- DU B.El.Ed Entrance Exam Important Dates 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Application Process 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Entrance Syllabus, Examination Pattern 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Important Documents 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Admit Card 2020
- DU B.El.Ed Entrance Exam Result 2020
- DU CIE B.El.Ed Results, Selection Process & Merit List 2020
- List of Colleges Offering DU CIE B.El.Ed
- Related Articles:
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Delhi University conducts admissions every year for Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the Central Institute of Education (CIE). The B.El.Ed is a course that the students will have to take up if they want to gain some expertise in the field of Elementary Education. However, unlike B.Ed (Bachelors of Education) course, in order to take admission in the B.El.Ed course of Delhi University or any other university in India, the candidate does not have to pass graduation but has to complete 12th in any stream from any recognised Secondary board. The B.El.The Ed course of Delhi University is available for only female candidates.
Table of Content
|DU CIE B.El.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2020|
|DU CIE B.El.Ed Entrance Syllabus, Examination Pattern 2020|
|DU CIE B.El.Ed Admit Card 2020|
|DU CIE B.El.Ed Results, Selection Process & Merit List 2020|
The B.El.Ed programme at Delhi University's Central University of Education (CIE) is a four-year integrated course for conducting training in the elementary level examination. The dates for the entrance examination for Delhi University B.El.Ed course is as follows:
Beginning of the online application form
22nd June 2020
Last date for the application form
31st August 2020 ( Extended)
4th-12th September 2020
Announcement of Result
Commencement of Classes
Closing Date of Admission
The University of Delhi has a set of eligibility criteria for conducting admissions in the DU B.El.Ed course of Elementary Education.
- The candidate has to acquire a minimum of 50% or more marks in the qualifying examination, and with a minimum of pass marks in each of the best four subjects which may include: compulsory English or Hindi as language subjects and three other subjects from the list A or list B of accepted subjects issued by the University.
- For the purpose of eligibility criteria determination, more than two subjects will not be considered from the following subject list. Commerce, Informatics Practices, Business Studies, Accountancy, and Computer Applications.
- The candidate must have studied English/Hindi, Science, Mathematics, and Social Science in the 10th or equivalent passing level.
The candidate who wants to take up the B.El.Ed course at Delhi University has to apply with the Common Application Process which is the centralised application form introduced by the University of Delhi. The candidate will have to log in first and create an ID and Password for logging in. After logging in, the candidate has to fill in her biodata and academic records and then upload the scanned copies of the supporting documents for verification purposes and then head to the payment gateway where the candidate can pay the application fees for taking admissions in the Delhi University B.El.Ed course.
The written entrance examination for admissions in B.El.Ed course of DU is conducted by the Central Institute of Education (CIE) for admissions into the 8 DU Affiliated colleges which offer the Bachelor of Elementary Education course.
- The entrance examination of the B.El.Ed courses at Delhi University will be conducted to test the class 10 level Mathematics, English, Hindi, Science and Social Science.
- The entrance test question pattern will be based on Multiple Choice based Questions or MCQs. No descriptive question will be there.
- The total marks of the entrance exam will be 400 and the number of questions will be 100.
- The university will award 4 marks for each correct answer and for every wrong answer 1 negative mark will be given.
- The medium of examination will be bilingual. Candidates can choose to answer in Hindi or English.
For all DU admissions, the university will check some of the documents which will be verified by the affiliated college in which, the candidate seeks admissions. The candidate should keep the documents for Delhi University admissions 2019 handy as well as the scanned copies. The applicants will be required to upload the prescribed list of documents along with the Delhi University application form 2019 during the online registration process. The required documents are as follows:
- Class XII Provisional or Original Certificate/Mark Sheet
- Class X Certificate/Mark Sheet
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Recent Character Certificate from the previous institute
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD/ ST/ SC certificate (Only for the candidates who belong to these categories)
- Income Certificate (OBC-Non Creamy Layer)
- Educational Concession Certificate (For Only CW Quota)
- Kashmir Migrant Certificate (Only for those applying under Kashmir Migrant Quota)
- ECA Distinction or Sports Certificate
The admit card for the entrance examination of Delhi University B.El.Ed course will be issued via the application portal. The admit card will be issued as a soft copy through the portal on the specified date. The candidate will have to download the admit card and take a print out of it before appearing in the examination centre. A candidate is likely to be considered ineligible if he/she fails to produce the admit card in the examination hall to the invigilator.
The result of the DU B.El. Ed entrance exam 2020 will be released on the official website of the university. The result is expected to be announced in October.
The result of B.El.Ed entrance examination will be declared online. The students who have scored well have a good chance of getting admission to their college of preferences. Admission will be done as per the merit lists released by the college and if the candidate's name is there in the merit list, she can go and take admissions in the college. If the candidate has her name in the merit list in one or multiple colleges, she can visit the college of her choice with the original documents for verification and get admission in DU B.El.Ed course after submitting the admission fees in the respective colleges.
Only 8 colleges offer the B.El.Ed course under the University of Delhi and they are as follows:
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya,
- Gargi College
- Institute of Home Economics
- Jesus and Mary College
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Mata Sundri College for Women
- Miranda House
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College
8 colleges have 40 seats for B.El.Ed course admissions which make the total number of seats 800 under the University of Delhi.
Click on the links given below to know more:
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more such articles.