Over the years, we have seen that India has drastically been shifting to the Information Technology Age. With the digitization of the nation, Computers, Internet and Social Media have gained a lot of popularity and have become an essential part of people’s life. With the advent of these technologies, demand for computer courses has also increased.
Computers have become an integral part of the corporate world and are no more categorized as the gadget that is used only by engineers. The use of computers has become widespread and is now a prominent part of all the sectors ranging from space exploration to banking, etc. Educational Institutions are coming up with advanced computer courses to cater to the skill requirements of various industries and industries.
Information technology now has a stronghold in all the sectors of India including Education, Manufacturing, Mass Media, Finance, Communication, Marketing, Entertainment, Environment, etc. Progress in any field without the assistance of IT is almost impossible as the dependence on IT courses to communicate services and products have been increasing.
As a result of this India has seen an upsurge in the IT sector and various companies have mushroomed, producing numerous jobs in this field and is one of the highest paying computer careers. Subsequent to this, the demand for skilled IT professionals has been rising in the market as IT continues to grow. Let us find out more about the aspects of this field such as preferable education, skills required, college options and job prospects.
Eligibility Criteria for IT Courses:
You have various options to foray into the IT sector as there is no specific career path that you need to follow. Bachelors’ degree is essential to grab a good job as soon as you graduate. Apart from this there are some basic qualities that can be developed over the time such as problem-solving qualities, strong logical skills, mathematics, etc. Have a look at the educational qualifications that you are going to need:
- Bachelors’ degree i.e. either BCA or B.Tech in CSE or IT.
- Training or Certificate courses in the fields of your interest add to your CV’s advantage.
- Although masters’ degree is not a compulsion but certainly adds an edge to your qualifications preferably MCA and M.Tech or ME in the same field.
- Candidates having two or more years of experience in the same field have better scope in getting good wages.
Skills Required for IT Courses:
- Candidates must be tech savvy and flexible in adopting new technologies and ways of working.
- Creativity, accuracy and ability to focus are also essential qualities that the students must have.
- Candidates must possess good communication skills and ability to work in the stressful environment.
Also Read: Career Guide to Become an Android Developer
Colleges Offering IT Courses and Similar Computer Courses:
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
- SASTRA University
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
Check complete list of Information Technology (IT) colleges in India Here
Some of the good BCA-MCA colleges:
- Amity University Lucknow
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences, Allahabad
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota
- National PG College, Lucknow
Check complete list of BCA + MCA colleges in India Here
Job Opportunities after pursuing IT Courses:
With Information Technology on an eliciting curve in India, there are various openings now that IT has also been further categorized into various fields. Networking, multi-media and the Internet/WWW are some of the job categories that have various job opportunities for students who wish to foray into IT industry. The only requirement is that technology is dynamic and keeps changing, therefore, candidates need to stay updated. Some of the biggest Indian employers in the IT industry are as follows:
- Tata Consultancy Services