How to Prepare
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) 2017 Question Paper Format
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) 2017 News and Updates
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam is conducted for the selection of candidates for admission to the Marine Engineering, B.Sc. Nautical Sciences other similar programmes. Selection Process: Apart from the educational qualifications, it is also necessary for you to qualify ...Read more
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) 2017
Indian Institute of Maritime studies Entrance Exam acronym as IIMSEE is held for the selection of Candidate for admission 4-year Marine Engineering Degree at Institute Of Maritime Studies. Admission through Online Entrance Examination, followed by Interviews, Psychometric Test, and Medical Test.
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) 2017 Conducting Body
Institute Of Maritime Studies Conducted Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE). Institute of Maritime Studies, Goa believe in training students to serve on board Foreign Going ships in the Merchant Navy as Marine Engineers. In the process, they become valuable assets of our country. As they become part of Indian merchant navy they are taught to be ambassadors of our country and make all of us proud of their hard work, sincerity and devotion to their profession.
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) Contact Details
|Address||THE DIRECTOR INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES ISBT COMPLEX BOGDA ,VASCO-DA-GAMA GOA – 403 802|
|Phone no||0832 -2520986, 2520614|
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE) FAQ
1) Is entrance examination compulsory? Is there any other way of admissions?
Yes, all candidates have to appear in the selection entrance compulsorily. We do not permit any other way of joining the pre sea courses.
2) Are you promising any coaching faculty for the entrance examinations?
Not for the written. However, we call those qualified in written for guiding in an interview.
3) My D.O.B. is different in my Passport and school college certificates. What should I do?
Correct the DOB in Passport.
4) How many times do you conduct admissions in one year?
Once per year.
5) My college has given the score in CAGR, what should I do?
You have to apply the formula and convert your score to the percentage. The conversion formula must be printed on the reverse of the original mark sheet. If it is not printed, then it needs to be certified by the college Principal.
6) When will the Hall tickets be issued?
Hall tickets start getting issued from the second week of July in order of applications received and dates available for examination at the examination centre of candidates’ choice. In all cases, we make an effort to dispatch Hall tickets by email at least 7 days before the test date.
7) Is there any Management Quota?
There is no Management Quota against additional fee payment. However, children of the soil of the employees of our major training centres can get the nomination for selection. These candidates have to do well in the written papers to get called for the Interview like any other candidate.
8) Is there any reservation for SC/ST/Defence personnel?
There is no reservation of seats in IMS Goa.
9) I have applied for the test, before completion of Degree/ Diploma, and if I fail in Degree / Diploma and cannot appear for the on line test, will my fees be refunded?
Yes, all your fees will be refunded provided you send an email to the Institute stating that you have failed and send a scanned copy of your result sheet before generation of Admit Cards.
10) Can I join the course if I have spectacles?
6/6 or 6/12 in each eye or 6/18 in one eye and 6/9 in other eyes without glasses WITH NO COLOUR BLINDNESS by Ishihara chart (you have to ask your ophthalmologist –eye specialist).
NOTE: PARTIAL COLOUR BLINDNESS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. If, you have a number which is higher, after selection you can plan for vision correction under the advice of your Doctor.
11) What are requirements of medical fitness?
Body Mass Index < 25. After selection candidate has to undergo a medical examination as required by Company/Institute approved doctor.
12) Is Tattoo on the body a disqualification?
A tattoo should not be visible when wearing the uniform.
13) Can female candidates apply in IMS Goa?
At present we do not have hostel facilities for female candidates and hence we are not accepting applications from female candidates.
14) What is the percentage marks required in English?
50% marks in Xth std or XII std or in Degree/Diploma.
15) Please explain the rule for English Marks?
D.G. Shipping requires a candidate to have 50% or more in English in ANY ONE of the following: Class X OR Class XII OR Diploma OR Degree. Hence, you need NOT have 50% and above in all of these.
16) I have appeared in backlogs in my Degree/Diploma course and am expecting results in August or later – can I apply?
Yes, you can apply. Fill ‘RA’ in spaces for semester marks. All marks must be available for issuance of Admission letter, if selected, by October 2nd week.
17) Does the Institute help with Educational Loan?
Yes. The Institute issue letter to Bank stating that you are selected to join the pre sea course.
18) What is the bank limit for Educational Loan?
Nationalised Banks give loan up to 7.5 lacs without a guarantor. Parents have to be co-borrowers.
19) What baggage/personal belongings should I bring when I join the course?
The course fee includes boarding & lodging, uniforms, uniform shoes, helmets, boiler suits, safety shoes. Bedding is provided by us.
20) What are the job opportunities after this training?
Even though the shipping industry is passing through a stump, in world trade at the moment, the Institute has managed to find placements for all the passed out students. Some placements get delayed from time to time also.
21) How can a student get sponsored before or after the course?
A student may seek direct employment or sponsorship before joining the course but he must satisfy the written test and other selection criteria. You are advised to seek sponsorship from companies holding a Recruitment and Placement Services License (RPSL) issued by D. G. Shipping.