How to Prepare
UPSEE 2017 Question Paper Format
UPSEE 2017 News and Updates
Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) has declared the result of the first round of seat allotment on the basis of UPSEE 2017. Candidates who applied for the counselling can check the result on the official website of UPSEE. The seat allocation has broadly been done on the basis of ...Read more
The registration of Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) 2017 counselling will begin on June 19, 2017. Application number and password are mandatory to register for the counselling. Only the candidates who cleared UPSEE 2017 examination for the admission to engineering and management ...Read more
One can achieve anything with sincere efforts, hard work and dedication. These key factors made Prakhar Bindal as the topper of UPSEE 2017 examination conducted by AKTU. UPSEE stands for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University or AKTU conducts this ...Read more
Dr. Abdul Kalam Technical University has released the admit card for Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination or UPSEE 2017 on the official website of UPSEE. Admit card was expected to be released at 11:00 AM on April 7, 2017. However, after a slight delay, the varsity has released the admit ...Read more
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University or AKTU as it is popularly known has enabled the facility to make changes or rectify errors in the UPSEE 2017 application form. All the candidates who have applied for the engineering exam can make changes in their applications in the online mode ...Read more
UPSEE is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam. AKTU organizes UPSEE for UG and PG admissions in colleges affiliated to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. Admission to engineering, architecture, pharmacy, hotel management and catering technology, fashion and apparel design, fine arts, management is on basis of this exam.
UPSEE 2017 Conducting Body
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University, is a public university in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh set up by the government of Uttar Pradesh.Uttar Pradesh Technical University [UPTU] conducts the UPSEE . test for those of you wanting admission in various colleges within Uttar Pradesh. If you wish to get admissions for MBA, MAM, MCA, B.pharm, B.Tech, B.Arch, BFAD, BFA, BHMCT courses you should opt for the UPSEE exam. The U.P. Technical University of Lucknow invited applications for MBA admissions for new academic sessions at its main academy and at various other allied institutes and colleges. According to the university's website, it is the biggest technical university in Asia. It had approximately 800 colleges affiliated to it.The university is on the IET Lucknow campus. Additionally, the university had a Centre and Regional Office in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, which was retained by Mahamaya Technical University.
UPSEE Contact Details
|Address||Registrar U.P. Technical University, IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow – 226 021 (U.P)|
|Phone no||0522 – 2732193|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is UPSEE Examination? It is conducted by whom ?
UPSEE is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam conducted by UPTU. UP State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is being held for admission to engineering, architecture, pharmacy, management and other courses. Uttar Pradesh technical university state Entrance examination (UPSEE) and these examinations are conducted in the field of Engineering (B.tech), Pharmacy, architecture, hotel management, Fashion and apparel designing technology, and also for various post graduate courses such as MCA/ MBA in various government, Aided, and private unaided institutions affiliated to UP technical university.
2) What are the important precautions that should be taken while filling On-Line Application Form?
(i)The applicant is supposed to fill up the form very carefully. It is advised that before filling the form, one should read the Information Brochure thoroughly.
(ii)Note down the APPLICATION FORM NUMBER displayed on the screen after Step 1.
(iii)Please do remember the PASSWORD chosen by you.
(iv)Give your Personal MOBILE PHONE NUMBER only.
(v)Take Print-out of CONFIRMATION PAGE.
3) What are the other ways of filling the UPSEE Form other than On-Line Application through Internet ?
On-Line Application is the only way for applying to UPSEE through website http://www.upsee.nic.in. There is no other way of applying to UPSEE.
4) What should Where are UPES courses offered? The University courses are offered at Dehradun (Uttarakhand) . I do if size of image of my photograph exceeds maximum limit of 100 KB?
Refer to Brochure and see if your images are within maximum size limit and in proper format (JPEG). You may try reducing resolution a little bit but not much if size exceeds maximum limit.
5) Do I have to send the Confirmation Page to the University ?
No. The candidate is NOT required to send the copy of Confirmation Page or any other document to the University at this stage. Although, candidate is required to keep preserved at least one copy of the Confirmation Page for record and future communication.
6) What enclosures should I attach with confirmation page while sending to the University?
Confirmation Page is NOT required to be sent to the University.
7) I have lost my “Confirmation Page”. What should I do ?
You can take fresh print out of the confirmation page through your Login using Your APPLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD at the Offical website.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on last week of April.
9) How should I get my Admit Card ?
The admit card can be downloaded from the Offical website through link “Download Admit Card”. Link will become active after 8th April on the Offical website.
10) Should I submit Color photograph or Black & white.
The candidate is required to submit/ upload Color photograph as per specification is given in the Brochure.
11) I have submitted photograph which does not bear my name on the lower side of the photgraph and I have made final submission of the form. Can I change my photograoph ?
No, you cannot change. The candidate has been given an opportunity to review and correct information as many times as he wants before finally submitting it. Once an application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed.
12) I am unable to fill up the On Line Application Form, what should I do ?
