How to Prepare
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018 Question Paper Format
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018
DU Joint Entrance Test- B.A.(Hons.) (Humanities and Social Sciences) conducted by University of Delhi. Registration for admission to all Undergraduate courses of the University of Delhi for B.A.(Hons.)(Humanities & Social Sciences) at the Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi is carried out on-line by the University according to rules and procedures described in the University’s Bulletin of Information, which should be read carefully before filling the on-line application form.
- B.A.(Hons.)( (Humanities & Social Sciences)
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018 Conducting Body
DU Entrance Test- B.A.(Hons.) (Humanities and Social Sciences) conducted by University of Delhi. The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an act of the Central Legislative Assembly. The University which began life with three colleges and 750 students has now become India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world.Presently the university has 16 faculties and 86 departments spread over North and South campuses. It has 77 constituent colleges and a few other recognized institutes. It has around 1,50,000 regular students studying in undergraduate courses and more than 3,50,000 students in the non-formal stream.
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science Contact Details
|Address||Rugby Sevens Building, University Stadium, University of Delhi, G.C Narang Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110007|
|Phone no||011- 27667702|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science FAQ
1) I have registered online on the DU website, do I still need to fill up the offline form?
No, there’s no offline form.
2) In online portal, can two candidates apply from the same account?
No, only a single candidate can apply from an account for UG Admissions.
3) From where can I get information about admission?
You can get information about admission from the following sources:
- University website
- University Information Centre-
- Phone no. 011-27006900/155215
- You can visit help desk conducted by the office of Dean Student’s welfare in Room no: 5, 1st floor, Conference Center, opp. Botany department, North Campus.
- University conducts Open days before the admission process begins.
4) Can I fill online registration form even if I have compartment in class XII?
Yes, you can fill online registration form even if you have compartment in class XII. You will get admission only if you fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
5) Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of candidate?
Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH, then you must have Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to non-creamy layer and caste is listed in the Central Government list.
6) My result is yet to be declared, Can I still submit online registration form?
Yes, you can submit the online registration form by darkening the appropriate circle of result awaited under result section, however you have to fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
7) Can I apply in multiple courses in an online form?
Yes, you can apply in multiple courses in one form.
8) I have provided incorrect information while filling up the online registration form and also paid the online registration fees. What shall I do?
After payment of the online registration fee, corrections, additions, deletions etc. in any manner shall not be allowed in the registration form. The candidates are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully. Incorrect form will be summarily rejected. However, an applicant can start afresh by online registering again using new registration id and password and applicant will need to submit online registration fee again.
9) Can an applicant for an Under-graduate Honours Course be considered for admission in the non-Honours Programme in the same College or not?
Applicants are required to apply for all programmes/courses in which he or she intends to apply for admission. His/her admission shall be considered w.r.t. the programmes/courses applied for. Applicants are therefore advised to fill up the Online Registration Form for all the programme/courses where the applicants wish to apply for admission.
10) Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students?
No, all you need are the necessary documents.
11) I have studied both commerce and accounts in my class XII. Which subject will I have to choose for my best four?
You can choose both the subjects in your ‘Best Four’but in four papers including English and Mathematics. The other two papers are to be selected from Humanities and Social Science
12) I am a science student. Can I apply for B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science?
You can apply for B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science provided you fulfill specific eligibility condition and meet the requisite cut off.
13) I appeared in class 12th exam last year but failed to clear Mathematics. Then, I appeared in the compartment exam and cleared it. Now, I have two marks sheets, can I get admission?
Yes, you can get admission in Delhi University and you will not be at any disadvantage provided result of compartment exam is declared before the admission is completed.
14) I have appeared in class XII exam from CBSE Delhi. Will I get an advantage of being from Delhi?
No, there is no advantage for having studied in Delhi.
15) I have completed my class XII from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling can I get admission in regular college?
Yes, you can get admission in regular course provided you have applied in that course / college and meet the cut off.
16) I belong to ST category and live in Manipur. How can I apply for undergraduate courses in your University?
You can apply online from your place itself.
17) After the declaration of the cut-off, are students given admission on a first come, first served basis?
Admission in the colleges are not based on first come first serve policy.
18) For how long is the DU -B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science Maths score valid?
The DU-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science score is valid for just one year.
19) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science?
The annual fee structure for B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science:-Rs. 12,000/-.
20) How does one apply through the ECA or Sports quota?
You can apply for ECA and Sports quota also online.
21) Once I have taken admission in a particular subject, can I change my subject during the course of study or after completing first year?
No, once you’re admitted in a particular subject, you can change your subject only before the last date of admission provided seats are available and you meet the requisite cut off.
22) Is a candidate required to be present in-person on the day of admission?
Yes, candidate must be present on the day of admission in the college along with the desired documents.
23) Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for fee concession?
Yes, there is a provision for fee concession in most of the colleges but only after admission. You may contact college for details.
24) Can I take admission in two different/same courses in different colleges after declaration of a cut off?
No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses.
25) I was admitted under sports Quota last year but could not clear the first year. Can I apply afresh and also change my course?
You can clear your first year as an ex-student, if your internal assessment is complete (including attendance. In case you have not completed the above said condition, then you must apply afresh.
26) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.