IPU CET M.Tech (IPU CET M.Tech - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Completing the Online Form|
|Step 3||Upload Photograph and Signature and...|
IPU CET M.Tech 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
IPU CET M.Tech 2017 News and Updates
The Indraprastha University conducts IPU CET M.Tech exam for admission in M.Tech programme offered by various colleges affiliated to it. Selection Process:- You will primarily have to qualify the eligibility criteria set by IPU for admission to M.Tech programme. Other than the ...Read more
IPU CET M.Tech 2017
The admissions to the programmes of studies in the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through common entrance tests (CET). The programs of studies are grouped together, on the basis of common syllabi (for CET), for the purpose of conducting CET. The program(s) groups, wherever a CET is to be conducted, are assigned a unique CET code.
Student can take admission in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University on the basis of valid and qualified GATE score also in all branches.
- M.Tech. CET (Computer Science Group):
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Information Technology)
- M.Tech. (Information Security)
- M.Tech. CET (Electronics Group):
- M.Tech. (Digital Communication)
- M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech. (VLSI Design)
- M.Tech. (Signal Processing)
- M.Tech. (RF & Microwave Engg.)
- M.Tech (Tool Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- M.Tech. (Nano Science and Technology)
- M.Tech. (Engineering Physics)
- M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Robotics and Automation)
IPU CET M.Tech 2017 Conducting Body
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts IPU CET M.Tech exam. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has been established by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India under Section 2 (f) and 12 (b) of the UGC Act. The University was graded as 'A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore for the period 2013 to 2018. It is an affiliating and teaching University which aims at facilitating and promoting studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education, for example engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, law, etc., and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. In order to serve the broad purpose for which the University is established, it set out its statements of vision, mission, and Quality Policy.
IPU CET M.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Sector - 16C Dwarka Delhi - 110078, India|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
IPU CET M.Tech FAQ
1) What is IPU-CET (M.Tech) ?
Admission into the GGSIPU is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
2) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
- The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET.
- Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programmes given specific CET codes.
3) IPU-CET M.tech examination is conducted by whom?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are primarily through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University.
4) How can I register for IPU-CET M.Tech examination?
- Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for IPU-CET M.Tech . Applicants must check the IPU-CET M.Tech Important Dates in Website.
- Aspirants can register for the test till Last week of March (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after IPU-CET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
5) What is the last date for submission of IPU-CET M.Tech Application form?
The last date for submission of IPU-CET M.Tech applications is 29th March,up to 04:00 p.m.
6) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable from March, onwards.
7) If any mistake has happened while filling up the CET form, how can it be corrected?
In case of any mistake regarding DOB, spelling of names etc., the candidates need to submit an application in physical form at the Reception, Examination Branch, GGSIP University along with the applicable processing fee of Rs. 500/-. This application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission together with the applicable fee. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
8) Which modes the payment can be done?
For Online admission procedure, the candidates will get two options of payment:-
1. Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
2. Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on 6th May.
10) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at 15 cities. The list of IPU-CET test centres can be obtained in official website.
11) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
12) Can I apply for more than on programme/ IPU CET ?
Yes. However, a separate application form has to be filled for each programme having distinct IPU CET Codes.
13) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the IPU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
14) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-M.Tech Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
15) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
16) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IPU_CET (M.Tech) Programme?
- It is mandatory for candidates to pass B.Tech/B.E or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate.
- Those who have passed IETE/AMIE (ECE/CSE/IT/EE) can also apply.
17) What is Exam Pattern for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-M.Tech?
- Candidates will be given two and half hours for completing the test.
- A total of 150 objective type questions will be asked. The question paper will be of 600 marks.
- Four marks will be given for every correct response. One mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
- The language of IPU CET PG 2017 question paper will be English only.
- Only black ball point pen can be used for marking responses.
- Syllabus of IPU CET PG 2017 is similar to that of GATE.
18) What is upper age limit in IPU CET M.Tech programmes?
For all other Post Graduate programmes, where entry qualification is Graduation, the upper age limit is 35 years.
19) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes.One(1) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
20) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
21) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi, the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
22) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University.
23) Candidates having gap period in last qualifying exams are allowed or not for admission in the University?
Candidate having gap period may have to submit an undertaking.
24) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-M.Tech ?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
25) Is there any Management Quota in University School of Studies /Govt. Institutes?
There is no Management Quota in University Schools and Govt. Institutes.
26) What is the requirement for seeking provisional admission for result awaited candidates?
The candidates are required to submit the proof of having fulfilled the eligibility as per the stipulated time notified in the Admission Brochure . They must also submit Undertaking/Self Declaration for seeking provisional admission in case the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
27) When will the result of IPU-CET M.Tech be declared?
The proposed CET schedule is uploaded on University website.
28) Is there a rounding off of percentage of marks in qualifying marks?
No, rounding off of percentage of marks of qualifying examination whiledeciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if the candidate obtains 49.99% in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded off to 50%.
29) Do I require any documents to get registered on-line for admission after IPU CET M.Tech Result declaration?
Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following details to fill in the appropriate fields.
1) Information filled in Online CET application form.
2) Payment through the following two options:
a) Cash payment by generating Fee Challan in any branch of Indian Bank.
b) Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
30) What are the specializations offered at Indraprastha University in M.Tech ?
M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
M.Tech. (Information Technology)
M.Tech. (Information Security)
M.Tech (Information Technology)
M.Tech. (Digital Communication)
M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
M.Tech. (VLSI Design)
M.Tech. (Signal Processing)
M.Tech. (RF & Microwave Engg.)
M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
M.Tech (Tool Engineering)
M.Tech. (Nano Science and Technology)
M.Tech. (Engineering Physics)
M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
M.Tech. (Robotics and Automation).
31) What is the refund policy of the University?
Refer to the admission brochure and notified later in the counseling schedule or in any circular on the University website.
32) How many seats are reserved for Delhi and Outside Delhi Region?
Generally, 85% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Delhi Region and 15% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Outside Delhi Region. However, in case of Self Financing Institutes, sanctioned intake also includes 10% Management Quota seats (if offered). Certain institutes established by Central Govt. and Minority Institutions etc.; the reservation of seat will be as notified by the Statutory Bodies.
33) What are the criteria for reservation policy of University?
The reservation policy is uploaded in the Admission Brochure .
34) I am aware that admissions in GGSIPU are based on CET merit and one has to participate in the Counselling process. How do I know the dates for Counselling?
This year, University is conducting Online Counselling for 11 programmes. The details with names of the programmes and the schedule has been uploaded on the University website. Also, candidates may refer to the Offline Counselling schedule for counselling to be held manually/offline.
35) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the University website.
36) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes,it is mandatory for the all CET qualified candidates to submit an amount of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time nonrefundable) as counselling participation fee for online counselling.
37) What is the Reservation seats in Indraprastha University ?
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel / Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement, irrespective of the fact whether there exists any reservation for any category of such candidates or not.
Relaxation of any kind, will be granted to only those candidates, who are able to produce necessary relevant supporting documents as per the Admission Brochure before the Admission Officer present at the Venue of the Document Verification / Counselling /Admission. Therefore, for seeking these relaxation/s, necessary documents must be obtained in advance by all candidates from the Competent Authority as prescribed.
38) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission Brochure 2017-18. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to website at the time of admission.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place