In case you are facing problem in filling the application form online, you should contact to Helpline at toll-free Number 1800-180-0161.
13) I have submitted my application form. I want to make some corrections in the form after Final Submission. Can I correct my application form?
The candidate has been given the opportunity to review the form and correct information including photograph as many times as he wants before finally submitting it. Once the application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed. Although, the candidates will get a chance to modify some selected entries of the Application Form between March 28 to March 30.
14) I belong to General Category but I have chosen reserved category during form submission by mistake and have made final submission of the form. Can I correct my application form?
Candidate has been given opportunity to review the form and correct information as many times as he want before finally submitting it. Once application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed.
15) I was filling up the On-Line Application Form. During the filling, the browser window was suddenly closed by mistake. Now I am unable to login to the website. What should I do?
Please clear the Browsing History of your Browser and then Re-Login using your credential APPLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD.
16) I have forgotten my PASSWORD. What should I do ?
Please go to the website and follow the link “Forgot Password” at the Login page. Proceed using either option A: Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling or Option B: Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile Number. After providing certain personal information, you shall be able to set New Password.
17) I have forgotten my APPLICATION NUMBER. What should I do ?
Please follow the link “Forgot Application No.” on the Login Page. Your Application Number will be sent on your registered Mobile Number.
18) Do I need to complete entire process of Application filling and submission in one go ?
Not necessary. After Completion of One Step, you may Log Out and next Step of application process can be completed at different time by using your login credentials APLLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD.
19) What is the mode of conduction of UPSEE Examination ?
Online or Computer based examination.
20) What will be the medium of Online UPSEE examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
21) What are the various Eligibility Norms of UPSEE Programme ?
For admission to first year of MBA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, a candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate.
22) What is Exam Pattern for UPSEE ?
- The test was held in Online format.
- There were 100 objective type questions in the paper carrying a total of 400 marks.
- The candidates were given 2 hours only to attempt these questions.
- There will be four sections in the exam:
- Part A: Test of proficiency in English Language
- Part B: Test of Numerical Aptitude
- Part C: Test of Speed and Accuracy of Thinking and decisions making
- Part D: Knowledge of current affairs
- The candidates can refer to the table below for having more clarity about the test pattern:-
Thinking and Decision Making
Total Duration:- 2 hours
23) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
No, There is no Negative Marking.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
26) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
27) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
28) None of my parents (neither Father nor Mother) is domicile of UP. Am I eligible to appear in UPSEE ?
A. If you have passed qualifying examination from UP then you are eligible as UPGE candidates (Clause 8.1 of Information Brochure).
B. (i)If you have passed qualifying examination from outside UP then you may apply in UPSEE in one of the following TWO ways.
If you belong to GDDA category and you are able to produce Certificate No. 11 given in appendix-D of the Information Brochure [ie. Father/Mother of the Candidate is employee of UP Cadre of All India Service. GDDA Candidates are treated equivalent to UPGD Category candidates for all benefits.
29) I have passed qualifying examination from outside UP. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
No. Rural Weightage is admissible only to those candidates who have passed qualifying examination from UP.
30) I belong to UPGE category. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
Yes. If you have passed qualifying examination from rural area of UP.
31) I have claimed reservation category in my application. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weightage is NOT admissible with reservation category.
32) I am diploma holder. I wish to apply for lateral entry seats. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weightage is admissible for admission on First year seats. It is not admissible for lateral entry admission. Rural weightage is admissible with UPGE category candidates only .
33) I am a graduate. I wish to apply for MBA/MCA/MAM courses. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weight age is NOT admissible for admission in PG courses such as MBA/MCA/MAM courses.
34) When are UPSEE Results Out ?
Results will be available on the website last week of May.
35) When will I get the Score card ?
The candidates will receive the score card after one month of the test.
36) For how long is the UPSEE score valid ?
The UPSEE score is valid for just one year.
37) Will the results be available online ?
Yes, on UPSEE University Offical website.
38) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges ?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
39) Is UPSEE result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
40) I don’t have rank card, but I remember my Roll no & Rank. What should I do now ?
- Download your rank card fromthe official web page .
- In case of any difficulty Contact DV & CC Center In- charge.
41) charge. Is it possible to lock seat choices as per my Merit/ Rank ?
Yes. You will get an opportunity to lock any seat as per your merit/rank during seat choice locking process.
42) Is it necessary to carry original mark sheet of Qualifying examination or marks will be verified from photocopy of mark-sheet ?
No. It’s necessary to carry original mark sheet of qualifying examination. Marks will be verified from the original mark sheet only. You must produce original mark sheet at the time og document verification.
43) Is it possible to appear in counselling without qualifying the UPSEE ?
No. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the further processes.
44) What are the documents do I need to carry at the time of counselling ?
a) Original Certificates of Qualifying Examination
c) Rural Weightage Certificate
d) Domicile and Category/ Reservation Certificates etc.