How to Prepare
BCECE 2016 Question Paper Format
BCECE 2016 News and Updates
Several Medical Colleges of Patna have been running six diploma courses without any recognition from the Medical Council of India (MCI). The unrecognized courses have been run in the state since past 25 years in several medical colleges of Patna, including Patna Medical College. Last year ...Read more
The president of Indian Association of Physiotherapy (IAP) Prof. (Dr.) Umashankar Mohanty visited the Bihar College of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy recently. The visit of the college mainly focussed on uplifting of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy as a profession. The academic in ...Read more
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam (BCECE) is conducted every year by Bihar Combined Entrance e Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) for admission to professional courses of engineering in colleges of the state. While this test is meant for admission of students domiciled in the state students from other states can take this assessment for admission.
BCECE 2016 Conducting Body
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) is constituted under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995 . It conducts competitive examinations every year for admissions in various professional courses of Medical, Engineering and Agricultural streams in the Institutions of the state of Bihar.
BCECE Contact Details
|Address||BCECE BOARD, I.A.S. ASSOCIATION BUILDING, NEAR PATNA AIRPORT, PATNA - 800014, BIHAR,(INDIA)|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is BCECE?
BCECE will be conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examinations Board (BCECEB) for admission of candidates to B.Tech Programmes across the engineering colleges of Bihar. To conduct entrance exams for admission to first year of B.Tech courses, Government of Bihar constituted the board under BCECE act, 1995. Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is conducted every year by the BCECE board.
2) When is the BCECE held?
The exam is held mostly during the month of April.
3) How can I get the application form?
The application form will be available through online mode only.
4) It is necessary to send the printed application form?
Yes, it is necessary.
5) When can I register for BCECE exam?
First week of February to last week of February.
6) I have made mistakes in the application form, can I correct it?
Yes, corrections can be made.
7) I have forgotten my password, how to retrieve it?
Go through the “Forgot Password” link in the login window.
8) Which modes are available for fee payment?
Fee payment can be done through debit/credit card, net banking or through bank Challan.
9) Should I send my application form to the exam committee?
Yes, you need to send the hard copy of your Application Form, Enclosures and Paid Challan by Registered Post/ Speed Post to exam council on the address mention below:
- Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board, I.A.S. Association Building, Near Patna Airport, P.O.-B.V.College, Patna - 800014
10) Is there any provision to withdraw my application form after submission?
No, there is no such provision to cancel or withdraw application form. Also, the request for fee refund will not be entertained in any circumstances.
11) Is there any special requirements of envelope?
Yes, you need to send your application form in a yellow envelope with of 17 cm x 30 cm by Registered Post / Speed Post.
12) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the BCECE website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
13) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
14) I had already registered for BCECE. Why should I apply again for admissions?
It is necessary to apply for admissions separately with the marks obtained in 12th exam and also giving your preferences to different degree programmes, along with the requisite application fee.
15) Where is the BCECE exam held?
The BCECE exam is held in various major cities of India.
16) What is the eligibility criteria for BCECE?
- As qualifying exam for BCECE 2017, candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent with minimum of 45% of marks (40% for SC/ST) from any recognized Board/University.
- They must have studied subjects Physics, Chemistry Mathematics/Biology as primary subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent.
17) What is the paper pattern of BCECE?
- BCECE will be conducted in two stages.
- First stage of the exam will be of 2 hours and 15 minutes duration. In stage 1 of BCECE , a total of 150 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (50 questions from each subject).
- While, attempting questions during the exam, candidates must mark answers very carefully to avoid negative marking. Each correctly marked answers will be awarded 4 marks but for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. Total marks for stage 1 of BCECE exam will be 600.
- In stage 2 of BCECE, separate exams will be conducted for the three subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There will be 100 questions in each question paper and the total marks for a subject/paper will be 400 (4 marks per question). Each paper of stage 2 will be of 90 minutes and there will be a gap of 30 minutes between two consecutive papers.
- For every answer marked correctly in stage 2 of BCECE exam, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. Total marks for stage 2 exam will be 1200.
18) Will there be any negative marking in both the stages of BCECE?
Yes, there will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
19) My subjects in Class 12th are Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Am I entitled to appear for BCECE?
Yes, with these subjects you can appear for BCECE however you can solely apply for B. Pharm (Hons.) course as well as b.tech course at the institute.
20) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
21) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
22) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for BCECE?
Candidates can write BCECE with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply for the B. Pharm program. They will also eligible for any other first degree program of institute.
23) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
24) I have obtained 74.6% in PCM aggregate. Will you consider it as 75%?
No. We need a minimum of 75.00% or more in PCM aggregate.
25) When are BCECE Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
26) For how long do the BCECE Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
BCECE Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
27) Is BCECE B. Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) What is the Counseling process after appearing for BCECE?
- Ranks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam will be the basis of their eligibility for BCECE Counselling. It is must for all candidates to qualify both the stages of the entrance exam to appear in BCECE Counselling. Qualified candidates will also be required to register themselves and apply for the choice filling in order to participate in counselling and seat allotment procedure.
- As per the dates scheduled on the basis of candidates’ ranks in BCECE, they have to report for the handwriting test. Candidates can also participate in the Provisional Allotment process and check their status for the same. All candidates must keep in mind that Provisional Allotment Status should not be considered as the final allocation status. Only the candidates, who will qualify the handwriting test, can download their allotment letter for BCECE. After successful completion of BCECE Counselling, candidates must report to the allotted institutes for admission, fee deposition and document verification.
29) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
30) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
31) What is the reservation policy?
Candidates who belong to the Bihar state and have a valid caste certificate of Bihar state they will get reservation in the college.
- General :- 50%
- Scheduled Caste(SC) :- 16%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) :- 1%
- Extremely Backward Class (EBC):-18%
- Backward Class (BC) :-12%
- Reserved Category Girls (RCG) :- 3%
- Disabled Quota (DQ) :- 3%
32) Which colleges are covered under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)?
The participating Institutes of BCECE will grant admission into various B.Tech courses based on the scocres secured by the students in BCECE.Check the names of the participating instiuties in given below:-
- B.C.E Bhagalpur
- M.I.T Muzaffarpur
- Nalanda college of eng. chandi,Nalanda
- G.C.E gaya
- M.C.E Motihari
- D.C.E Darbhanga
- L.J.P.I.T, chapra.
33) Can the candidate change his/her choice subsequently.
No, Choice once indicated and submitted shall be treated as final.
34) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.