How to Prepare
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) 2017 Question Paper Format
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) 2017
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology university will conduct an entrance examination which is Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination-KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology). The examination is abbreviated as KIITEE. KIITEE - KIIT University Own National Level Entrance Examination to be conducted across 15 cities in India. It’s a computer-based test. Based on the scores obtained in the Examination, candidates will be called for GD/PI.
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) 2017 Conducting Body
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology university conducted KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology). KIIT started as a modest vocational education institute in 1992 in rented premises in Bhubaneswar. By 1997 (considered as the base year) it commenced graduate programs in Engineering and postgraduate programs in Computer Applications and Management. The excellent academic ambiance, quality faculty, adherence to strict academic rigor and the plethora of other academic activities led to a grant of university status to the institute by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in the year 2004 just within six years (1997-2004) of its inception.
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) Contact Details
|Address||Director Admissions Admission Cell (Koel Campus), KIIT University, P.O.-KIIT, Bhubaneswar-751024 Odisha, India.|
|Phone no||0674-2742103, 2741747|
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) FAQ
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
3) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the official website , click on the reprint application form tab.
4) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the official website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
5) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the official website , click on the application status .
6) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
7) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
8) 8.Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the official website , click on the kiitee read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
9) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
10) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for KIITEE (M.Sc.(Biotechnology)&M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology)) Program?
Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary / Engineering / Technology / Medicine (MBBS/BDS) with at least 55% marks.
12) I have finished my graduation a few years ago. Am I eligible for the KIIT course?
Yes you are eligible, but a short write up on your activities since then will be requested at the time of the interview.
13) Is there an age limit for the course?
Candidate should have been born on or after 01.07.1993.
14) How many questions will there be?
There will be a total of 120 questions.
15) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
16) For how long is the KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) score valid?
The KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) score is valid for just one year.
17) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Reservation Category :-
- Scheduled Caste (SC) :- 15% Seats
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) :- 7.5% Seats
- Physically Challenged (PC) :- 3% Seats.
18) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
19) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
20) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) required for admissions?
The KIIT School Of Biotechnology, (KSBT), is the biotechnology wing of KIIT University. It is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
21) What about Placement facilities in School of Biotechnology (KIIT University)?
KSBT has a very active training & placement cell looking after mentoring of students and enabling them to plan for their future career. A team consisting of a full time coordinator, faculties, student representatives drive this vibrant cell. This team provides exposure to the students on wide array of jobs available in the sector of Biotechnology and allied areas in industries, institutions and organizations in India and abroad
On campus and off campus respective companies conduct interviews for selected candidates. Several leading Biotech Companies, pharmaceutical companies, bioinformatics firms, bioprocess corporations, Food & Beverages industries, clinical research etc are some of the fields where students are selected according to their interest and abilities. Students are regularly informed of any on or off campus interview by email so that students can willingly apply for desired jobs.
22) Do all students get hostel facilities?
All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls with round-the-clock wireless internet and intranet connectivity.
About 30% of the hostel rooms are air conditioned. All the hostels have attached canteens serving good quality
Indian and Continental foods. A dedicated international hostel accommodates foreign students. Each hostel has
24-hour reading room and facility for indoor and outdoor games.
23) What is the intake capacity of KIIT University?
30 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) Course.
24) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
25) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.