IBSAT MBA (IBSAT MBA - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Create Login ID & Completing the On...|
|Step 2||Uploading Scan Copy of Documents|
|Step 3||Payment of Fees|
IBSAT MBA 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
IBSAT MBA 2016 News and Updates
ICFAI Business School has announced the results for IBSAT 2016 which was conducted in the month of December. Candidates who appeared for the popular management entrance exam can log on to the official website of IBSAT to check their results which will make them eligible for admission to the ...Read more
The results of IBS Aptitude Test (IBSAT) 2015 for admission to 9 campuses of IBS Business School have been declared. The IBSAT 2015 exams were held between December 12 and December 23, 2015. Candidates can check their results on the official IBS website. The selection process will be held ...Read more
IBSAT MBA 2016
IBSAT is a computer-based test, which is conducted at various test centers across India every year. ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is conducted for admission to MBA programmes at IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, campuses.
IBSAT MBA 2016 Conducting Body
IBSAT is an aptitude test conducted by ICFAI Business School. Since its inception in 1995, IBS has been one of the best B-Schools in the country, providing excellent academic delivery and infrastructure to its students. At IBS, students are not just offered innovative and globally accepted programmes but they are also exposed to great opportunities for all-round development. The objective of IBS is to transform its students into leaders of the future. IBS campuses are located at Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. They offer two-year, full-time management programmes to prepare the students for successful corporate careers.
IBSAT MBA Contact Details
|Address||IBS Admission Office Plot No. 65, Nagarjuna Hills Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082 Telangana|
|Phone no||040 – 23440963|
IBSAT MBA FAQ
1) I wish to do MBA/PGPM/Ph.D (Full Time/Part Time) program at IBS? What is the Admission Process?
- All the students who wish to pursue MBA/PGPM/Ph.D program have to appear for IBSAT-2016 scheduled in the month of December or can apply with a valid GMAT (onwards) / CAT / NMAT by GMAC TM score.
- The students who are shortlisted based on IBSAT / GMAT (from onwards) / CAT / NMAT by GMACTM score will be called for selection process at IBS Hyderabad.
- MBA / PGPM: 17 – 26 February, 2017
- Ph.D applicants: IBS Alumni/M.Phil degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC Net are exempted from IBSAT. These candidates have to submit the relevant certificates for verification.
2) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin)?
- Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin) may be purchased either through Online or Offline mode as follows. The cost of the Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin) is Rs 1800/-
- Online registration for the programs is available on :- (www.admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat/registration).
- After successful transaction, candidates will receive a mail with details of application number and password.
Offline Application Vouchers are available at
- IBS Marketing Branches - For nearest branches you may visit the website :- (http://www.ibsindia.org/contact_us/).
- On purchase of Application Voucher you will receive a scratch card containing application number and password.
3) What is the eligibility criterion for IBSAT ?
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks (as calculated by respective University) with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May
4) What is the procedure after the purchase of Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin)?
- Candidates have to download the instructions for filling the online application form.The application guidelines are available on the Official Website.
- Candidates have to log in with application number as login id and password using the Official link and fill the application form.
- For Offline applicants, the application number and the password are available on the scratch card.
- For Online applicants, upon successful payment (Rs.1800), candidates will receive a mail giving details of application number and password.
- IBSAT Bulletin will be dispatched to the candidates within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
5) In case of queries on MBA / PGPM program whom do I contact?
For any queries on MBA / PGPM, you may contact on the following address, email and telephone numbers:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta
Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone: + 91-40-2344 0963;
Toll Free No: 1800 425 55 66 77
6) How will the candidates be selected?
The shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the IBS selection process, which will be done in following stages:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
7) Where can I get information on Programs and Admission Process of IBS?
- The details are available on the website.
- On filling the online application, you will receive a copy of the IBSAT bulletin containing all the details about the institution, programs and processes. It will be sent within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
8) My result for CAT/GMAT/NMAT will be announced in January , can I still apply?
Yes, the candidate will have to apply before January 31. However, such candidates can update their score online on or before January 31.
9) What should be the size and resolution of photograph to be uploaded in the application form?
