Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Journalism and Mass Communication play a significant role in educating and enlightening the masses about the dynamic world. The rising news channels, advertising agencies, and radio stations have given a bigger picture to the field. Aspirants looking to pursue BJMC will be entitled to ample employment opportunities not only in India but also internationally. BJMC is a desirable career option for those having good editing, web writing, communication, and analytical skills.
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) is a UG program that provides knowledge about various skills in mass media such as newspapers, internet, television, radio, etc. The program duration is of 3 years divided into 6 semesters. Candidates who are inquisitive, curious, and have a good flair in writing and reporting to the masses about the events and issues happening around the globe must apply. Through this program, aspirants will be able to learn about various equipment, software, and technology involved in mass media.
If you are struggling with which career options are available after BJMC? Well, you have arrived at the right place. Here are some of the exciting and popular career options open to candidates after completing a BJMC degree.
Also Read:BJMC vs BA Journalism: What’s Better?
Which Career after BJMC?
Aspirants with BJMC degrees have good work prospects in India, in both the public and private sectors. Candidates who want to improve their work prospects must pursue a master's degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. Major recruiters who offer job roles to BJMC graduates are broadcast companies, news agencies, advertising agencies, public relations firms, TV channels, photographic organizations, newspapers, journals, radio telecast companies, and other organizations. Here is the list of job opportunities after BJMC.
- Journalist, Columnist, or Reporter: They are mostly self-employed and acquire information for broadcasting purposes. They work for newspapers, radio stations, and television shows.
- News Analyst: Their major role is to produce and publish news on a variety of media platforms, including digital, print media, and others. They are involved in collecting data conducting interviews, and much more.
- Public Relations Officer or Specialist: Their job is to build strong ties between the employer and the general public. They are mainly the organization's public faces.
- PhotoJournalist: They are responsible for creating articles and blogs for magazines or brochures based on photographs captured by them.
- Illustrator: Illustrators collaborate with clients and the marketing team to create visually stimulating graphics through transforming their concepts and printed materials.
- Radio Jockey: Their job is to entertain people in a variety of ways such as playing music and radio broadcasting. They also deliver news and updates in a flash.
- Content Writer: Their job is to develop quality digital content for businesses to highlight their products or services. They work closely with content managers and clients and meet deadlines regularly.
Other Career Opportunities after BJMC
Candidates aspiring to build a career in media and broadcasting can pursue other opportunities mentioned below.
- Graphic Designers
- Freelance Writer
- Marketing Manager
- Feature Writer
- Video Jockey
- TV Correspondent
Also Read: Top BJMC Colleges in India
Employment Sectors of BJMC Graduates
Candidates can find the list of sectors employing the BJMC graduates in the tabular format below.
Top Companies Hiring BJMC Graduates
Here is the list of top recruiting companies hiring BJMC graduates.
Times of India
All India Radio
Top BJMC Entrance Exams in India
Aspirants can find the popular BJMC entrance exams mentioned below:
- IIMC Entrance Exam
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- Xavier Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- Jamia Milia Common Entrance Test
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for all the latest updates!
For admission-related details, aspirants can fill out the Common Application Form (CAF) and avail free counselling from our experts. For any queries, students can write to us through the Q&A Zone or call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-5729877.