Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Test(JMIEE)-M.F.A. Exam Pattern
- Test Duration- 180 min.
- Total Marks- 100
- Total Questions- 100
- Marking System– 1 mark each for the correct answer. There are 0.25 mark for the wrong answer in Part-A.
|No. Of Subject||6|
|No. Of Unit||11|
|No. Of Chapter||94|
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Vehicle Sketching
- Memory drawing
- Perspective drawing
- Correct Proportions
- Pencil Rendering
- Creating 2-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric shapes
- Colour Rendering
- Creating Logos
- Colour Schemes
- Creating 3-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric forms
- Creating structural forms from 3- D elements.
- Creating the effect of light and shadow
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
How to prepare
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made. If you follow the above rules, road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous Years Papers
Solving previous years’ papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
- Use Blue/Black ball point pen.
- Write your Roll No. at the appropriate place immediately after receiving the question paper.
- Candidates must submit the question paper and the OMR sheet before leaving the hall.
- Candidates are required to maintain decorum of the examination hall.
- Candidates must not use any unfair means in the examination. If any such thing is found during the course of the examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Do not put any identification mark on question booklet and answer sheet.
- Calculator, Mobile Phones and other Electronic gadgets are not allowed.
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various faculties and Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI (Except B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS), and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all programs of the University.
- The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc.
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- Candidates are strongly advised to regularly check the University website for admission related notices and other information.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/request shall be entertained in this regard.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place