AP PGECET - Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Completing the Online Form|
|Step 3||Uploading Scan Copy of Documents|
AP PGECET 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AP PGECET 2016
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) is a State level entrance exam for getting admission in postgraduate Engineering/Technology courses. The entrance exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada on behalf of A.P.State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). AP PGECET invites applications for appearing for Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) for admission into M.E/M.Tech in University and Affiliated Engineering/Pharmacy Colleges in Andhra Pradesh state for the current academic year.
GATE/GPAT qualified candidates are also considered for admission to ME/M.Tech.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bio Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Food Technology
- Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
AP PGECET 2016 Conducting Body
JTU conducted Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET). JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) was original ‘The College of Engineering, Vishakhapatnam’ at the time of its inception in 1946. The University is spread over 110 acres, green with mango trees in the fast developing Port city of Kakinada, East coast of peninsula India. JNTUK conducts Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) for getting admission in postgraduate Engineering Technology courses.
AP PGECET Contact Details
|Address||APPGECET Ist Floor Administrative Building JNT University Kakinada Kakinada – 533003 Andhra Pradesh.|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AP PGECET FAQ
1) What is the AP PGECET ?
Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) is AP State Level Common Entrance Test for admission into Regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy (ME / M.Tech./ M.Pharmacy ), Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate) for the academic year conducted by JNTU, Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), a statutory Body of the Government of A.P.
2) Who conducting this test? And why?
Presently this test is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad. APSCHE is the higher education council that participate in various professional courses matters and conduct entrance tests for that courses in Andhra Pradesh state with the help of concerned universities.
This test is conducting because to give opportunity to all candidates to get admission directly into second year of engineering or bachelor of pharmacy courses after appearing valuable diploma courses successfully.
3) Is submission of an Online Application Form easier than a Paper Application Form?
Certainly and undoubtedly, completing an Online Application Form takes less time compared to the Paper Application Form and involves less effort. The Online submission of the Application Form will reduce the whole processing time for a student like - standing in unending queues at Andhra Bank / / Post office to purchase Paper Application form, take Demand Draft from bank, submission of completed Application form at the Regional Centers / APPGECET office, delays due to posting/receiving of Hall Tickets. Also, for the APPGECET office to work and manage is a laborious task coupled with wastage of extra, unsold Application forms and other stationary items. Over and above this, online system provides efficient & consistent Application tracking information and the ability to search the applications easily. The objective is to gradually make APPGECET a paper-free exam with the inspiration of exams like AIEEE, CEEP, APPSC, etc. SAVE PAPER and SAVE ENVIRONMENT.
4) What is the eligiblity criteria for AP PGECET ?
For M.Tech Computer Science -
- B.Tech, ECE/CSE/ M.Sc. Stats / Maths / MCA or equivalent
- M.Sc. Maths /Statistics /Physics /Electronics/ Computer Science) MCA
For M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering -
- B.Tech-ECE, B.Tech-EIE or equivalent
For M.Tech Bio-Technolgy -
- B.Tech. (BioTechnology/Chemical Engg/Food Technology/Agriculture Engg)/ B.Pharmacy/ B.Sc. (agriculture/Veterinary Sci.)BHMS, and MSc in botany, zoology, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, environmental science, Genetics, life sciences, food technology, nutrition, molecular biology, genetic engineering, immunology, chemistry.
5) I live outside Andhra Pradesh. Can I write the examination?
Candidates outside Andhra Pradesh can also write ICET Examination provided they satisfy the Eligibility Rules .
6) Where can I buy the Application form?
APPGECET , application form submission is made completely online including payment of application fee. Visit the website for more details
7) How do I apply ONLINE ?
Visit the Offical website go through the user guide thoroughly before filling the online application form.
There are two modes to pay for the application form
(i) AP Online
(ii) Debit/Credit Card)
AP Online Mode:
First the requisite fee is to be paid at the AP Online center by providing details of the candidate such as Name, Father’s Name, Mobile number, Date of Birth, SSC Hall Ticket Number and Month & Year of passing SSC. Collect the receipt and proceed for filling the online application form by visiting the website.
On the APPGECET home page click the "Apply Online" tab. Select the tab "Click here if paid through AP Online". In the new page that appears Select the payment source, enter the Transaction ID.
- The information of Mobile number, Date of Birth, SSC Hall Ticket Number and Month & Year of passing SSC should be the same as provided at the AP Online center.
- Click Proceed for the application form to appear. Keep a scaned photograph with less than 40 kb size and scanned signature ready before filling the online form. Carefully select the items as applicable to you.
Debit/ Credit Card Mode:
- Visit the website , On the APPGECET home page click the "Apply Online" tab. Select the tab "Click here to pay online through Debit/Credit card". Click "Proceed to pay the fee through payment gateway using Credit/Debit card".
- In the new page that appears select the number of tests, SSC Hall Ticket Number and Month & Year of passing SSC, Name, Father’s Name, Mobile number, Date of Birth, Category (Others/SC/ST) and card type (Visa/Master/Maestro). Click "Make Payment".
- Follow the instructions and complete the transaction. After successfully completing the transaction you can immediately proceed to fill the application form by clicking the tab "Click here to fill the application form" if you are ready with the required data such as scanned photograph (size less than 40kb) and scanned signature else the application form can be filled later after acquiring the required data. To fill the application form later, visit the website, on the PGECET home page click the "Apply Online" tab. Select the tab "Click here to pay online through Debit/Credit card".
- Click "Proceed to verify and fill the application form if already paid through Credit/Debit card".
8) If I wish to appear for more than one test which is scheduled on the same day in different sessions will I be allotted the same Test centre or different Test centres?
