- How is BITS Pilani Placement Process Carried Out?
- BITS Pilani Placements 2022 Report
- Top Recruiters During BITS Pilani Placements 2022
- BITS Pilani Placements 2022: Company-wise PPOs
- BITS Pilani Summer Internship 2022 Placement
- BITS Pilani Alumni Network
- BITS Pilani Placement CSE
- Why BITS Pilani Placements are so high and in demand?
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
BITS Pilani Placements and Salary Packages: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, often known as BITS Pilani, is one of India's most prestigious engineering universities, with good job possibilities for engineering students. According to BITS Pilani placements reports, the average annual salary offered at the BITS Pilani campus placement drive 2022 was INR 28.99 lakhs. A total of 357 students received full-time job offers from a reputable organization, while 287 received pre-placement offers also. Students who graduate from Birla Institute of Technology and Science campuses have a lot of options for their future and jobs therefore, many students participate in the BITSAT exam to give their career kick start soon after graduation.
BITS conducts its placement cycle in two parts, with around half of the final year cohort in August and the balance in January, with the highest CTC standing at INR 16 LPA and the average CTC standing at INR 9.05 LPA during the 2021 placement drive. The institute also holded a summer internship placement drive for the class of 2022, with 497 candidates receiving internship offers.
Read the full article to get details on BITS Pilani placements and salary packages.
How is BITS Pilani Placement Process Carried Out?
Before diving into the statistics and data of placements records let's understand how the placement process is carried out in the BITS Pilani campus. BITS Pilani placements are very efficient in order to keep the recruiting process easy for both students and recruiters. The following is a step-by-step procedure:
- The BITS Pilani placement cell contacts the recruiters two months before the placements schedule
- Companies provide the relevant information to them using a Job Announcement form
- Before extending a formal invitation to the companies and employer, the college placement authorities analyze the prerequisites
- Then, both employers and college authorities reach an agreement on a mutually convenient day and time for the presentation and selection procedure.
- The BITS Pilani placement cell asks the students to apply for the position at least a week before the visit
- In the BITS Pilani placements process, the college authorities supply important information about candidates to the recruiters
- The employer verifies the placement visit plans once again a week before the scheduled visit date
- The placement in charge reserve rooms for the company at the campus guesthouse
- College authorities secure a presentation hall and delegate campus logistics to a student volunteer
- Then, the BITS Pilani placement cell will announce the list of selected candidates once it has been finalized by the recruiters
- Lastly, the offer letter is signed by the students, and a copy is forwarded to the recruiters and employers
Quick Link: Top B.Tech colleges with 100% placements
Important Features of the BITS Pilani Placements 2022 Process
Being one of the top engineering colleges in India the BITS Pilani colleges placement process is well organized and prepares students beforehand only. Some of the salient features of the BITS Pilani placements process that you be aware of are:
- There are no registration fees to apply for the in-campus BITS Pilani placement
- There are rooms equipped with LCD projectors and laptops for conducting pre-placement interviews to prepare students for the real-time BITS Pilani placements
- There are additional rooms for aptitude testing, group talks, and interviews also
- A dedicated team of placement committee volunteers works to simplify logistics and any other concerns associated to campus assignments
BITS Pilani Placements 2022 Report
The BITS Pilani 2022 placement has been conducted. In the BITS Pilani placement 2022 around 975 students were offered jobs option 2022, with 71.83% of them being placed as of now. The BITS Pilani highest package in the placement drive 2022 was INR 1.33 CPA, while the average CTC was INR 28.99 LPA. Walmart, Service Now, DE Shaw, Microsoft, and Google were among the top recruiters that took part in the BITS Pilani placements drive 2022 and good salary packages and jobs to the students
Placement Statistics (2020-21)
Placement Statistics (2021-22)
BITS Pilani Highest CTC
INR 16 LPA
INR 1.33 CPA
BITS Pilani Average CTC
INR 9.05 LPA
INR 28.99 LPA
BITS Pilani Top Recruiters
De Shaw, Amazon, Flipkart
Microsoft, Walmart, Service Now
No. of Students Placed
Percentage of Students Placed
No. of Companies Participated
No. of Offers
329 (Till August)
Top Recruiters During BITS Pilani Placements 2022
The BITS Pilani placements are known for its top recruiters and multinational organization that comes on campus for selecting qualified students and offers them a reputable job in their companies. Following are the top recruitment companies that offered the most BITS Pilani placements 2022 are-
- DE Shaw
- JP Morgan
- IT Space
BITS Pilani Placements 2022: Company-wise PPOs
A Pre-Placement Offer (PPO) is a job offer made prior to the start of Placement Week. It frequently follows an internship, the outcome of which is an early employment offer. PPOs are only granted to individuals who demonstrate extraordinary achievement throughout the internship. In the BITS Pilani 2022 placements drive, Microsoft (52) offered the highest PPOs, followed by Servicenow (51). The table below shows the company-wise PPOs of BITS Pilani placements 2022.
No. of PPOs (students hired in 2022)
No. of PPOs (students hired in 2021)
Quick Link: Engineering courses of new age India
BITS Pilani Summer Internship 2022 Placement
The BITS Pilani also offers summer internship opportunities to its students. During the BITS Pilani summer internship placement drive 2022, around 173 students were offered pre-placement opportunities, while 409 students were offered internship opportunities. The following are the top recruiters of BITS Pilani summer internship 2022
- DE Shaw
BITS Pilani Summer Internship 2022: Highest and Average Stipened
Highest Stipend offered in summer internship
Average Stipend offered in summer internship
Quick Link: BITSAT College Predictor
BITS Pilani Alumni Network
BITS Pilani college’s alumni network gets employed at top firms around the country, including Google, Microsoft, and Adobe. Following are the details about the BITS Pilani alumni network.
NSS - BITS Pilani
Quick Link: BITSAT Cutoff
BITS Pilani Placement CSE
According to a recent BITS placement report, the average salary for a CSE graduate from the BITS Pilani Campus is around 18 LPA, excluding offshore earnings. BITS Pilani placements CSE are generally excellent. However, it is also dependent on the campus. It is usually the highest for Pilani.
Why BITS Pilani Placements are so high and in demand?
The BITS Pilani offers fruitful placements to its students. Following are the major reasons why BITS Pilani placements are so high and offer lucrative salary packages and opportunities in multinational corporations.
Strict student selection: All BITS Pilani students are admitted to the institute after exhibiting their ability in school and then again at the BITSAT exam. BITS Pilani believes in awarding solely merit, hence there are no quotas.
BITS Pilani Faculty and curriculum of the highest calibre: Over 85% of their faculty members hold PhDs and are active in research and journal publishing. The college’s curriculum is continually updated to reflect the latest technological and scientific breakthroughs that make its student well equipped with the latest knowledge, technologies, and skills which gets acknowledged in the BITS placements process.
Students with industry experience: The college’s practice school program assures that every student has worked in the sector for at least 7 months prior to graduation which offers students working exposure. The programme exposes students to real-world applications of their classroom learning and teaches them how to collaborate. The Practice School gives students the experience they need to swiftly transition to professions in the industry.
Personalities that are well-balanced: BITS Pilani is adamant about aiding students in realizing their greatest potential in all areas of interest. Soft skill development is interwoven into the classroom experience through presentation and open-ended learning components. Extracurricular activities, student-led groups, and events allow students to express themselves and build talents outside of the classroom which subsequently builds confidence among students and they perform well in the interview rounds of BITS Pilani placements.
We hope that this article on BITS Pilani placements and salary packages was helpful anf informative. For more information stay tuned to CollegeDekho.