Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA (BCAT - MBA - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of MBA course. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Completing the Online Form or offli...|
|Step 3||Uploading Scan Copy of Documents|
BCAT - MBA 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
BCAT - MBA 2016
Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA is an entrance examination conducted by Bharath University, Chennai for admissions into postgraduate management course - Master of Business Administration. The qualified students will be given admissions in College of Management affiliated to the Bharath University. Admission to MBA program will be on the basis of rank secured in the Bharath Common Admission Test conducted in 30 cities all over India. However, the candidate with valid GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, TANCET, CMAT score can also apply and will be considered for admission. After qualifying in the examination, common merit list is prepared and candidates will be called for counseling.
The University offers these specializations of MBA Courses:
- M.B.A - Hospital & Health Systems Management
- M.B.A. - Hotel Management
- M.B.A. - Marketing
- M.B.A. - Banking and Finance
- M.B.A - International Business
- M.B.A. (5 Years Integrated)
BCAT - MBA 2016 Conducting Body
The first self-financing Engineering College in the name of Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) was started in Tamil Nadu in 1984 by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust, established by the academic visionary Dr.S.Jagathrakshakan. The trust then started Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital, in 1989. Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital was first recognized as a Deemed to be University by MHRD in July 2002, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 under the new trust Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHAR).
BCAT - MBA Contact Details
|Address||Bharath University # 173 Agharam Road Selaiyur, Chennai - 600 073 Tamil Nadu, India.|
|Phone no||+ 91 - 44 - 2229 0742|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
BCAT - MBA FAQ
1) What is Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA examination ?
Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA is an examination conducted by Bharath University, to invite admissions into Engineering courses. The qualified students through this common entrance examination will be given admissions in this University.
2) Who is the Conducting body for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA conducting body is Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHAR).
3) How can I apply for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
There are 3 modes of Registration:
1.Online with e-payment
Visit Official website and apply online
2.Online with Demand Draft
Download the application form from the Official website.
The downloaded PDF application form has to be filled and couriered along with DD for Rs 900/- drawn in favor of Bharath University payable at Chennai either to University (or) to the Corporate Office.
Note:- This has to reach us before the last date specified.Candidates should Write their name and address on the reverse of DD.your application will be processed only upon receipt of the DD.
Candidates can obtain the application form in person from BHARATH UNIVERSITY Campus or Corporate Office on payment of Rs 500/-.
4) How can I confirm that my BCAT registration form is duly submitted ?
You will receive a unique ID after making payment and successful submission of registration form on your registered mail id. Those who submit offline registration form with demand draft will also receive the unique ID on their registered mail id.
5) In Which Month Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Conducts Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the last week of April every year.
6) What are the entrance test centres for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
The test will be conducted in 17 states. The list test centers gave on Official Website.
7) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the third week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the BCAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from an official website.
8) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
9) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Application form in ?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
10) What is the eligiblity criteria for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA?
Any Undergraduate with first class or 60% marks or equivalent.
11) What is the examination pattern of Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA?
The Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA is Multiple Choice Question type paper, exam pattern consists of mainly four sections which will test the candidates’ abilities on various parameters.
The four sections are as follows
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability
12) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
13) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
14) I am a defense service personnel. Can my child get a seat under DS category in Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
Not all defense service personnels' children are eligible for DS category seats. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations.
15) When will the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website Last week of April .Please refer university official website for final result announcement date.
16) For how long is the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA score valid ?
The Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA score is valid for just one year.
17) Is Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
18) What are the specializations offered at Bharath University in MBA ?
Master Business Administration (MBA) Specializations offered:-
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
- International Business Management
- Hospital and Health Care Management
- Nutrition and Health Care Management
- Education Management
- Media and Entertainment Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Business Analytics.
19) What is the fee structure for the programs at Bharath University in MBA
Bharath University in MBA Annual Fee is 1,00,000/- 2 years .
20) Is the University NAAC accredited ?
Bharath University, also known as Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) and Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST), is a Deemed University and an Indian institute of higher education in Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, India. It is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with the highest grade of A.
21) What is the Procedure of Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Counselling Process ?
Admission to this program will be on the basis of performance in Bharath common admission test (BCAT) conducted by BHIER. However candidates with valid score in GMAT,CAT,MAT,TANCET,XAT,CMAT also can apply and will be considered for admission.Merit list will be prepared,candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal interview and Selection will be made.
22) What are the placement status?
At Bharath University they make an extra effort to ensure that their students will be ‘industry-ready’ and employable by the time they have finished their course here. From the placement division, students will receive:
- Career guidance and counseling on the options open to them based on their field of study.
- Students can take advantage of their language lab to improve their communication skills.Interview training, including mock interviews to give them an extra edge.
- Guest lecturers from HR professionals, seminars and industrial visits to familiarize them with the working environment.
The placement cell works throughout the year, to attract employees from all over the nation.
- Shriram Group
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- BSS Boston Software Solutions
- UBE Industries Limited
23) Do all students get hostel facilities?
The college has separate hostels for men and women. The hostel can accommodate around 400 boys and 200 girls. Comfortable single, double and triple bed rooms are available in the hostel. Tasty and nutritious food is served in the dining hall. You can opt for either vegetarian or non-vegetarian food. Foreign students can order food according to their preference. Cable television and Telephone facilities are also available.
24) Is there any transport facility provided ?
The college operates buses for comfortable transportation of students and staff. College buses ply from various points in the city such as Anna Nagar, Triplicane, Adayar and Tambaram for the benefit of the students. Besides, the college campuses are easily accessible by public transportation systems.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place