JEE Advanced 2016 Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
- The top 2 lakh candidates of JEE Main will be eligible for appearing the JEE Advanced 2016 exams.
- The candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1991 for General and OBC – Non-Creamy layer. For SC, ST and handicapped categories the candidates must be born on or before 1st October 1996.
- The candidates can avail the JEE Advanced in two consecutive years after cracking the JEE Main.
- The JEE Advanced appearing candidates must have passed the 12th or equivalent exam in the year 2015 or 2016 in one attempt.
- Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam for the first time in 2014 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Students whose class 12th or equivalent results for the academic year 2013-14 were declared after June 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates whose admission in IITs or ISM was cancelled are also not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have secured 75% aggregate marks (for general candidate) and 75% aggregate marks (for reserved category).
- Candidates should come within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- If candidates have appeared in the 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in 2015 and wish to (or has to) reappear in 2016, should reappear in all the subjects.
JEE Advanced 2016 Application Form:
Candidates will be able to fill the Application Form to appear in JEE Advanced 2016 from April 29, 2016. They need to register online for appearing in the exam. Only those candidates can fill the application form whose scores are equal or above the JEE Main Cutoff marks specified for JEE Advanced. Also, they are required to satisfy the specified eligibility criteria before registering online.
The online registration procedure of JEE Advanced includes following three steps-
- Filling registration form
- Uploading Scanned Certificates
- Paying Registration Fee
JEE Advanced 2016 Application Fees-
|Examination centers in India
Source: Soutrik Das, City Journalist, Kolkata, CollegeDekho