How to Prepare
IPU CET B.Tech 2016 Question Paper Format
IPU CET B.Tech 2016
The admissions to the programmers of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through common entrance tests (CET). The programs of studies are grouped together, on the basis of common syllabi (for CET), for the purpose of conducting CET. The program(s) groups, wherever a CET is to be conducted, are assigned a unique CET code.
Course Offered under CET (B.Tech) are:
B.Tech. (Information Technology)
B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
B.Tech. (Mechanical & Automation Engineering)
B.Tech. (Power Engineering)
B.Tech. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
B.Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering)
B.Tech. (Tool Engineering)
B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
B.Tech. (Environment Engineering)
B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)
B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
IPU CET B.Tech 2016 Conducting Body
The admissions to the programmers of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through common entrance tests (CET). Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has been established by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India under Section 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC Act. The University was graded as 'A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore for the period 2013 to 2018. It is an affiliating and teaching University which aims at facilitating and promoting studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education, for example engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, law, etc., and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. In order to serve the broad purpose for which the University is established, it set out its statements of vision, mission, and Quality Policy.
IPU CET B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Sector - 16C Dwarka Delhi - 110078, India|
|Phone no||+91-11-25302167, 25302168, 25302169|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
IPU CET B.Tech FAQ
1) What is IPU-CET ?
Admission into the GGSIPU is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
2) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
- The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET.
- Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programmes given specific CET codes.
3) IPU-CET B.tech examination is conducted by whom?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University.
4) Can I apply for more than one CET/Course?
Yes. You have to fill a separate application form for other course.
5) If any mistake has happened while filling up the CET form, how can it be corrected?
In case of any mistake regarding DOB, spelling of names etc., the candidates need to submit an application in physical form at the Reception, Examination Branch, GGSIP University along with the applicable processing fee of Rs. 500/-. This application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission together with the applicable fee. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
6) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First Second week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the IPU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
8) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-B.Tech Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
9) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
10) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IPU_CET (B.Tech) Programme?
- They must have passed class 12th from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, and must have passed in all these subjects separately.
- They must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective or functional).
- Applicants’ age should be at least 21 years as on the test date.
11) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
12) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi, the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
13) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University.
14) .Candidates having gap period in last qualifying exams are allowed or not for admission in the University?
Candidate having gap period may have to submit an undertaking.
15) Is there any Management Quota in University School of Studies /Govt. Institutes?
There is no Management Quota in University Schools and Govt. Institutes.
16) What is the requirement for seeking provisional admission for result awaited candidates?
The candidates are required to submit the proof of having fulfilled the eligibility as per the stipulated time notified in the Admission Brochure . They must also submit Undertaking/Self Declaration for seeking provisional admission in case the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
17) If I got 50% in Mathematics in XII in CBSE, but my overall marks are less than 50%, will I be eligible for admission in IPU CET ?
No.you are not allowed.
18) I obtained 49.99% - am I eligible?
No, 50% means stVignan's Universityrictly 50.00% or above.
19) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for IPU CET(B.Tech)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for IPU CET(B.Tech) .
20) Is there a rounding off of percentage of marks in qualifying marks?
No, rounding off of percentage of marks of qualifying examination whiledeciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if the candidate obtains 49.99% in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded off to 50%.
21) Do I require any documents to get registered on-line for admission after IPU CET M.Tech Result declaration?
Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following details to fill in the appropriate fields.
1) Information filled in Online CET application form.
2) Payment through the following two options:
a) Cash payment by generating Fee Challan in any branch of Indian Bank.
b) Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
22) What are the specializations offered at Indraprastha University in B.Tech ?
- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
- B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Mechanical & Automation Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Power Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Tool Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering).
23) I belong to reserved category. Is there any age relaxation to apply for UG & PG Courses?
There is five years age relaxation for reserved category.
24) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
Online registration and choice filling can be done from place of convenience (including from home) using internet However, for candidate belonging to reserved category physical reporting for verification of documents is mandatory. The schedule for verifications of documents for each CET Code will be displayed separately. Also the candidateswhose result for qualifying degree have not been declared or have passed their qualifying degree from distance education will have to physical report for submission of Affidavit or proof of study centre as the case may be.
25) How many seats are reserved for Delhi and Outside Delhi Region?
- Generally, 85% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Delhi
- Region and 15% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Outside Delhi Region. However, in case of Self Financing Institutes, sanctioned intake also includes 10% Management Quota seats (if offered). Certain institutes established by Central Govt. and Minority Institutions etc.; the reservation of seat will be as notified by the Statutory Bodies.
26) I am aware that admissions in GGSIPU are based on CET merit and one has to participate in the Counselling process. How do I know the dates for Counselling?
This year, University is conducting Online Counselling for 11 programmes. The details with names of the programmes and the schedule has been uploaded on the University website. Also, candidates may refer to the Offline Counselling schedule for counselling to be held manually/offline.
27) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the University website.
28) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission Brochure 2017-18. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to official website at the time of admission.
29) 29.What are the modes of online payments for registration fees, counseling fees admission fees?
For Online admission procedure, the candidates will get two options of payment:-
1. Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
2. Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.