VMU AICEE(M.Tech) - Biotechnology Exam Pattern
- Total Questions- 100
- Total Marks- 300
- Test Duration- 2 Hours
- Marking System- Three marks for each correct answer and negative mark (-1) for every wrong answer.
NOTE: Sections 1 and 2 are common for all M.Tech Engineering specializations.
|No. Of Subject||5|
|No. Of Unit||17|
|No. Of Chapter||105|
- Chemical engineering principles
- Ideal and non-Ideal Multiphase Bioreactors
- Rheology of fermentation fluids
- Media formulation and optimization
- Kinetics of microbial growth
- Sterilization of air and media
- Types of microbial and enzyme reactors
- Instrumentation control and optimization
- Feasibility Analysis
- Upstream production and downstream
- Production of Biomass
- Large scale production and purification
- Industrial application of Chromatographic
- Immobilization of Biocatalysts
- History of Immunology
- Innate, humoral and cell mediated Immunity
- Antibody Structure and Function
- Antigen-antibody Reaction
- B and T cells
- Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC)
- Immune Tolerance
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell structure
- Cell cycle and cell growth control
- Cell-Cell Communication
- Cell Signaling and Signal Transduction
- Biological membranes
- Basic concepts and designs of Metabolism
- Viruses - Structure and Classification
- Microbial Classification and Diversity
- Methods in Microbiology
- Microbial Growth and Nutrition
- Aerobic and Anaerobic Respiration
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Microbial Diseases
- Molecular structure of Genes
- Mutations and Mutagenesis
- Nucleic acid Replication
- Mendelian Inheritance
- Gene Interaction
- Extrachromosomal Inheritance
- Microbial Genetics
- Horizontal Gene Transfer
- RNA Interference
- DNA Damage and Repair
- Molecular basis of genetic diseases
- Major Bioinformatic Resources
- Sequence and structure databases
- Sequence Analysis
- Genomic and Proteomic Studies
- Molecular dynamics and simulations
- Principles of microscopy
- Principles of Spectroscopy
- Principles of Chromatography
- Animal cell culture
- Animal cell and tissue Preservation
- Kinetics of cell Growth
- Micro & macro-carrier culture
- Hybridoma Technology
- Stem cell technology
- Animal cloning
- Regeneration of Plants
- Plant Growth Regulators and Elicitors
- Tissue culture and Cell Suspension
- Hairy root Culture
- Transgenic Plants
- Plant Products
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Partial Derivatives
- Maxima and Minima
- Sequences and Series
- Tests for Convergence
- Fourier Series
- Linear and nonlinear first order ODEs
- Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients
- Cauchy’s And Euler’s Equations
- Laplace transforms
- Partial Differential Equations - Laplace, heat and wave equations
- Solutions Of Linear And Non-Linear Algebraic Equations
- Numerical integration - trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule
- Single and Multistep Methods
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation
- Random Variables
- Poisson, Normal And Binomial Distributions
- Correlation And Regression Analysis
- Matrices and determinants
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Eigen values and eigen vectors.
- Restriction and Modification Enzymes
- DNA and Genomic DNA library
- DNA Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reactions
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Southern and Northern Blotting
- In-situ Hybridization
- Site-directed Mutagenesis
- Gene Transfer Technologies
- Gene Therapy
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
- Fill in each column in your own handwriting.
- Place a tick mark ( ) wherever necessary. Strike off the portion(s) not applicable when alternatives are stated.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Do not enclose any original certificates.
- Ensure all information furnished in the application are clear and correct, failing which the application/admission may be canceled.
- MERE ADMISSION TO THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION DOES NOT CONFER ON THE CANDIDATE ANY RIGHT OF ADMISSION TO THE COURSE OF STUDY APPLIED FOR.
- Candidates should report at the examination hall, at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of starting of the examination with Hall Ticket, pen, pencil and eraser.
- Hall Ticket should be produced at the time of entrance examination without fail.
- No candidate shall be allowed to write the entrance examination without the Hall Ticket. Those issued with provisional Hall Tickets must get them regularized as directed, before the examination. Candidates shall not carry any bits of paper or other incriminating materials, including calculators and mobile phones, inside the examination hall.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the examination hall till completion of the first one-hour duration.
- Candidates found misbehaving or using unfair means or resorting to impersonation, will have their candidature canceled and will be liable to be debarred from taking Entrance Examinations of this University any fur there.
- The OMR answer sheet of the candidate should be handed over to the Hall Superintendent along with the question booklet. If any candidate fails to do so, his/her candidature shall be canceled.
- University will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in postal transit.