Courses & Exams
News & Articles

BHU PET M.Sc. (Ag.) News & FAQ


May 25, 2018 03:49 PM

Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) has won the Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award in the academic ...

May 21, 2018 10:52 AM

CHSE +2 Science result 2018 has been announced. Students who appeared for the exams can check their class 12 result ...

May 14, 2018 04:02 PM

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) has released the official schedule for TNAU Admission and Counselling 2018 ...

April 30, 2018 09:52 AM

The Department of Mathematics at IIT Bombay will launch four-year B.Sc course in Mathematics from the upcoming academic ...

April 25, 2018 03:48 PM

Taking the lesser employment opportunities in IT sector of Bengal into consideration, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad ...


What is PET? <p>PET means &lsquo;Postgraduate Entrance Test&rsquo;. You can appear in PET after Graduation with 50% marks. for more&nbsp; eligibility criteria please read BHU PET Bulletin.</p>

How can i apply for these tests? <p>Application procedure starts in February-March of every year. All application procedure is online now. so you have to fill up a online application form at official website to appear in these tests after availability of application form.</p>

Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number? <p>Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.</p>

I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason? <p>Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link &quot;Uploading Photo &amp; Sign&quot; in the Application Portal.&nbsp;</p>

Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting? <p>You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.<br /> Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.</p>

What is the mode of payment for application form for M. P. Ed in the Banaras Hindu University (BHU)? <p>There are various mode of payment for application form for M. P. Ed in the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). A student can pay by online using credit card/ debit card. If a student wants the application form and prospectus by Demand Draft in favor of &quot;Banaras Hindu University&quot; payable at any HDFC bank.</p>

Shall I send the confirmation page to the University? <p>No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.</p>

I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password? <p>Using the link &lsquo;Forgot Your Password&rsquo; in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.</p>

I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page. <p>Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.</p>

How to obtain the Admit card after registering for BHU PET ? <p>After registering for BHU PET , the Admit card may be downloaded from the official website of the university .</p>

What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in BHU PET - M. Sc. in Agriculture? <ul> <li>Candidates with 4-years B.Sc. (Ag.) degree with credit based course programme under the guidelines of ICAR or an equivalent examination;</li> <li>Candidates with 4-years B.Sc. (Horti.) Degree with credit based course programme under the guidelines of ICAR will be considered for M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture only.</li> <li>Candidates with 4-years B.Sc. Animal Husbandry &amp; Dairying (now B.Sc. (H) Dairying) degree with credit based course programme under the guidelines of ICAR or an equivalent examination for admission to M.Sc. (Ag.) Animal Husbandry &amp; Dairying.</li> <li>6.00/10 or 2.5/4, 3.5/5, 4.0/6 OGPA for general candidates.</li> <li>Has not secured more than one III-division or equivalent OGPA in his/her academic career.</li> </ul>

What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for M. Sc. in Agriculture? <p>There is no age bar for the student to apply for this course.</p>

Use of calculator is allowed in the BHU PET examination? <p>No, use of calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited.</p>

I am appearing final year B.Sc in Animal Husbandry. Can I apply for the exam? <p>Yes, you can.</p>

Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program? <p>No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.</p>

I have a gap year. Will it affect my chances? <p>If you can provide valid explanation and proof/s for the gap year/s and if you are meeting the eligibility criteria for the respective program then you might have a chance to get through the admission process.</p>

For how long is the BHU-UET score valid? <p>The BHU-UET score is valid for just one year.</p>

What are the areas of Specialization in M.Sc ? <p>There are &nbsp;<br /> <strong>Course Offered-</strong></p> <ul> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Agricultural Economics</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Agronomy</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Animal Husbandry &amp; Dairying</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Entomology &amp; Agricultural Zoology</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Extension Education</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Genetics &amp; Plant Breeding</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Horticulture</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Mycology &amp; Plant Pathology</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Plant Physiology</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag) in Soil Science &amp; Agricultural Chemistry</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag.) in Agro-forestry</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil Science - Soil and Water Conservation</li> <li>M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil Science - Soil and Water Conservation.</li> </ul>

Is hostel facility available for students? <p>Yes,The institution has Two Hostels for Boys and almost all Girls are accommodated in different Girls Hostels available in the University.</p>

I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do? <p>No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.<br /> Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.</p>

Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees? <p>Yes, the mess charges as well as the laundry charges are included in the fee.</p>

Which resources are available in BHU library? <p>Apart from regular text books, journals, law repoters, etc; our institute has also subscribed on-line legal debates like Manu patra and the laws.</p>

What are the documents to be submitted at the time of admission? <p>All the necessary documents mentioned below:-</p> <ul> <li>Transfer Certificate.</li> <li>Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).</li> <li>High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.</li> <li>Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.</li> <li>Mark sheets of High School/equivalent &amp; Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.</li> <li>Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.</li> <li>PET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.</li> <li>SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.</li> <li>Certificate(s) in support of claim for &#39;Sports Seats&#39;.</li> <li>Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.</li> </ul>

Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling? <p>No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.&nbsp;</p>

When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee? <p>The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through official website.</p>

I have submitted my original documents at the time of counselling at the other college. What should I do now? <p>You should give us an acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.</p>

Science News
Science Articles