CEED (CEED - 2017)
How to Prepare
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made. If you follow the above rules, road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous years Papers
Solving previous years’ papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
|Step 1||Create Login Id|
|Step 2||Complete the application form|
|Step 3||Upload Scan Photograph and Document...|
CEED 2017 Question Paper Format
CEED 2017 News and Updates
Draft answer key of Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2017 has been released by IIT -Bombay on the official website of the exam. The exam consists of two parts- Part A and Part B. As of now, the answer key only Part A has been released. Part B is based on subjective ...Read more
The admit cards or hall tickets for Common Entrance Examination for Design or CEED 2017 have been released by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. As per schedule, CEED 2017 will take place on January 22, 2017. The admit cards will be available for download until January 21, 2017. It is ...Read more
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur and Ph.D. programmes in Design at some Institutes. CEED is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). The objective of CEED is to assess the candidates aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity and communication skills.
- M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering
- M.Des. in Industrial Design
- M.Des. in Visual Communication
- M.Des. in Animation,
- M.Des. in Interaction Design
- M.Des. in Mobility and Vehicle Design
- M.Des. in Design
- M.Des. in Visual Design
- Ph.D. in Design
CEED 2017 Conducting Body
CEED is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961, Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance'. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.
CEED Contact Details
|Address||GATE-JAM-CEED Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Powai, Mumbai 400076.|
|Phone no||9769917069, 9769957068, 022-2576 7068|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
1) What is CEED Exam ?
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India. CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programmes at the Industrial Design Centre (IIT Bombay), Instrument Design and Development Centre (IIT Delhi), Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (IISc Bangalore) and Design Programme (IIT Kanpur). For IIT Kanpur GATE is also a qualifying examination. Candidates also have to fulfill other requirements such as tests & interviews of the respective institutions for admission.
2) What is the procedure for applying ONLINE ?
CEED application form must be submitted Online only through the official website.
3) What is the mode of payment of application fee for CEED ?
Application Fee (non-refundable) is INR 2200 for Men General/OBC category Applicants, INR 1100 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and all women candidates. The fees can be paid through Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card.
4) Do I need to paste photograph and put signature on my application?
No. Since the application would be submitted online, you need to upload photograph and signature in JPG format as instructed in online application process.
5) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No. Do not send the printed copy of your application and enclosures. Candidates have to upload scanned copies of additional supporting documents in PDF format (degree certificates /marksheets / category certificates / PwD certificates, and experience certificate in the case of candidates with GD Arts qualification), if the candidate has more than one experience certificate, scan all of them and create a single pdf file and then upload.
6) After submission of application, am I permitted to change my Examination City?
Requests for change of Examination City may be permitted if a request with a valid reason for the same is received in the office of the Chairperson, CEED 2016, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 on or before 26th October, 2015 along with a Demand Draft of 500/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay”, on any Nationalized Bank, payable at Mumbai. The decision of the Chairperson, CEED, in this regard will be final.
7) When and how will I know the status of my application?
You have to login with the email id and password you used to enter the application form. Applicants are advised to visit CEED webpage often to check the status of their application.
8) When will I receive my admit card?
Admit Card can only be downloaded from the CEED Application website from DECEMBER 29–JANUARY 21. Sending Admit Cards by post has been discontinued. Bring a printout of the Admit Card at the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY the following photo identifications are permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, or Aadhar UID. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented.
9) What are the items I can carry to the examination hall?
List of allowable and non-allowable items are mentioned below:
- Sketch Pens
- Poster Colours
- Other Drawing Materials
- Mobile Phone
- Any Electronic Gadgets
- Blank Papers
- Clip Boards
10) Is it mandatory to have a colour print out of the admit card or black and white copy is also valid?
Candidates should take a colour copy of their admit card before coming to the examination centre.
11) Am I allowed to leave the Examination Hall during the Test?
Candidates will not be allowed to leave the Examination Hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the hall only after the Computer based test is completed and Question-Cum-Answer-Booklet from all the candidates in the examination hall have been collected and accounted for.
12) Will there be any arrangement at the Test Center for the safe keeping of my personal items such as my mobile phone?
No such arrangements will be possible at the Test Center. You have to make your own arrangements for safe keeping.
