Get CollegeDekho
Mobile App
 Live Help
Courses & Exams
News & Articles

Goa Common Entrance Test-BHMS News & FAQ


March 07, 2017 11:19 AM

The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa conducts Goa Common Entrance Test for BHMS course. The candidates can check ...


What is GCET? <p>A Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa for the candidates seeking admission to first year degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture in various colleges in Goa.</p>

What is/are the college/colleges covered under GCET examination? <p>Many colleges and esteemed institutions offer admissions for its BHMS courses via the GCET. The entire list of the participating institutes is given below:</p> <ul> <li>Government Institutions</li> <li>Self Financed Institutions :- <ul> <li>Goa Medical College</li> <li>Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathy Medical College and soon.</li> </ul> </li> </ul>

What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form? <p>The candidate must have:</p> <ul> <li>Hard copy of the filled-in form.</li> <li>Fee receipt detail</li> <li>Auto generated ID and Password.</li> </ul>

When will I get my Admit Card? <p>The admit card will be available on the website of GCET only from first week of May (onwards). The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.&nbsp;</p>

Once I apply what will happen? <p>Once you send in your application along with the required documents and application fee, we will register it and allot an application number. Application number will be informed to you by e.mail. In the e.mail, we will also inform you as to when we will be offering the admission letter or if we require some additional information, we will write to you.</p>

Do you have to apply for separately for BDS & BHMS? <p>Yes, separate applications are required for each.</p>

What are the enclosures to be sent with the filled application form? <p><br /> The enclosures to be sent with the duly filled application form are:</p> <ul> <li>Demand Draft, drawn from Scheduled bank , in favor of &ldquo;Director of Technical Education&rdquo; at Panaji &ndash; Goa, , for Rs 1500/- as registration Fee Photocopy of :- <ul> <li>10 th/ Equivalent Mark sheet</li> <li>Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or qualifying Examination</li> <li>Transfer Certificate</li> <li>Conduct Certificate</li> </ul> </li> </ul> <p><strong>The duly filled in application form may be sent to &nbsp;</strong><br /> Chairman, Admission Committee<br /> Directorate of Technical Education<br /> Alto-Porvorim, Bardez, Goa. 403 521.</p>

If one does not get Admit Card, whom should he contact? <p>Admit cards will not be sent to candidates. These will be uploaded on website. Candidates need to download the Admit Card from the website only.</p>

What is the eligibility criteria for Goa Common Entrance Test for BHMS? <p>Applicant should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate (Std. XII) examination of Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English and secured not less than 50% marks in the aggregate of subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together.</p>

While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks? <p>The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don&#39;t include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.</p>

I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for GCET (BHMS)-2017? <p>As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for GCET (BHMS) .</p>

What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for the BHMS through GCET ? <p>An applicant have competed the age of 17 years on or before 31 st December of the academic year of admission to become eligible for admission to First Year.</p>

If the person’s XII th result is awaited can he/she go for BHMS course? <p>No, to apply in GCET, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.</p>

I had appeared in GCET (BHMS)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in GCET (BHMS)-2017? <p>Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for GCET (BHMS)-2017.</p>

Are there any breaks during the test? <p>There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.</p>

For how long is the GCET BHMS score valid? <p>The GCET BHMS score is valid for just one year.</p>

How will one know the result of the GCET BHMS? <p>The result of GCET BHMS will be uploaded on the official website as per schedule.</p>

On what basis will the merit list be prepared? <p>The merit list shall be based on aggregate marks of GCET in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. &nbsp;</p> <ul> <li>There shall be no minimum marks for BHMS, BAMS, AHS &amp; Nursing.</li> <li>In case the above marks of two or more applicants are equal, applicant with more marks in Biology at GCET shall be placed higher in the merit list.</li> <li>In case the marks in Biology are also equal, applicant with more marks in Chemistry at GCET will be placed higher in the merit list.</li> <li>In case the marks at GCET-2016 in Chemistry are also equal, applicant with higher aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at qualifying exam (Std.XII th ) will be placed higher in merit list.</li> <li>In case of tie at this stage, applicants securing more marks in Biology at qualifying exam (Std. XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list.</li> <li>In case marks in Biology in qualifying exam are also equal, applicant with higher marks in Chemistry at qualifying exam(Std. XII th ) will be placed higher in the merit list.</li> <li>If all the above are also equal, then the applicant with earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.</li> </ul>

Can a candidate change his allocated college for admission? <p>No, seat once allocated will not be changed.</p>

What documents are required at the time of Joining/ Reporting in allotted Medical / Dental College? <p>Original documents (along with attested photocopies of documents) for admission to under-graduate medical courses for admission as mentioned below.</p> <ul> <li>Admit Cards of Exam issued by Director of Technical Education.</li> <li>Result/ Rank letter issued by DTE.</li> <li>Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)</li> <li>Class 10th Certificate</li> <li>Class 10+2 Certificate</li> <li>Class 10+2 Marks Sheet</li> <li>Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.</li> <li>Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.</li> <li>Proof of identity.</li> </ul>

How To Download My Seat Allotment Order? <p>The provisional seat allotment order of candidates can be downloaded from official website after web counseling option entry.</p>

What does the Counselling process comprises of? <p>Counselling for GCET will be conducted in the beginning of June until July by DTE. To participate in counselling, candidates need to first fill and submit the Form BHMS before the already notified date. Counselling for GCET will be conducted purely on the basis of the merit list prepared by the DTE.</p>

Are the colleges where the seats are allocated fixed? <p>The colleges where the reserved seats are allocated may vary from year to year.</p>

Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling? <p>No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.&nbsp;</p>

Can I take back the original documents with me? <p>Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.</p>