Andhra University Postgraduate Entrance Test (AUPET) Exam Pattern
Andhra University Postgraduate Entrance Test For MBA paper consists of 90 Questions which are in three parts:
PART-A : General English (40 Questions)
· 1. Reading Comprehension.
· 2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
· 3. Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
· 4. Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
PART-B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude (30 Questions )
· 1. General knowledge of the environment and society.
· 2. Current Events.
· 3. Questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture,
· Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
· 4. Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children,
· ability to recognize individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence.
PART-C: One of the following subjects to be opted : (20 Questions)
· 1. Mathematics (MS)
· 2. Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
· 3. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
· 4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
Test duration- 2.30 hours
Marking System – Each correct answer carries one mark while every wrong answer will have a deduction of 1/4 mark.
|No. Of Subject||3|
|No. Of Unit||8|
|No. Of Chapter||79|
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretations
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Alligation and Mixture
- Ratio and proportion
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound interest
- Relative speed
- Simple Intrest
- Angles, lines
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume of 2D and 3D figures
- Quadratic equations
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Height and Distance
- Linear Equation
- Arithmatic and Geometric Prograssion
- Set Theory & Venn Diagram
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Properties of Triangles
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of AUPET MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of AUPET MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
- Directorate of Admissions, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam invites applications for admission into various courses offered in Campus Colleges of Arts & Commerce, Science, Engineering, Law and Pharmaceutical Sciences for the academic year.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Admission Information Brochure -IIIavailable in Andhra University Website www.andhrauniversity.edu.in/doa and select the appropriate course of study based on the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates should claim admission under the appropriate categories of reservation by marking in the relevant boxes in the application form. Requests for inclusion or change of category(ies) once claimed will not be entertained under any circumstances. The applications will be processed as per the claims of the candidates only and the admissions will be subject to the validity of their claims.
- The reservation policy of the Government of A.P. that is in vogue in (respect of SC, ST, and BC categories) will be followed in the process of admissions.
- A candidate seeking admission into a particular course has to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified for that course.
- The requirement for admission into Engineering and Pharmaceutical Courses, Home Sciences and Management Studies is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% in the case of SC/ST).
- No call letters will be sent to the candidates. They are advised to visit the University website for admission schedule.
- Hostel accommodation will not be provided for candidates admitted into evening / Diploma Courses.