Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) (JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) - 2016)
Feb 08, 2016
May 16, 2016
Jun 27, 2016
JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 3.0 Hr
|General Knowledge||45 Minutes||25||25|
|General English||45 Minutes||25||25|
|Elementary Knowledge on the culture Civilization of the languages/country concerned||45 Minutes||25||25|
|Aptitude for language skills||45 Minutes||25||25|
The exam for 3 year-B.A. Programme in the School of Language will be conducted in two phases:
- First year of three-year B.A. (Hons.) programme in Foreign Languages
- Second year of three year B.A. (Hons.)programme in Foreign Languages
First year of three-year B.A. (Hons.) programme in Foreign Languages:
- Candidates seeking admission to the first-year of the 3 year- B.A. Programme in the School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies shall be examined on the basis of their general language and aptitude test. The questions shall be of objective type, short answers etc. and shall be within the broad spectrum of General Knowledge, General English and Elementary Knowledge on the culture and civilization of the languages/country concerned and aptitude for language skills.
- The School has changed the pattern of the B.A.(Hons.) 1st year Entrance Examination. The Entrance Examinations for B.A.(Hons.) 1st Year in Foreign Languages will be grouped accroding to the following clusters:
- Cluster 1: French, German, Spanish, Russian
- Cluster 2: Japanese, Korean, Chinese
- Cluster 3: Persian, Arabic, Pashto
- Candidates may opt for three Languages from two clusters only.
Second year of three year B.A. (Hons.) programme in Foreign Languages:
- Question paper for the entrance examination will be set in respective foreign language and answers also are to be given in that foreign language. Adequate proficiency is required in spoken and written language concerned. Knowledge of basic and applied grammar besides some competence for simple translation from the language concerned into English and vice- versa and familiarity with the culture and civilization of the country concerned are also required.
- Total Marks: 100
- Total Questions: 100
- Test Duration: 180 min
- Marking System: Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark. and There is no negative marking.
JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2016 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(Hons.)?
- Senior School Certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination with the minimum of 45% marks. The candidates who are due to appear in Senior School Certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination are eligible to apply.
- Certificate of Alimiah with at least 45% marks issued by any of the following Madrasas subject to the condition that the candidate has passed The English language at the level of Senior Secondary from a recognised Board/ University or a three-year course conducted by Darul- Uloom Deoband.
2) I got less than 40% in XII in CBSE, shall I still sit in the admission test, just in case seats become available later?
There is no point in applying if you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria but if you are belonging to reserved category can apply.
3) Is there an age limit for the course?
No,there is no age limit.
4) I obtained 44.99% - am I eligible?
No, 45% means strictly 45.00% or above.
5) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc.?
Yes, Examination Centre will provide. But no electronic devices are allowed in Examination Hall/Room.
6) Will my admission depend upon my percentage at 10+2 level / 12 th /Senior Secondary level?
Your admission to the B.A. Honours course will solely depend upon your merit in entrance test examination.
7) Whether the student completing XII Science or Arts can get admission in B.A.(Hons).
Yes, Student of any Stream can take admission to B.A.(Hons). after completing his/her qualifying or XII std. exam from the recognized Board .
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place