The Indian Institute of Management, Shillong (IIM Shillong) has started inviting applications for its Ph.D programme that is offered for working professionals. The Ph.D programme of IIM Shillong will help in expanding the frontiers of knowledge of these working professionals and will provide them with a great opportunity for contributing to the field of management sciences.
The primary goal of IIM Shillong’s Ph.D programme is preparing keen executives and teaching professionals so that they can contribute to the vast field of management research, training, and consulting practice. The programme’s aim is also to launch an academic career that will help in striking a balance between the practice and theory of management.
IIM Shillong Ph.D Programme Specialisations
Many specialisations are offered at the Indian Institute of Management, Shillong in its doctoral programme for working professionals. Candidates who wish to enrol for the course can choose from the options and select the one that fulfils their requirements and career prospects. The areas of specialisation of the Ph.D programme at IIM Shillong are given below.
- Marketing Management
- Economics and Public Policy
- Information Systems
- Finance and Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour, Human Resources and Communication
- Operations and Quantitative Techniques
- Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Strategic Management
IIM Shillong Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
A set of eligibility criteria has been declared by the officials of IIM Shillong to conduct Ph.D admissions. Candidates have to fulfil these conditions to be considered eligible for the course. The eligibility criteria for Ph.D at IIM Shillong are listed below.
- The candidates who have done postgraduation and have a master’s degree must have a minimum professional work experience of five years as on 31st July 2010.
- The candidate must have completed his/ her Secondary (class 10th) and Higher Secondary (class 12th) education from a recognised board. In these two exams, the general candidates must have an aggregate of at least 60 per cent marks and the SC and ST candidates must have at least 50 per cent marks in aggregate.
- General candidates must have a minimum of 60 per cent marks (aggregate) in their master’s degree or its equivalent in any stream or discipline. The SC and ST candidates who are engineering students must have at least 55 per cent marks in aggregate and the non-engineering SC and ST should not have less than 50 per cent marks when taken in aggregate.
- The candidates must have completed graduation along with the professional qualifications of ICWA, CA, and CS with a minimum of 50 per cent marks or its equivalent grade.
IIM Shillong Ph.D Application Process 2019
The application process of Ph.D programme at IIM Shillong is provided below. Candidates must follow the steps prescribed by the institute to fill in the application form without any mistake and must ensure that it is submitted well before the deadline.
- Go to the official website of IIM Shillong.
- You will find the link for the Ph.D programme on the home page itself.
- Click on it and go to the application form.
- Make sure you read all the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding to apply.
- Fill in all the details carefully.
- Enter your personal and academic details.
- Attach all the documents and photographs wherever they are asked for.
- It is important that the candidates attach self-attested copies of all the documents.
- Provide all valid and correct information.
- Make the payment of the application fee, that is Rs. 2,000 via NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) and take a print out of the receipt.
- Download your submitted form and print it.
- Attach the receipt of the application fee and send it to the following address so that it reaches by 5th August 2019:
Doctoral Programme Office
Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong-793014
For assisting the candidates, the phone number and email address are also given.
- Phone number: 0364-230 8039
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
IIM Shillong Ph.D Selection Process 2019
The candidates who qualify the eligibility criteria are considered for the selection process of the Ph.D programme at IIM Shillong. They will be hence shortlisted based on the recommendations of the appropriate committee. The candidates who will be shortlisted will then be invited for a personal interview and a written test for the final selection. The admission committee of IIM Shillong will consider the overall academic record of the candidate, his/ her work experience, marks obtained in CAT/ GMAT/ GRE etc., and the performance in the personal interview before finalising their admission.
The candidates must note that the last two years’ marks of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineers), CAT (Common Admission Test), and NET - JRF (National Eligibility Test, Junior Research Fellowship) and the last five years’ marks of GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) and GRE (Graduate Record Examination) will be considered.
IIM Shillong Ph.D Course Fee 2019
The total fee of the Ph.D programme at IIM Shillong is Rs. 5,50,000 (plus GST). The candidates will have to submit Rs. 50,000 as acceptance fee when they get selected and this is non-refundable. During the time of taking admission in the first year, the candidate will be required to pay Rs. 2,50,000 as admission fee. Similarly, before the beginning of the second and the third year, the candidate will have to pay Rs. 1,50,000 and Rs, 1,00,000 respectively. Apart from that, candidates will be charged extra for meals and accommodation at the institute. A caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 will also have to be paid which will be refundable.
For more details of the Ph.D programme at IIM Shillong, check the PDF file attached below. All the significant information about the course is given in it.
To get all the notifications and updates regarding IIM Shillong Ph.D course, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!