IRMA - Institute of Rural Management Exam Pattern
- The written examination will comprise following objective type tests.
- Each question will have 5 options.
- The details of these tests are given below:
Name of Test
No. of Questions
A composite time of 2 hours for all the four tests together.
Issues of Social Concern
Total Duration:- 2 Hours
Total Questions:- 200
- The weightage for the correct answer was not given in the test paper.
- Negative marking of 25% of the weightage of the question was mentioned
- All these four tests would be in a composite test booklet. There will be a separate answer sheet for indicating your answers. All these 200 questions would be printed serially form Q. No. 1 to Q. No. 200. You may attempt the questions / test in any order you like. However, in your own interest you are advised not to spend too much time on any one test.
- To qualify in the written examination, it is necessary to pass in each one of the objective tests separately.
|No. Of Subject||4|
|No. Of Unit||4|
|No. Of Chapter||34|
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
How to prepare
1. Analytical Reasoning
This section deals with analytic and logical reasoning.
You would be asked questions on analogies, odd man out, data sufficiency, and Venn diagrams etc.
You must solve at least 20-30 questions on a daily basis and try to solve them correctly as fast and quick as you can.
2. Quantitative Aptitude
You must revise the usual topics such as Time-Speed-Distance, Geometry, and Mixture etc.
Syllabus for this section is similar to that of CAT.
The difficulty level is easy to moderate for this section.
Questions from advanced math are not asked.
With one week left for the exam, you must revise all the formulae and try to solve a variety of questions.
Solve mock tests for this particular section to enhance speed.
3. English Comprehension
You would easily solve this section is your reading speed is good.
Questions would be asked from a passage (comprehension).
Practice at least 2 passages daily till your exam date.
Solve sample papers to get an idea of the type of questions.
4. Issues of Social Concern
This is the toughest section in the examination.
Candidates would be asked questions to test awareness of current national issues & topics of social relevance.
Read magazines on current affairs and social issues.
You may also go for specific handouts which cover social issues and current affairs.
Take note of all the news related to rural India – social, developmental, political, and cultural.
Visit website of Ministry of Rural Development to know about different schemes for rural India.
The candidates can fill the form in any one mode as per their convenience. The online form is available on the official website of IRMA. However, the candidates can purchase the Application Form in hard copy from the IRMA Admission Office by paying the requisite application there only. The last date to submit the form has not been revealed yet but it is expected that IRMA Registration will conclude in December 2015. However the candidates opting to fill the form in offline mode must make sure that the form reaches the institute on or before 31 January 2016. The candidates can obtain the Application Form and complete details regarding the same by accessing the link given below and for other details such as schedule of date, admit card, result etc. read the article below.