Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test IMUCET M.Tech Exam Pattern
- The language of test is English.
- The Questions in all papers will be of objective type in multiple choice questions (MCQ) and short answer type format.
- The subjects for the IPUCET PG are General Engineering, Mathematics, Aptitude, General Knowledge and English.
- There are 200 total Questions and 200 total marks in the IMUCET.
- The Test Duration is 3 Hours.
- Each question carries one mark. There will be no negative marking.
|No. Of Subject||5|
|No. Of Unit||9|
|No. Of Chapter||81|
- Analogy test
- Classification test
- Number and Series Test
- Statements Assumption
- Statements Conclusion
- Statements Arguments
- Statements Action
- Binary Logic
- Blood Relation
- Logical Matching
- Number and letter series
- Sitting Arrangement
- Course of Action
- Logical Deduction
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statements Assumptions
- Reading Comprehension
- Basic knowledge of vocabularies
- One word Substitution
- Common errors in sentence construction
- Common errors in choice of vocabulary
- Change the voice
- Numerical Ability
- Number Systems
- Surds and Indices
- Square Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- H.C.F. and L.C.M
- Profit and Loss
- Mensuration- Areas and Volumes
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- Persons and Places
- International Relations
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- Hindu Law And Muslim Law
- Essential Elements Of Contract
- Types Of Contract
- Breach Of Contract & Damages
- Performance Of Contract
- Discharge Of Contract
- Specific Contracts
- General Defenses & Capacity
- Vicarious Liability & Vicarious Liability Of State
- Remoteness Of Damage
- Essentials & Defences & Nuisance
- General Principles
- Stages Of Crime Offences
- Right Of Private Defense Of The Body And Of Property
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
- Candidate will be not allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination without valid Admit Card.
- Physical calculator, mobile phone and wrist watches with calculation facility are strictly prohibited and candidates possessing these in the examination hall (even if not using) shall be disqualified.
- Candidates shall be present at the examination center 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Any malpractice or attempt to commit malpractice in the examination hall or any violation of the rules will lead to disqualification of the candidate.