13) I forgot my registration number/ application number which is needed for viewing application status, printing Admit card. What should I do?
- Check the hard copy print out. This contains the application number. Your application number also has been sent as an SMS to your registered mobile number.
- You can also Login to the CEED Application website with the email you registered with. All the application details will be available there.
- If you forget the password, click on the “Forgot password” link.
- If you forget the email address, first try to enter other email addresses you may have.
- As a last resort, you can send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in with the following information: (A) Your full name (B) Date of birth (c) Registered mobile number.
14) I would like to change some of the entries that I made in the online admissions website. Is this possible?
If you wish to change any information (e.g. date of birth, name/surname, phone number, Category) after successful submission of your application form, please send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in and a written request to Chairman, CEED, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400 076 , along with necessary documents, and mentioning your application number. However email Id and Mobile numbers cannot be changed.
15) What is the eligibility/qualification for CEED examination?
- Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following, by July 2015:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 years programme after 10+2)
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2)
- B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
- G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year post qualification, professional experience
- Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3)
Note: Candidates with a three year Bachelor’s Degree programme are not Eligible.
16) Is there any limitations of age or number of attempts to appear for CEED ?
There is no age limit to appear for CEED . A student can attempt CEED any number of times.
17) After Qualifiying CEED , do I get automatic admission into any IIT's or IISc in India?
Qualifying in CEED does not guarantee admission in any way. A candidate has to apply to respective Institutes for admission and fulfill other requirements such as tests and interviews of the respective institutions for admission.A limited number of assistantships, based on merit, are available to CEED qualified students, to pursue the programs .
18) Is there any reference book for preparation for CEED examination?
No specific text book or guide book is recommended for preparation. Candidates may however polish up their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Candidate may go through the previous question papers for reference.
19) Is there any time limit for Part A (Computer based test) or can I start the examination with Part B and go for Part A later?
No, Part A will start at 10:00 hrs and will end at 11:00 hrs. Part B will start immediately from 11:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs.
20) For how long is the CEED M.Des score valid?
The CEED M.Des score is valid for just one year.
21) How will the seats be allotted?
Seats will be allotted in order of rank in each category.
22) I belong to a reserved category. Am I eligible for the Open Seats?
Yes, provided you have an Open Rank. Open Category seats are Open to everyone, that is, both non-reserved and reserved categories of candidates.
23) I have got Open Rank 'xyz' or OBC-NCL Rank 'abc'. Will I get IIT Bombay?
We will strictly NOT entertain such questions, so please don't send them. We will neither advice you on your chances nor speculate on what might or might not happen with this year's admissions before it happens.
24) What is the Overall Standing?
Overall Standing refers to your standing among all qualified students. In other words it is your rank among the 1344 students who qualified in CEED . It gives you an idea of where you stand and is not used in admissions. Only Category Ranks are used for seat allotment.
25) What programs are available After CEED ?
Available Programs are mentioned Below:
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering*
- IIT Bombay: M.Des. in
- Industrial Design,
- Visual Communication,
- Interaction Design
- IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des. in Industrial Design*.
26) Is the M. Des. degree recognised by the government?
Yes.M. Des. degree recognised by the government.
27) What Your Study Material Contains for CEED ?
Our Study Material Covers Entire Syllabus of PART-A and PART-B in the form of step by step tutorials, sample papers, mocktest papers, drawings, sketching techniques, tips and techniques etc.:-
- Visual Perception and Creative Ability Test to judge Visual sensitivity and imagination.
- Written Communication
- Ability to express precisely one's thoughts on a given topic.
- Ability to comprehend a given passage in English and summarize it .
Development of new product/ visual concepts and creative ideas based on analytical observation of problems from daily life situations. Choice of product concepts suitable for small and large scale production. Generation of solution in a given material and process such as sheet metal work wood fabrication, plastic moulding, wire fabrication, etc. or representations of visual concepts into visual symbols and form, aided with drawings and illustrations. Drawings based on your analysis.
Imagination of objects, people and places from our immediate or distant environments.
28) How similar or different is the M. Des. programme at IIT Bombay compared to the M. Des. at IIT Delhi or IIT Kanpur?
In terms of curriculum, there may be substantial similarities just as there are significant differences. For details related to course content refer to respective department websites.
29) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the Government.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place