The admissions in the government and private colleges of Puducherry are offered through NEET UG scorecard. So, it is compulsory to appear in the NEET written test. The registration of candidates for the 2nd round of counselling ended on August 6, 2019.
Puducherry MBBS Merit List 2019:
Based on the NEET-UG 2019 merit and Class 12 percentage of candidates, CENTAC will prepare a merit list. Firstly, CENTAC will upload the draft merit list and the candidates will have one day to file objections on the draft merit list if any. Later, CENTAC will release the final merit list of MBBS course. Candidates whose name is featured in the final merit list are eligible for the admission to MBBS course. Check the category-wise Puducherry NEET Merit List 2019 below.
About Puducherry MBBS Admissions 2019:
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) Puducherry is responsible for Puducherry MBBS Admission and Counselling Process. The admission and counselling process for MBBS course in Puducherry is online, and the government has launched a single-window portal for the admission to all professional courses including MBBS and BDS. Aspirants with a NEET-UG score in Puducherry can apply for the admission to MBBS course. All the details in this regard are elaborated below.
Puducherry MBBS Admissions 2019:
Candidates can take a look at the NEET MBBS/BDS counselling schedule in the table given below. The other remaining dates will be announced later.
Commencement of MBBS online application
June 04, 2019
Deadline to register
June 21, 2019
First round of counselling
Third week of July 2019
Second round of counselling
August 8, 2019
Mop up round of counselling
Last week of August 2019
Also Read: Chhattisgarh MBBS Admissions 2019
Puducherry MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Nationality/ Domicile Rules:
- Aspirants who wish to seek admission through CENTAC Puducherry should be an Indian citizen.
- French nationals residing in Union Territory of Puducherry as per the terms of Treaty of Cession are considered for the admission to MBBS course in Puducherry.
- Indian citizens seeking admission to MBBS course in Puducherry should be the permanent residents of Puducherry.
- If the parents of an applicant should have lived/ resided in Puducherry for at least five years as on June 01, 2019, he/ she will be considered for the admission to MBBS course.
- The candidates who have passed SSLC/ Matric examinations in any of the schools located in UT of Puducherry are eligible for the admission to MBBS course.
Age Criteria: For getting admission into the MBBS course in Puducherry, the only lower age limit of the candidates will be considered for the admission. Candidates beyond the lower age limit are not considered for the admission to MBBS course. As on December 31, 2019, the lower age limit of the candidates for getting admission in MBBS course should be 17 years.
Academic Qualifications: Qualifying National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG 2019) is mandatory for MBBS admission. Similarly, the applications must have passed Class 12 with 50% (40% for reserved and PH categories) with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects. Only these candidates will be considered eligible for MBBS admission.
Puducherry MBBS Application Process 2019:
Step I: For getting admission into MBBS course in Puducherry, the candidates must submit an online application form on the official website of CENTAC Puducherry. After opening the official website, click on Group II, which means professional courses (MBBS, BDS etc).
Step II: The dashboard page of MBBS admissions will open in a new tab, and the candidates must click on ‘Sign Up’. Enter the ‘Registered Mobile Number, E-Mail and other details to create a login account on the official website. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to complete pre-registration and login account will be created.
Step III: Login with the credentials. The online application form will be displayed on the screen. Enter the NEET-UG 2018 roll number to submit the NEET-UG 2019 score. Later, fill all the personal details carefully. It is mandatory to choose college preferences. The admission committee will reject applications with incomplete details or wrong details.
Step IV: After filling the details, upload the scanned image of passport size photograph in JPEG format. The size of the scanned image should not be less than 20kb or more than 50kb. Upload the self-attested copies of the following documents: -
- Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate
- Class 10 & Class 12 Certificates/ Mark Sheets
- Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Step V: Proceed to the payment of counselling fee after the above-mentioned steps. The counselling fee for general category is Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 500 for reserved categories.
Step VI: Take the printout of application form after successful completion of above-mentioned steps. Wait for the seat allotment results.
Puducherry MBBS Selection Process 2019:
The selection of the candidates is purely based on merit, reservation policy and admission policies of CENTAC Puducherry. Candidate’s performance in NEET is the major criterion for the seat allotment.
Also Read: Meghalaya MBBS Admissions 2019
Puducherry MBBS Counselling Process 2019:
CENTAC will initially release mock seat allotment on the official website to familiarise the candidates with the actual allotment process. Once the final seat allotment is out, the candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step I: Puducherry MBBS counselling process is online. CENTAC will release the seat allotment results on its official website within a few days after the release of final merit list. the candidates can check their seat allotment status on the official website.
Step II: Login with credentials to check the seat allotment status. The candidates will have four options from which they need to choose one. The details are mentioned below.
- Option 1: The candidates can accept the seat and refuse to participate in further allotments.
- Option 2: The candidates can accept the allotment and request for upgradation of the seat. If the seat of the candidate is upgraded in the further rounds of allotment, the seat that was allocated to the candidate earlier will be allocated to another candidate.
- Option 3: The candidates can reject the allotment and choose to take part in the further rounds of seat allotment.
- Option 4: The candidates can reject the seat and opt-out from the next rounds of seat allotment.
Step III: After accepting the seat, the candidates will be allowed to download the provisional seat allotment letter from the official website.
Step IV: After downloading the seat allotment letter, the candidates must report to the college within the stipulated date. The admission of the candidate will be confirmed if he/ she submits the original certificates to the college and deposit the course fee.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest Puducherry MBBS Admissions 2019 news and updates.