- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Specialisations 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Important Dates 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Eligibility Criteria 2019
- How to Apply for CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admission …
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Application Fee 2019
- Documents Required for CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admissions 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Test Examination 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Selection Process 2019
- CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Course Fees 2019
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
B. Tech lateral entry admission 2019 is offered at Cochin University of Science and Technology or CUSAT. The university grants lateral entry admission for all 9 B.Tech streams from the third semester. The 2019 lateral entry admission at Cochin University of Science and Technology began from the second week of February and the application process for CUSAT lateral Entry 2019 programme continued till the end of February. Cochin University of Science and Technology is one of the best engineering institutes of Kerala. The institute has AICTE affiliation and A Grade NAAC Accreditation.
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019
B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019 at CUSAT (Cochin University of Science and Technology) is done across all the bachelors engineering streams. B.Tech lateral entry 2019 at CUSAT is from the third semester and this means candidates can take direct admissions in B.Tech at CUSAT from 3rd Semester bypassing the first two semesters. CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019 is offered in 7 specialisations and is given on the basis of a candidate’s previous academic entry in the related field. A candidate who has a certificate or diploma from CUSAT recognised institutes can take lateral entry admission in any of the B.Tech courses the university offers. However, B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019 at CUSAT is subject to the lateral entrance test. Candidates must appear for the lateral entrance test or LET examination at the Ernakulam campus of CUSAT.
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Specialisations 2019
Check out the B.Tech lateral specialisations 2019 offered by CUSAT below:
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Important Dates 2019
The important dates for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry admission are from February to April. Following are some tentative dates for B.Tech lateral entry admission for CUSAT 2019:
B.Tech lateral entry notification
7th February 2019
B.Tech lateral entry registration
7th February 2019 to 28th February 2019
B.Tech lateral entry fee payment
7th February to 5th March, 2019
B.Tech lateral entry Issue of admit card
15th April to 29th April, 2019
B.Tech entrance exam date
29th April 2019
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates need to go through the CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry eligibility criteria 2019 before applying for lateral entry admission 2019. Given below is the B.Tech lateral entry eligibility criteria at CUSAT:
- The candidate must be 25 years old by 1st of July in the year of admission
- The candidate must have a 3-year diploma awarded by the Board of Technical Education in any stream of engineering or technology which is recognised by the Department of Technical Education of Kerala government.
- The candidate must have scored minimum 60% in the diploma in any stream of Engineering or Technology.
How to Apply for CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2019?
All admissions for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry 2019 will be done on the basis of the performance in the lateral entry test or LET. To apply for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019, one has to go to the admission microsite of Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT). The applicants of B.Tech lateral entry admission are required to fill up all the sections in the admission form in the CUSAT Lateral entry 2019 microsite. The registration window for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019 will be open till 28th April. Following is the application process for students looking for B.Tech lateral entry in CUSAT:
- At first, personal details such as name, address, mobile phone number, email ID and date of birth needs to be filled. After the registration, a User ID and Password will be sent by email.
- In the second stage, the candidate has to upload his / her passport size colour photo and a scanned copy of the signature. After the completion of the process, the candidate will be directed to the online fee payment portal
- After fee payment, the application will be considered as done. The payment may take up to 48 hours. Candidates are suggested to keep a track of the application status on a regular basis.
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Application Fee 2019
The application fee for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry 2019 is from Rs. 500 to 10,000 depending on the application quota an applicant is applying for. There are several quotas for which the CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry admission 2019 and the fees can differ depending on the quota. The B.Tech lateral entry application 2019 fee at CUSAT is as follows:
General or Open Category
SC and ST
Non-Resident Indians sitting for admissions in Dubai centre
Rs. 10,000 (Extra)
Documents Required for CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Admissions 2019
The list of documents required for B.Tech Lateral Entry 2019 at CUSAT is generally specified by the University in the admission forms. The CUSAT B.Tech Lateral entry documents are as follows:
- Copy of Age proof of the candidate (Birth certificate or Class Xth passing certificate)
- Copy of Class Xth passing certificate or result
- Copy of Class XIIth passing result
- The result of diploma in any courses of Engineering / Technology recognised by the Kerala Board of Higher Education
- A recent passport size colour photo
- Copy of address proof (Adhaar card / Voter card)
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Test Examination 2019
All Lateral entry admissions 2019 in B.Tech courses at Cochin University of Science and Technology are on the basis of the performance in the Lateral Entry Test (LET) Examination. The LET Examination 2019 will be conducted at the Ernakulam Campus of CUSAT. The Lateral Entry Test at CUSAT is taken in Optical Mark Reading (OMR) Sheets.
B.Tech Lateral Entry Test Question Pattern 2019
The university’s school of Engineering decides the B.Tech lateral entry test question pattern. The University has all the rights to change the question pattern and marking system of the CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry test examination 2019. The B.Tech Lateral Entry Test at CUSAT is generally taken for 600 marks. Negative marking for every wrong answer in CUSAT LET is ‘1.’ Following is the B.Tech lateral entry test question pattern 2019:
Number of Questions
Full Marks`for each question
B Tech Lateral Entry Test Important Points 2019
Following are some important B.Tech lateral entry test important points
- Soiling the question sheet is not allowed
- The candidate has to mark the right answer in the Optical Mark Reading (OMR) Sheets
- The length of the examination is 3 hours
- ‘Test booklet’ will be given for rough work
- The answers in the OMR sheet have to be marked using ballpoint pens
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Selection Process 2019
For CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry selection process 20109, the merit list for the selection process will be published after the commencement of the lateral entry examination (LET). The candidates seeking B.Tech lateral entry admission will be called as per the merit list. The seats for CUSAT B.Tech lateral entry will be given to aspirants after document verification. If the seats are vacant after the admissions from the first merit list, more merit lists will be published for allocating seats for CUSAT B.Tech Lateral entry admission 2019.
CUSAT B Tech Lateral Entry Course Fees 2019
Given below are the CUSAT B.Tech lateral course fees 2019:
Course Fees (in Rs.)
Lab & Computer Caution Deposit
Library Caution Deposit
The details furnished above are the yearly fees for CUSAT B.Tech Lateral entry 2019
Note: The University may change the fee without prior notice. Please visit the official site for more details about the fee structure.
The Cochin University of Science and Technology or CUSAT is one of the few B.Tech offering Universities in India that allow admission for lateral entry system from the 3rd semester of the B.Tech course.