Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination-B.Tech (JCECE-B.Tech - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
JCECE-B.Tech 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
One of the most popular entrance exam conducted in Jharkhand state is Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination- B.Tech (JEECE). The exam is framed & conducted by JCECE, Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. The candidates who want admission in the first year of undergraduate engineering courses in various institutions of Jharkhand state needs to attempt JEECE exam. The exam can only be taken by those students who are a Permanent/ Local resident of Jharkhand.
JCECE-B.Tech 2016 Conducting Body
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board was constituted under Section 85 of Bihar Re-Constituted Act, 2000 by the Govt. vide Memo No. 374 dated 29.03.2001. The Government of Jharkhand has assigned the responsibility of conducting entrance tests for admission into various Institutions in the state. J.C.E.C.E.B. presently organizes the following entrance tests annually (depends upon the approval granted by the respective Departments of Govt. of Jharkhand).
JCECE-B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli, Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum, Ranchi [Jharkhand] – 834010|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is JCECE?
JCECE (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level entrance examination which is conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board, Jharkhand for admission to various under graduate courses in different streams such as engineering, medical and agricultural streams.
2) Where can I get the application form for JCECE ?
Candidates who want to apply for JCECE can be obtained from official website or by paying the amount from main post office of all districts and other designated post office. It includes examination fee and post office processing fee.
3) In which address the DD should be entitled?
The Demand draft should be entitled as in favor of “Controller of Examination, JCECEB” and payable at Ranchi.
4) Can I filled more than one application from?
No, Candidates are allowed to submit only one Application form with fee (online / challan). More than one application i.e. multiple Applications from a candidate will be rejected.
5) What kind of fee payment can?
The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the Application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in all the branches of Bank of India in cash.
6) What type of records I should keep with me after submitting application?
You are advised to retain the photocopy of:
- Application Form.
- Proof of payment of Application Fee.
- Three identical copies of recent passport size (3.5 X 4.5 cm) color photographs as required at the time of counseling.
7) Any options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application?
No,you are not allowed for this.
8) Fee amount has been deducted from my account but I am unable to get printout of my application form?
Although in Online Payment mode, the payment is reconciled immediately. If due to some Technical problem your payment is not reconciled then it may be updated in next 24 hours. Still if it is not reconciled then you should call the help line. In case you have made Double Payment then your payment will be refunded as per “Refund/Cancellation Policy”.
9) When shall I receive the JCECE admit card?
You can download admit card from first week of June. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
10) Should I submit the application form to the board office?
No need, candidadites must keep the prinout of the application form for future refrence.
11) What is the eligibility criterion for engineering programs?
Candidate should have passed H. Sc/10+2 or any equivalent exam passed with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biology and he/she obtained minimum of 45% marks ( 40% for reserved category) in above subjects taken together. Norms of AICTE will be applicable.
12) Can you explain the group of examinations?
The candidates should select the group of examinations as per their choice of PCM or PCB or PCMB according to courses as follows:
Subject Group Courses
- PCM Group B. Tech. / B.Sc. Agriculture / B.Sc. Forestry
- PCB Group M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.Sc. Agriculture / B.Sc. Forestry / B.H.M.S.
- PCMB Group B. Tech. / M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.Sc. Agriculture / B.Sc. Forestry / B.H.M.S.
13) I am applying for J.C.E.C.E. I am appearing in XII (Qualifying exam). My result is not yet declared. I don’t have any percentage to fill in the columns asking for percentage. What should I do?
Leave blank, if appearing/result not declared.
14) I got less than 40% in XII in CBSE, shall I still sit in the admission test, just in case seats become available later?
There is no point in applying if you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria but if you are belonging to reserved category can apply.
15) I obtained 44.99% - am I eligible?
No, 45% means strictly 45.00% or above.
16) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
17) How am I Eligible for admission to B.Tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
18) Is there any negative mark for wrong answer?
Yes, 0.25 marks will be detected in case of marking / darking wrong answer.
19) For how long is the JCECE-B.Tech score valid?
The JCECE-B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
20) Is JCECE-B.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
21) What is cut-off for JCECE entrance exam?
There will be 2 seperate lists -General Merit List and Category wise merit list. The candidates seeking admission in Computer Science engineering and Information technology courses need to score well and secure ranks within first 200–300 ranks in the merit list. Electronic & Communication Engineering is also expected to have a fairly high cutoff.
22) For which colleges and programs is the JCECE(Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board)-B.Tech required for admissions?
- Names of JCECE Participating Institutes
- Government Engineering College, Dumka
- Government Engineering College, Chaibasa
- B.A. College of Engineering & Technology, Ghatsila, Jamshedpur
- Government Engineering College, Ramgarh
- C.I.T. Tatisilwai, Tatisilwai, Ranchi
- Gurugovind Singh Educational Society Technical Campus, Kandra, Chas, Bokaro
- D.A.V. Institute of Engineering & Technology, Medininagar
- K.K. College of Engineering & Management, Dhanbad
- Maryland Institute of Technology & Management, Dimna Road, Mango, Jamshedpur
- RamchandraChandravansi Institute of Technology, Bishrampur, Palamau
- Nilai Educational Trust's Group of Institutions, Thakurgaon, Burmu, Ranchi
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
- R.T.C. Institute of Technology, Anandi, Ormanjhi, Ranchi
- B.I.T., Sindri
- R.V.S. College of Engineering & Technology, Jamshedpur
- University College of Engineering & Technology, V.B.U., Hazaribagh
23) What is the Procedure of JCECE(Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board)-B.Tech Counselling Process ?
The counselling process for the examination is carried out in two rounds- Round 1 & Round 2, which are as follows:
First Round of Counselling:
- The candidates are selected on the basis of rank obtained in JCECE . Only after proper verification of all the required original certificates/documents candidate will be allowed to make selections of the Institute and Course/Stream on Merit-Cum-Choice as per his/her Merit Order.
Second Round of Counselling:
- In case there are any non-allotted seats even after the first Round of Counselling then the JCECEB chooses to host the Second Round of Counselling. The rules and criteria is similar to the First Round of Counselling.
24) How is seat allocation done?
It is only after the release of JCECE Merit List that the seat allotment procedure will start. It involves selection of the desired seats by the candidate with a higher rank. This list will be combined as well as a category list. Combined list will display the ranking of all the candidates where as category list will display the ranking of the candidates belonging to a particular category such as SC/ST, OBC. There is a tie breaker rule that will be followed for the preparation of these lists. Seat allotment is done in multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats. This procedure will be conducted online and the entire schedule wil be made online for JCECE 2017 Seat Allotment.
25) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
26) Is there any reservation available on domicile basis in any of the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board?
Yes, Some of the participating Law Universities have provision of domicile based reservations for which the candidates are advised to refer to official website.
27) Do the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board participating institutes have the common rules of reservation?
The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board participating universities are governed by their respective State Acts and follow the reservation policies/rules prescribed by their Acts/State Governments. The candidates are advised to look into the detailed information of the respective website to know about the University specific reservations.
28) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
Is there any negative mark for wrong answer?
Yes, 0.25 marks will be detected in case of marking / darking wrong answer.
Is JCECE-B.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place