Generally, you will be allotted the same Test centre to appear for both the tests scheduled on the same day in different sessions.
9) What is the last date with late fee?
- Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 500/- +Registration fee & last week of April.
- Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs.2000/- +Registration fee & last week of April.
- Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs.5000/-+Registration fee & last week of April.
- Last date for receipt of applications with late fee of Rs.10,000/- +Registration fee & last week of April.
10) When will the AP PGECET results be declared?
Results will be available on the website Last week of May .
11) I qualified in AP PGECET. What should I do now?
The candidates have to keep watching their local news papers for possible Admission Notifications released by the University. Students needs to have to apply to individual universities to appear for Counselling Session where they can choose their desired college and get admission.
12) Where can I buy the Application form?
APPGECET , application form submission is made completely online including payment of application fee. Visit the website for more details.
13) Should I need to upload any certificates?
None of the certificates need to be uploaded. However, if you belong to SC / ST category then you need to bring a photocopy copy of the Caste Certificate duly attested to the examination hall.
14) What is the examination pattern of AP PGECET ?
The paper of AP PGECET - Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test examination is Offline Exam.
- This Question consists of 120 Multiple Choice Objective type questions to be answered in 120 minutes.
- The questions to be in English language only.
- The questions to be mostly from graduation level of the relevant field.
1.Engineering Mathematics common for all branches
2.Related to specific branch
Test Duration- 120 minutes
15) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
16) Is AP PGECET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
17) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
Yes, you need to upload the Photo (size < 40KB) and Signature (size < 20KB) as and when prompted by the system.
18) Should I upload any certificates?
No, you do not have to upload any certificates. However, if you belong to SC / ST category, then you need to bring a photocopy copy of the Caste Certificate duly attested to the examination hall along with a copy of filled in application form and hand it over to the invigilator.
19) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
20) Can I exchange the Transaction Id. with my friend?
No, the Transaction Id. is not TRANSFERABLE.
21) I have paid the Registration Fee, but I do not wish to take the AP PGECET exam due to unavoidable reasons. Is the Registration Fee Refundable?
No, the Registration Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
22) I have registered for the AP PGECET as I am eligible, can I transfer the already paid Registration Fee to my friend?
No, the Registration Fee cannot be TRANSFERED.
23) What if I don’t have a Mobile number?
Mobile number is a mandatory detail as your Transaction Id., Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is through the correct Mobile number you enter. Hence, if you don’t have a Mobile number enter the mobile number of your parents / guardian or close relatives / friends whom you can trust.
24) I did some mistake in filling the Online application, then how it can be change?
If there is any correction required in the data, contact the AP PGECET office or send an e-mail to the email@example.com or contact 0884-2356355.
25) I have missed to take a print of my ONLINE application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
You can take a copy by entering the Registration number and other relevant information takes a printout from the Offical Website by clicking "Print Your Filled In Application Form".
26) If I misplace my copy of the "Filled In Online Application Form", how to get another copy of it?
You can take a fresh printout of the “Filled In Online Application Form” from the website http://www.appgecet.org by giving suitable details.
27) After completing the ONLINE application process and generating printable Application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
No, after completing all the steps up to "Filled in Application Form" generation in ONLINE application process, you can only print the application form and cannot modify the data. However, if you feel there are any corrections required then you can contact the APPGECET office or send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0884-2356355.
28) When and how will I know the status of my application?
The status of your application will be known immediately. If your application is filled in completely and submitted, you will instantly get an SMS. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy will be mailed to your e-mail address.
29) Do I need to preserve the Registration ID?
Registration ID is very important information. It is very useful in any further correspondence with APPGECET office.
30) Do I need to post the application form?
No need to post the application form.
31) In Which Month Conducts APPGECET Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of May every year.
32) How much is the Registration fee for APPGECET ?
Registration fee to appear for APPGECET examination is Rs. 600 (Rs 300/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST).
33) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking .
34) If I arrive to the APPGECET Examination Hall late by 1 minute, will I be allowed to take the exam ?
The candidate aspiring for APPGECET examination will NOT BE ALLOWED into the examination hall if he/she is late by 1 minute. Hence, there is no scope for taking the exam. In view of the unwanted situations in the past, the candidates are advised to reach the Test Centre well in advance keeping in view the time required for traveling and traffic conditions.
35) For how long is the AP PGECET score valid?
TheAP PGECET score is valid for just one year.
36) What is counseling and web counseling?
The counseling is a process to verify original documents and details of qualified candidates to confirm that he/she has is genuine and not a fake. And web counseling is a online process to select candidates their desired institutes after certificate verification.
37) What is Allotment Order?
Allotment order is a admission letter that contains all admission details about candidate who obtained a seat through AP ECET. To join into concerned college the candidate must have to submit printout of this receipt to the college management.
38) How To Download My Seat Allotment Order?
The provisional seat allotment order of candidates can be downloaded from official website after web counseling option entry.
39) Is Andhra University NAAC accredited?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee (NAAC) has awarded Andhra University an A-Grade with 3.6 score. AU stands second after Jadavpur University amongst state universities and fourth among all universities in the country with JNU and HCU leading the pack. This is the third consecutive time that AU has received -Grade. On the whole, seven criteria were taken into consideration for the grading. However, it must be pointed out that AU's score did slip a notch in terms of points as it had previously scored 3.65 out of 4.
40) I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
You are advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official APICET website, Still, if you do not find an answer to your question contact the APICET office. You can also send an e-mail to the Convener.email@example.com or contact at Phone: 0891 - 2579797.
41) Who eligible to attend counseling?
Those candidates who successfully qualified APECET and get good merit rank they all can attend for certificate verification at nearest counseling center with required documents and printout of rank card, hall ticket downloaded from website.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place