Calicut University or the University of Calicut is one of the famous colleges of Kerela. The University has been accredited as Grade A by the NAAC. Calicut University caters to all the students with its range of Postgraduate Courses, Undergraduate Courses. It also offers a few distance courses too. This article is regarding Calicut University Ph.D. admissions 2019. Candidates can find all the important information regarding Ph.D. admissions at Calicut University here. The important dates, eligibility criteria and selection process is explained below.
About Calicut University PhD Admissions 2019
Calicut University Ph.D. admissions 2019 are yet to begin. For students who wish to pursue a Ph.D. at Calicut University, the admission process for the same would begin by the end of November 2019. To know more about the Ph.D. admissions 2019 at Calicut University, candidates can keep an eye on the official website of the university. Candidates can also go through this article to find out details such as eligibility, important dates, admission process, and application process.
Calicut University Ph.D. Admissions 2019 Important Dates
Calicut University will begin the registration process for Ph.D. admissions in November. Check out Calicut University Ph.D. admissions 2019 important dates here below:
27th Nov - 26th Dec 2019
Date of Registration
4th Jan 2020
Announcement of Results
15th Jan 2020
Calicut University Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria required for a candidate to appear for Calicut University Ph.D. admissions is mentioned in detail below. Carefully go through the detailed Calicut University Ph.D. eligibility 2019 carefully before applying for Ph.D. admissions:
- Candidates must have a Masters degree or a professional degree from a recognized University which is equivalent to the Master's degree of Calicut University.
- Candidate must have 55% marks in aggregate
- A candidate might have any foreign degree equivalent to Calicut University’s Master's degree.
- Schedule Castes and Scheduled Tribes would be given a relaxation of 10% from a secured 45% or 55%.
- OBC candidates can opt for a 5% relaxation in 50% to 55% marks obtained in graduation.
- The same relaxation applies for the physically disabled.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil with minimum 55% marks are eligible for the PhD programme.
- SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation of 10% in 50% - 55% marks. A similar relaxation would be given to the OBC and the physically handicapped.
- A candidate who has qualified the written of M.Phil but is left with the viva can also apply for PhD in this institute.
- Candidate holding a degree of any foreign institute can also apply if the international degree is equivalent to the Indian M.Phil degree.
- Others eligible for the course are people working in institutes, national laboratories, universities, government organisations, teachers of universities and those who are self-employed.
Calicut University Ph.D. Specialisations 2019
Calicut University offers Ph.D. specialization in various disciplines. Listed below are the various departments at Calicut University which offer Ph.D. specializations:
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Language and Literature
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Fine Arts
How to Apply for Calicut University Ph.D. Admissions 2019?
Listed below is the step-by-step process to apply for Ph.D. admissions 2019 at Calicut University. Candidates have to apply in the online mode by following the steps given below:
- Go on the official website of Calicut University
- Pay the application and entrance examination fee to Calicut University Fund through e-payment (SBT e-challan/ SBT online/ Friends/ Akshaya e-challan or any other Payment gateway).
- Visit the official admission website of Calicut University and then click on the “Fee Remittance” link. Select the option 'Application and entrance examination fee for Ph.D. admission 2019-20'.
- Take a print out of the application form attested with the e-challan receipt and this should be sent to the Head of the University or the teaching departments on or before the last date.
- In the case of the subjects which are currently not offered in the teaching departments of this university, the applications have to be sent to the 'Director, Directorate of Admission, Tagore Niketan, University of Calicut.
- In case of those subjects which have not been offered in the Teaching Departments of this University, the applications, in that case, should be submitted to the 'Director, Directorate of Admission, Tagore Niketan, University of Calicut.
Documents Required for Calicut University Ph.D. Application Form 2019
The following documents need to be submitted along with the Calicut University Ph.D.application form 2019:
- Self-attested copies of marksheet
- E Challan receipt
- Community Certificate [for SC/ST]
- A self-addressed stamped envelope of size 23 x 10 cm
Application Fee for Calicut University Ph.D. Application Form 2019
Candidates have to submit the application fee for Calicut University Ph.D application form 2019. The application fee for general candidates is Rs.550 and fee for SC/SC candidates is Rs.220. The payment will take place through SBI.
Calicut University Ph.D Selection Process 2019
Calicut University Ph.D. selection process 2019 is done on the basis of various factors. Take a look at all the important factors taken into consideration for selection of the candidate to the Ph.D. course at Calicut University below:
- The admission procedure for Ph.D. at the University of Calicut begins around November and December.
- The students shortlisted from the written exam and interview can directly apply to the college directly by paying the application fee.
- Admission to Ph.D. is based on the rank secured in the entrance examination conducted by the Research Department and the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Calicut University Ph.D. Exemption Rules 2019
Calicut University follows certain Ph.D exemption rules for Ph.D admissions 2019. Given below are the Calicut University Ph.D. exemption rules 2019
- UGC-CSIR-NET/ JRF, UGC-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE qualified students can apply for the PhD course and are exempted from the Entrance test.
- Candidates who have been approved by the government for research fellowship can also apply for PhD and would be exempted from the entrance exam.
- Full-time teachers of university and colleges aided by the Government.
- Foreign nationals are eligible
- Full-time students who have been selected on the basis of written and viva and are working for some research project.
- M.Phil degree holders are exempted from the entrance exam
Calicut University Ph.D. Programme Fees 2019
Calcutta University Ph.D. programme tuition fee is Rs. 4,041. The university is yet to release the official fee structure for the upcoming academic year. The University may change the fee without prior notice. Candidates can visit the official site for more details regarding the fee structure.
Note: The University may change the fee without prior notice.
Also Read: Calicut University UG Admission 2019
The University of Calicut is affiliated to the UGC at Thenjipalam in Mallapuram district, Kerela. This University has more than 400 colleges under it. Around 30 of them are Post Graduate colleges. Calicut University got the 73rd position among all Indian Universities marked by the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
For more information about the Ph.D. admissions at Calicut University, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!