Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-M.Sc.(Bioinformatics) Exam Pattern
- Test Duration- 105 min.
- Total Marks- 100
- Total Questions- 100
- Marking System– 1 mark each for the correct answer. There are 0.25 mark for the wrong answer.
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of Science exams. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
- Use Blue/Black ball point pen.
- Write your Roll No. at the appropriate place immediately after receiving the question paper.
- Candidates must submit the question paper and the OMR sheet before leaving the hall.
- Candidates are required to maintain decorum of the examination hall.
- Candidates must not use any unfair means in the examination. If any such thing is found during the course of the examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Do not put any identification mark on question booklet and answer sheet.
- Calculator, Mobile Phones and other Electronic gadgets are not allowed.
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various faculties and Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI (Except B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS), and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all programs of the University.
- The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc.
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- Candidates are strongly advised to regularly check the University website for admission related notices and other information.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/request shall be entertained in this regard.