Guru Nanak Dev University Common Entrance Test M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering) Exam Pattern
The question paper in the Entrance Test shall be based on the subjects of the B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering).
- Total Questions- 100
- Total Marks- 100
- Test Duration- 90 minutes
- Marking System –
- 1 mark will be given for each right answer and there will be no negative marking.
|No. Of Subject||11|
|No. Of Unit||15|
|No. Of Chapter||71|
- Concept of Layering
- LAN Technologies
- Flow and Error Control Techniques
- IPv4/IPv6, routers and Routing Algorithms
- Application Layer Protocols
- Basics of Wi-Fi
- Network Security
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Maxima and Minima
- Mean value theorem
- Vector algebra
- Matrix Algebra
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Rank of a matrix
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Random Variables
- Binomial Distributions
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Conditional Probability
- Bayes Theorem
- Propositional and first order logic
- Sets, relations, functions
- Partial orders and lattices
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
- Candidate will be not allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination without valid Admit Card.
- Physical calculator, mobile phone and wrist watches with calculation facility are strictly prohibited and candidates possessing these in the examination hall (even if not using) shall be disqualified.
- Candidates shall be present at the examination center 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Any malpractice or attempt to commit malpractice in the examination hall or any violation of the rules will lead to disqualification of the candidate.