How to Prepare
JMIEE M.Tech 2017 Question Paper Format
JMIEE M.Tech 2017 News and Updates
Jamia Milia Islamia conducts entrance test every year for the admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) course. The candidates can check the selection and counselling procedure here. Selection Procedure: - The mode of selection for the non sponsored candidates & Sponsored candidates will ...Read more
JMIEE M.Tech 2017
Jamia Millia Islamia University has invited applications from various candidates to apply for M.Tech postgraduate Programme. Every year, Jamia conducts an entrance test to provide admission to eligible candidates into M.Tech course offered by the university.
- M.Tech.(Computer Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Control & Instrumentation Systems)
- M.Tech.(Earthquake Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Electrical Power System & Management)
- M.Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Environmental Science & Engineering) (Part-time)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Machine Design, Thermal Engg., Production and Industrial Engg.)
- M.Tech.(Nanotechnology) (Self-financed)
JMIEE M.Tech 2017 Conducting Body
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University conducts an entrance test for M.Tech. courses. Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi—offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas—is a saga of dedication, conviction, and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice,” said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India.
JMIEE M.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
JMIEE M.Tech FAQ
1) How should I apply for Admissions to Jamia Millia Islamia?
Every year the University advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of Jamia.
2) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 700 .
3) Which modes the payment can be done?
1.The fee may be paid either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or through E-Challan generated during the filling up of form online. In case of E-Challan the fee may be paid in any of the branches of Indian Bank.
2.The Application Fee once received successfully at JMI’s end is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
3.The JMI shall only refund the Application Fee in cases of failed transactions identified at JMI’s end.
4.A candidate is allowed to submit only ONE form for each program/group of programs (With Combined Entrance Test). Multiple submissions of form for the same program by a candidate may cause rejection of his/her candidature.
5.In case of submission of Online form through Cyber Cafe, the candidate is also advised to get the form filled in his/her presence and provide his/her contact information such as email and mobile number wherever required.
4) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of June.
5) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of June (onwards). You will have to log onto the JMI website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
6) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
7) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
8) I had already registered for JMI. Why should I apply again for admissions?
It is necessary to apply for admissions separately with the marks obtained in 12th exam and also giving your preferences to different degree programmes, along with the requisite application fee.
9) Where is the JMI exam held?
The JMI exam is held in various major cities of India.
10) What is the eligibility criteria for Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-M.tech.?
- First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Manufacturing and Automation Engineering from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Engg/Instrumentation) or equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks from a recognized University.
- The candidate having valid GATE Score will be preferred. However, at the moment, no scholarship is available under this category.
Stream wise eligibility are:-
- M.Tech (Environmental Science & Engineering): The Candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Mining, Agricultural Engineering or equivalent degree, with minimum 60% marks from a recognized marks.
- M.Tech (Electrical Power System and Management): The Candidate should has a degree of Bachelor’s in Electrical with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
- M.Tech (Control and Instrumentation system)The candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Electrical, Instrumentation and Control or Electronics & Communication Engineering with minimum 60% marks from a recognized University.
- M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering/Machine Design/Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering): The Candidate should have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engg., Production Engineering, Automobile Engg., Manufacturing and Automation Engg.
- M.Tech (Earthquake Engineering): The candidate should have a degree of Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with not less than 60% marks.
- M.Tech (Nanotechnology- Self Financed): Those candidates who have the degree of M. Sc. In Physics / Chemistry /Electronics/ Material Science / Electronic /Instrumentation with not less than 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible to apply for M.Tech (Nanotechnology).
11) What is Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-M.Tech. ?
Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMIEE)-M.Tech is given below:-
Test component(strike off,if not applicable)
Test Duration(in minutes)
Objective/multiple choice questions
12) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,0.25 marks for the wrong answer.
13) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
14) I am a General class candidate and got less than 50% (in the range of 40-50%) in my graduation and 55% (in the range of 50-60%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for JMI M.Tech Entrance Exam?
No,you are not allowed.
15) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 60% marks altogether.
16) I am doing B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering or Computer science and engineering or Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
Aeronautical engineering or Computer science and engineering BTech graduates are eligible for MTech Nanotechnology and Renewable energy. Thermal Engineering/Production and Industrial Engineering BTech graduates are eligible for M Tech Mechanical Engineering courses.
17) What is the duration of these M.Tech courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
18) Any evening batch for this M.Tech courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this MTech courses.
19) I have a consolidated 55% marks in my B.Tech/ or B.Pharm/ or MBBS/ or BDS degree. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
No. Students should get minimum of 60% marks (consolidated) during their degree program.
20) When are JMIEE(M.Tech)Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
21) For how long do the JMIEE(M.Tech) Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
JMIEE(M.Tech) Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
22) What are the specializations offered in Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University for M.Tech?
Various M.Tech branches offered by the JMI University are -
- M.Tech.(Environmental Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Electrical Power System & Management)(EPSM)
- M.Tech.(Control and Instrumentation System)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Machine Design)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Thermal Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Production & Industrial Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Earthquake Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Computer Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering).
23) What is the Selection process after appearing for JMIEE(M.Tech)?
The mode of selection for the non sponsored candidates will be as follows:
- All the applications received will be short-listed (up to thrice the number of seats available) on the basis of performance in GATE and Marks of the qualifying exam, with a relative weightage of 70 marks for the GATE Score and 15 marks for the qualifying exam.
- The short listed candidates will be subjected to an interview with a weightage of 15 marks. The selection will be made on the basis of final marks obtained. (Final score sheet will be out of 100).
- Sponsored candidates for the full time programme will be selected on the basis of the final marks obtained with a relative weightage of 85 marks for the qualifying exam and 15 marks for the interview(Final score sheet will be out of 100).
24) Are distance-learning courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia?
The University offers "Urdu Correspondence Course" as a distance learning course.
25) Is there a central telephone number for enquiries?
One may contact at the telephone number +91 (11) 26981717.
26) What help is there for finding accommodation for staff and students?
The University has limited accommodation for the staff which is allotted as per the norms laid down by the University. However the University has a guest house where those coming for academic visits may stay for a short duration. For boys there are four hostels with limited number of seats and for girls there is only one hostel. In addition to this, there is one Working Women's Hostel also.
27) What conferences facilities are available in Jamia Millia Islamia?
The Jamia Millia Islamia has Dr. M. A. Ansari Auditorium with a capacity of more than 500 persons.
28) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Controller of Examinations, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.
29) How is seat allocation done for Jamia Millia Islamia (M.tech)?
- As per the AICTE norms, 10 non-sponsored candidates (5 Half time assistance ship and 5 Non-assistance ship) and 5 sponsored candidates can be admitted to the M.Tech course.
- 25% of seats in all courses will be filled by internal students of Jamia, who have passed the qualifying examination from Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions.
- Reservation of seats and relaxation of qualifications for SC/ST candidates and Physically handicapped will be as per Government of India rules.
- Supernumerary Seats: A few seats, not exceeding 15% of the full-time total intake of the M.Tech programme, over and above the normal intake, may be provided to foreign Students/NRIs, provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission as per the requirements of the M.Tech programme, from a recognized University/Board.