL.M and MCA question patterns for Calcutta University Entrance 2022 is are as follows:
Calcutta University LLM Exam Pattern 2022
- Total Exam will be of 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
- Total Marks will be 100
- There will be MCQ and Subjective type questions
- 60 marks allotted for MCQ questions
- 40 marks will be allotted for Subjective questions
- The exam will be held in offline mode
Calcutta University MCA Exam Pattern 2022 (Non-WBJECA)
- The total time duration of the examination will be of 1 hour
- It will be a total of 50 marks
- All MCQ Type questions
- English- 10
- Mathematics- 20
- Logical Aptitude- 10
- Computer Preliminaries- 10
Calcutta University LLM and MCA Course Fees 2022
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA course fees 2022 will be notified to the candidates only after the admission for LL.M and MCA is over. The course fees for LL.M and MCA are set by the respective departments. The approximate course fees for LL.M and MCA courses are given below based on the previous year’s information.
Approximate Total Fees
INR 3854 (per year)
INR 37041 (per year)
Calcutta University LL.M and MCA Syllabus 2022
The LL.M course at Calcutta University is for a duration of 2 years and is divided into 4 semesters. Whereas, the MCA course at the University of Calcutta is a 3-year course with 6 semesters and one full year of project work in advanced computer applications. The detailed syllabus for both courses is given below.
Calcutta University LL.M Syllabus 2022
Constitutional Law- I Legal Theory- I Research Methodology
Constitutional Law- II Legal Theory- II and Social Change Specialization: Labour Law (Selective)
Law relating to Industrial Relation Law relating to Labour Welfare
Law relating to Industrial Injuries and Social Security Law relating to Service Regulation Specialization: Criminal Law (Selective)
Calcutta University MCA Syllabus 2022
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Multimedia and Graphics
Many popular personalities and Nobel Laureates such as Rabindranath Tagore, Ronald Ross, Amartya Sen, and C. V. Raman were associated with the prestigious university. The university ranked second in India Today University Ranking consecutively from 2012 to 2014. There are around 170 colleges affiliated with CU spread in Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly and 24 Parganas districts.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to know more about courses offered by the University of Calcutta.