Jan 13, 2015
Apr 15, 2015
May 04, 2015
Jun 01, 2015
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2015 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online | Exam Duration : 3.5 Hr
- The time duration for completing each paper is 70 minutes, apart from 10 minutes extra which are meant for reading and filling in other details.
Total Durations:-70 minutes
- There is no negative marking.
KCET- BE/B.Tech Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) I am a CBSE student studying in Kuwait. How much amount of DD I have to enclose to get the application?
You have to enclose a DD for Rs. 5000/? drawn in favor of “The Executive Director, KEA” payable at Bangalore along with a self addressed cloth line?cover for sending the brochure cum application .
2) Who is eligible to appear in KCET (B.E/B.Tech)?
A candidate who has passed the Qualifying Exam (Q.E.) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study and obtained an aggregate minimum of 45% marks in the optional subjects in the Q.E. is eligible for Engineering / Technology courses. 40% of marks in Q.E. in case of SC, ST, Category-I and OBC Category candidates. Provided that, the marks obtained by the candidate in Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science in the Q. E., will be considered in place of Chemistry, in case the marks obtained in Chemistry is less for required aggregate percentage, only for the purpose of determination of eligibility and not for the purpose of determination of rank, in respect of Engineering / Technology courses.
3) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
4) What is to be done in first 10 minutes after the first bell in CET Exam?
You have to write the name, CET No, question booklet version code, 2nd PU Reg no. & question booklet sl.no. and shade the respective circles in the required manner as instructed in the OMR sheet.
5) How many versions of question paper will be given?
16 versions of questions papers will be given.
6) Is the evaluation of sheets done manually also?
No.It will be scanned.
7) Is it necessary to use the black ball point only?
Yes. You may use Blue Ball point pen also.
8) I have passed my 2nd PU/12th Standard exam in 2014, I wish to write KCET Exam, whether I should obtain the application Form through my old Institution I have studied or can I apply directly to KEA.
You can get the application from your concerned School or College by submitting a DD or Rs.650/ for G.M. & OBC (Rs.500/ for SC/ST/Cat-1). If you want application by Speed Post from KEA, you have to submit a DD for Rs.750/ (within India).
9) I am a Horanadu Kannadiga Candidate, but I have studied in Kannada medium from 1st to 10th standard outside Karnataka. Am I supposed to write Kannada Language Examination?
No. You are exempted from the writing Kannada language exam applicable to Horanadu Kannadiga. You have to fill up the clause code as ‘n’ in your application.
10) I am a Gadinadu Candidate, but I have studied in Kannada medium from 1st to 10th standard outside Karnataka. Am I supposed to write Kannada Language Examination?
No. You are exempted from the writing Kannada language exam applicable to Gadinadu Kannadiga. You have to fill up the clause code as ‘n’ in your application.
11) I am residing outside the State of Karnataka. I am neither Horanadu Or Gadinadu Kannadiga. But I have studied 1st Standard to 10th Standard in Kannada Medium in the State I resided. Am I eligible for Kannada medium reservation?
Yes. You are eligible to claim the benefit of reservation in Kannada Medium you need not take up Kannada language exam test.
12) Do you consider the marks obtained in Mathematics while declaring the ranks for Architecture?
No.We will consider the total marks obtained in all subjects. (Including languages).
13) What is the minimum mark to be scored in PUC to apply for Engineering courses?
The minimum percentage of marks in PUC is 45% in case of GM and 40% in case of SC, ST, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B and Cat 1 candidates. In this, Physics and Mathematics marks are taken compulsorily along with either Chemistry / Biology/ Bio?technology.
14) I have taken an Engineering seat during 2016 counseling. Can I appear for the exam and change my college and course?
No. It is not possible. You can appear for the examination for other discipline and opt for Medical/ Dental/ ISM&H courses.
15) I have studied 1st standard to7th standard in Kannada medium. Am I eligible for Kannada reservation?
No. The candidate has to study from 1 st standard to 10 th standard continuously to get the benefit of reservation under Kannada medium.
16) What are the passing marks in KCET?
There is no prescribed minimum mark for pass.