How to Prepare
KLSAT 2017 Question Paper Format
KLSAT 2017 News and Updates
Counseling Procedure The merit list will be published on the official website of KLSAT. Candidate after confirming its ranking based on merit list has to confirm the counseling date. Though a candidate will have the choice of course before he wishes to appear for KLSAT counseling, but ...Read more
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University will conduct an entrance examination which is Kalinga Law School Admission Test. The examination is abbreviated as KLSAT and will be held in on-line mode. The examination will be held for the intake of candidates into UG Engineering courses.
KLSAT 2017 Conducting Body
KIIT started as a modest vocational education institute in 1992 in rented premises in Bhubaneswar. By 1997 (considered as the base year) it commenced graduate programmers in Engineering and postgraduate programmers in Computer Applications and Management. The excellent academic ambiance, quality faculty, adherence to strict academic rigor and plethora of other academic activities led to grant of university status to the institute by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India in the year 2004 just within six years (1997-2004) of its inception.
KLSAT Contact Details
|Address||Director Admissions Admission Cell (Koel Campus), KIIT University, P.O.-KIIT, Bhubaneswar-751024 Odisha, India.|
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) What is 5 years LLB Course?
It is a course of 5 year duration ending with, conferment double degree of LLB with another degree like BA, BBA or B.Sc. The college currently offers 5 year LLB course in BA LLB, BBA LLB and B.Sc LLB.
3) When will the admission forms for the 5 year Law Course be available?
The admission forms for the 5 year Law Course will be available on official website shortly. However, the admission process will begin only after the declaration of 12th results . (Tentatively towards the beginning of December).
4) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the official website , click on the reprint application form tab.
5) Is the law course difficult?
Not at all.
6) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
7) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the official website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
8) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the official website , click on the application status .
9) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
10) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the kiitee read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
11) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
12) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
13) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
14) What is the difference between the 5 Year (B.L.S., LL.B) & 3 Year Course (LL.B)?
- The 5 Year Course is designed for students who have cleared their 12th Board examination and wish to pursue law as a profession. The 5 Years are divided into 2 years of Pre-Law, followed by 3 years LL.B. The course has a total of 10 semesters and the degree conferred at the end of 5 years is B.L.S. (Bachelor of Legal Sciences), LL.B.
- The 3 Year Course is ONLY for students who have completed their graduation (For eg. BA, BCom, BSc, etc.) from any recognized University. It is 6 semester LL.B. program.
15) What is the criteria for taking admission in Law course?
- 10+2 pass or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks.
- For B.Sc. LL.B candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in the science stream with at least 45% marks .
16) Is there any age limit to seek admission in Law course?
Yes,Not completed 21 years of age as on 01.07.2016.
17) I am eligible to take admission in five years law course. I do not want to continue. Should I drop out at the end of two years?
Yes you can, but I would like to suggest you not to do this because as per the university norms you cannot claim for incomplete degree after two years.
18) What is the examination pattern followed?
19) Are the students of Boards and universities other than Tamil Nadu board and KIIT University eligible for admission to the five years and three years law courses? Is the procedure any different?
Yes, they are eligible but they have to submit Eligibility certificate issued by the concerned authority of KIIT University.
20) Candidates having gap period in last qualifying exams are allowed or not for admission in the University?
Candidate having gap period may have to submit an undertaking.
21) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in KIIT University?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 45% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
22) For how long do the KLSAT scores valid for admission?
KLSAT Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
23) Is there a possibility of rank prediction, cutoff marks?
There is no way for rank prediction unless the university declares the final cut off along with the ranks/marks. Every year, according to the marks scored by candidates, the cutoff varies and thus it is very difficult to predict.
24) After completion of law course, what are the next best options available for me?
There are wide options/Career Options are wide for law students. They may move for LL.M. or any academic field, move for UPSC like IAS, move for practice in the judiciary, move for jobs in any law firms or corporate sectors, etc. It is your choice.
25) Which resources are available in your library?
Apart from regular text books, journals, law repoters, etc; our institute has also subscribed on-line legal debates like Manu patra and the laws.
26) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
27) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
28) What are the Courses/specializations offered at KIIT University under KLSAT Examination?
Various Law courses that are offered by Kiit university are :--
29) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
30) What are the placement status?
- School of Law of KIIT University has achieved an impressive placement performance for its 2016 graduating batch. So far 104 of total 113 eligible and registered students of its five-year integrated law programmes, BA.LL.B, BBA.LL.B and B.Sc.LL.B, have been placed.
- A record number of 39 recruiters participated in the campus placement process this year. They included reputed law firms like J Sagar Associates, Khaitan & Co. and Wadia Ghandy & Co.; corporate and MNCs like Deloitte, Bajaj Allianz and Ernst & Young; and legal process outsourcing (LPO) service providers like Mindcrest.
- With the placement process continuing till the month of June, the School is poised to achieve cent percent placement.
- The highest salary of Rs. 21 lakhs (post successful completion of probation) was offered by VDB Loi, an international law firm to a BA.LL.B. (Hons.) student, while the average salary in the batch was Rs. 4 lakh. Chicago-based LPO service provider, Mindcrest, was the top recruiter with 27 offers. KIIT School of Law was established by KIIT University in the year 2007 to meet the growing demand for legal professionals in the wake of globalization and rapid expansion of India's economy.
31) I am an Engineer/Doctor/CA/... and I want to pursue law?
Good for you. But be aware that there is no additional credit that you can get. You have to go through the same LLB program irrespective of your graduation degree if you want to practice as an Advocate.