- The candidates must upload a color photograph- full face till the shoulders in JPEG and GIF format.
- The size of photograph should not exceed 25 KB and should be approximately 140-160 pixels.
10) Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 2year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad.
- 4year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad.
- 4year Ph. D program (Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad.
- 2year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur.
11) What is the fee structure for the programs at IBS?
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce a domicile certificate from the Tahsildar / MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
12) Is there any management quota of seats available?
There is no management quota or NRI quota.
13) I have the scores of NMAT by GMAC™, can I apply for admission in IBS?
Yes, Apart from IBSAT entrance examination, students can get admission in IBS through CAT/GMAT/NMAT by GMAC scores.
14) I am in the final year of my graduation, can I apply for IBSAT ?
Applicants in the final year of graduation can also apply. They must ensure that they submit their graduation requirements (including practical examinations/viva/assignments) before May 31. The admission of such candidates will remain provisional until they submit their mark sheets and degree certificates to prove their eligibility.
15) What is the last date to apply for IBSAT ?
The last date to apply for IBSAT 2016 is first week of December.
16) What will be the mode of IBSAT examination and what will be the duration of exam?
IBSAT is a computer based test. It will be of 2 hours duration.
17) Is there any financial assistance for IBS Programs?
The candidates selected for IBS Programs avail educational loans from Public / Private Sector Banks. The maximum loan amount provided by the bank is Rs.10 to 15 Lakhs for programs in India. The loan amount will be disbursed by the bank as per the fee schedule.
The list of banks where the students have availed educational loans in the past are:-
Private Sector Banks & Financial Institutions:-
2.CREDILLA Financial Services
3.AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
Public Sector Banks:-
A.State Bank of India
B.Punjab National Bank
D.Oriental Bank of Commerce
E.Bank of Baroda
G. Central Bank of India
H.State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
I.State Bank of Hyderabad
J.Bank of Maharashtra
K.Bank of India
18) Will the students be provided with the Laptops?
No, Laptops are not provided to students. The students are expected to bring their own Laptops when reporting at the campus.
19) When is IBSAT held?
The IBSAT computer based test will be held from Second week of December to Last week of December.
20) What will be the exam structure of IBSAT?
The IBSAT entrance examination will have four sections, which are as follow –
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
21) Is there any minimum percentile needed to appear for IBSAT ?
A candidate should have a graduation degree, passed with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
22) When will I get my IBSAT Admit Card?
The date for issuance of the admit card is yet to be announced. The admit card will be issued in the 2nd week of December .
23) If I have scored less than 50% in my graduation; am I eligible for the test?
No. If you have less than 50% marks in graduation then you are not eligible to write IBSAT.
24) When will the result of IBSAT be declared?
The IBSAT result will be declared on first week of January .
25) What is Selection Briefings?
The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS. Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from January 20 – January 30.
26) Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
Hostel facility is not available at IBS campuses (except at IBS Hyderabad). However campus administration will assist the students in getting a suitable off campus accommodation near by the campus. The living expenses in these cities vary from Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000 per month.
At IBS Hyderabad:-
- The MBA program: Residential program. The students will be allotted non-A/c Single rooms with common wash room facility. The accommodation and mess expenses have to be borne by the student.
- Ph.D (Full Time): Single accommodation will be provided. Married students may opt to stay outside the campus.
27) Am I eligible to appear for IBSAT, if I have completed my graduation in Hindi medium?
The candidates who have completed their graduation in Hindi medium will be required to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS scores by May 31, to be considered eligible for examination.
28) What does the selection process comprises of?
The selection process comprises of the following stages: Registration Briefing Group Discussion Personal interview .
29) In cases of any queries or assistance with bank loans you may contact?
Dr. P Venkateswarlu
Financial Aid Cell
30) When is the selection process conducted?
- Selection process for the MBA / PGPM Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from February 17–26, .
- Selection process for the Ph.D Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from March 18-20.
31) In case of queries on Ph.D Program whom do I contact?
For any queries on Ph.D Program, you may contact the following person:
Dr. Sindhuja Menon
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place