Lovely Professional University (LPUNEST-M.Tech) - Bio Technology Exam Pattern
The Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) - Bio Technology consists of 70 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
English is a compulsory subject.
The language of the entrance test shall be English only.
The duration of test will be 90 minutes.
The distribution of questions is as follows:
Test duration- 90 minutes
Total Questions- 70 Questions
Total Marks- 90 Marks
Marking System – For English, each question carries 1 mark and for other subjects, each question carries 1.5 marks.
|No. Of Subject||4|
|No. Of Unit||9|
|No. Of Chapter||63|
- Molecular structure of Genes
- Mutations and Mutagenesis
- Nucleic acid Replication
- Mendelian Inheritance
- Gene Interaction
- Extrachromosomal Inheritance
- Microbial Genetics
- Horizontal Gene Transfer
- RNA Interference
- DNA Damage and Repair
- Molecular basis of genetic diseases
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell structure
- Cell cycle and cell growth control
- Cell-Cell Communication
- Cell Signaling and Signal Transduction
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence completion
- Cloze Test
- Idioms and Pharses
- Migratory Words
- Word Usage
- Phrasal Verbs
- Animal cell culture
- Animal cell and tissue Preservation
- Kinetics of cell Growth
- Micro & macro-carrier culture
- Hybridoma Technology
- Stem cell technology
- Animal cloning
- Regeneration of Plants
- Plant Growth Regulators and Elicitors
- Tissue culture and Cell Suspension
- Hairy root Culture
- Transgenic Plants
- Plant Products
- Restriction and Modification Enzymes
- DNA and Genomic DNA library
- DNA Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reactions
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Southern and Northern Blotting
- In-situ Hybridization
- Site-directed Mutagenesis
- Gene Transfer Technologies
- Gene Therapy
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
1. In case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship/ financial aid, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university. 2. Copy of the printout of the Application form must be retained for future reference. 3. Applicant should ensure the following before sending the printout of the application form: i. The applicant and parent/guardian have signed the form at the specified space. ii. All certificates furnished are properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed office seal at specified place. iii. The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted in the printout of application form should be identical and properly attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer of Government. iv. The applicant should select the course/courses which he/she desires to study while applying online.