How to Prepare
GAT 2016 Question Paper Format
Gitam Admission Test – BBA exam is conducted by Gitam University for admissions to its Undergraduate program. Gitam Admission Test – BBA are conducted at the National, State and University level for offering admission to Undergraduate students in different BBA colleges and universities in India. The university offers a 3-year full-time Bachelor degree in Management.
- BBA(Business Analytics)
- BBA (Management Accounting) with CIMA
GAT 2016 Conducting Body
During the past 35 years, GITAM has been committed to excellence in higher education foraying into diversified disciplines of learning. It has steadily evolved into a world-class university recognized for the experiential learning it offers, the competent and compassionate faculty, the stellar research laboratories, academic vibrancy and cosmopolitan culture. Dr. MVVS Murthi, visionary, industrialist, educationist, philanthropist and former parliamentarian have been guiding the destinies of the University since its inception.
GAT Contact Details
|Address||GITAM UNIVERSITY Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045 Andhra Pradesh, India .|
|Phone no||(+91-891) 2790404, 2840302|
1) What is GAT (GITAM Admission Test )?
Gitam University Vishakhapatnam invites application for admission to Undergraduate Programmes commencing in that session .GAT will be held at various centres in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India.
The UG Management Programs are offered by GITAM Institute of Management located in Vishakhapatnam Campus; the course curricula of the programs are carefully designed to impart wide knowledge in the respective areas of specializations, suitable for placements in reputed organizations and for higher studies within and outside the country.
2) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, All candidates will be awarded UGAT or GAT (or) GIM Online Test(GOT) test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.
3) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
4) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
- Register personal details namely email and mobile number for accessing online application .
- Submit application online after filling all details
- Pay registration fee using challan or credit/debit card
- Appear for the selection process as per the schedule with hall ticket downloaded from the online portal
- If selected, the candidate will receive Email/SMS alert to access call letter with-in 15 days.
- Deposit Commitment fee before the due date for receiving Provisional admission letter and fee estimation letter.
5) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
6) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Admission Test (GAT) and obtain a rank in that.
7) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Gitam Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
10) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
11) You have said that ideally candidates should have completed 10+2 in any stream. What would be the minimum eligibility criteria for admission at Gitam University?
- Bachelor of Business Administration:-Minimum of 50% marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate Examination from any recognized board or council.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Business Analytics):- Minimum of 60% marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate Examination with Mathematics as core subject from any recognized board or council.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Management Accounting) - BBA + CIMA Course:- Minimum of 50% marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate Examination from any recognized board or council.
Qualified in UGAT or GAT (or) Qualified in GIM Online Test(GOT).
12) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
13) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, is eligible to take admission in this course.
14) Is there an age limit for the course?
No, there is no age limit for applying.
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) What test scores does GIM accept for Admissions?
GIM uses CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/GOT(GIM ONLINE Test) scores for MBA/MHRM/MBA(CMU) and UGAT/GAT/GOT for BBM/IMBA.
17) What are the areas of Specialization in GIM ?
Gitam Institute Management are offered:-
- BBA(Business Analytics)
- BBA (Management Accounting) with CIMA.
18) Is GIM a recognized institute?
GIM has received recognition from AICTE in year 1994. GIM is one of constituents of GITAM University conferred with University status under sec 3 of UGC act 1956 in 2008. The degrees awarded are accepted all over the world for further education and employment in public and private sectors. Also NAAC has accredited GIM with 'A' Grade with validity till 2017.
19) What is GIM's intake every year?
Overall 240 seats in UG programs.
20) How GIM programs are different from other BBAs or B.Com.
GIM is the first institute to offer BBM in the state and perhaps in the country. Since 1988, over 2000 students were graduated and successfully placed in career across the world. The present curriculum is updated and will prepare the students for higher education, professional certifications (CIMA, ACCA), heading family business, or Jobs at executive level especially in KPOs.
21) Are there any quotas reserved for special category of applicants?
Yes. GIM follows reservations as prescribed by central Government.
22) What is the hostel fee?
Usually it is Rs. 7K to 8K per month in addition to the Rs. 10,000 refundable deposit and one time fee at the rate of Rs. 10,000 per annum paid at the time of admission.
Note: The above fees are subject to change anytime during the programme. Changes if any, will be notified sufficiently in advance.
23) Does GIM offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Very few Merit cum Means scholarships are available for economically poor students after admission.
24) Does GIM arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GIM to facilitate the process.
25) What has been GIM's placement record?
GIM's placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.
26) How GIM BBM or MBA(integrated) are different from other BBMs, BBAs, or B.Com.
GIM is the first institute to offer BBM in the state and perhaps in the country. Since 1988, over 2000 students were graduated and successfully placed in career across the world. The present curriculum is updated and will prepare the students for higher education, professional certifications (CA, CS, ICWA etc), Entrepreneurship, or Jobs.